Here it is folks. ooVoo is coming to BB10 and the CEO says they are working with Blackberry to integrate it with BBM

Jay Samit, president of ooVoo announced at CES that development talks of their app is underway for BlackBerry. With BlackBerry 10 having a front-facing camera, one would believe to start seeing more and more video chat apps, aside from BBM Video on this device. Check out what Jay Samit had to say at CES:

Were in talks to integrate with [BlackBerry Messenger] and were working on a Windows version, says Jay Samit, president of ooVoo, a video chat service. But theyre such a niche market.
    ooVoo Video Chat Messenger Coming to BlackBerry 10 | BlackBerry Empire
    01-08-13 07:37 AM
    Sounds good.

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 device, in the near future!
    01-08-13 07:52 AM
    This will be a great app to have on BB10 phones and the playbook. I can't wait to see what other big named apps are coming. (Wish GoToMeeting would port their app over)
    01-08-13 07:53 AM
    sweet....these little tidbits just make the wait more excruciating
    01-08-13 08:05 AM
    What do you think the comment "they're such a niche market" means? And does it refer to both BlackBerry and Windows? Sounds like the CEO is trying to get some funding for his App development work. I wonder how this will turn out.
    01-08-13 08:16 AM
    sounds interesting, can't wait to see the finished product. Its nice to have another company on board but didn't someone post saying they weren't going to be on BB10?
    01-08-13 08:17 AM
    sounds interesting, can't wait to see the finished product. Its nice to have another company on board but didn't someone post saying they weren't going to be on BB10?
    The quote above came from the CEOs mouth, so I think it has more weight than some customer service representative that the other posters talked to.
    01-08-13 09:17 AM
    Interesting. . .I'm reading the source article (RIM, Microsoft barely missed at CES 2013) and it seems like folks don't know that the BB10 launch is right around the corner. . .also that QNX is owned by RIM. . .lol
    01-08-13 10:09 AM
    Interesting. . .I'm reading the source article (RIM, Microsoft barely missed at CES 2013) and it seems like folks don't know that the BB10 launch is right around the corner. . .also that QNX is owned by RIM. . .lol
    Where did you read that? The article mentions that BB10 will launch in January and there is no mention of QNX...
    01-08-13 10:30 AM
    I remember reading rumor pages last year that this was how Skype would be integrated into BB 10 rather than a standalone app, you would be able to have your Skype contacts linked into your normal contacts that you are able to video chat with. It does not seem so plausible based on the resistance there seems to be from MSFT. 3 weeks to wait and see I guess
    01-08-13 10:48 AM
    Where did you read that? The article mentions that BB10 will launch in January and there is no mention of QNX...
    The tone of the article and the comments below make is sound like it's the end of the world because RIM has no apparent presence at CES. . .
    01-08-13 10:50 AM
    In my personal experience ooVoo works far better than Skype. I would welcome it.
    01-08-13 04:47 PM
    Bring it, the more the merrier. Im hoping RIM has developed something to cross platforms.
    01-08-13 06:05 PM
    If there was at least one video chat service that works between my mom's old PC in Germany and my PB and future BB10 device here in the US I would be a happy camper. I don't care whether it is Skype or something else. So far I have tried all the already existing possibilities, but they worked less than satisfactory, mainly the video quality sucked. If you have to use the PB browser for that, it is very unreliable and shaky, even Face Flow. As much as I like the PB browser, for video chat use it's gotta be an app I guess.
    All I want is to video chat with my mom without having to sit by the PC.
    01-08-13 06:16 PM
    If there was at least one video chat service that works between my mom's old PC in Germany and my PB and future BB10 device here in the US I would be a happy camper. I don't care whether it is Skype or something else. So far I have tried all the already existing possibilities, but they worked less than satisfactory, mainly the video quality sucked. If you have to use the PB browser for that, it is very unreliable and shaky, even Face Flow. As much as I like the PB browser, for video chat use it's gotta be an app I guess.
    All I want is to video chat with my mom without having to sit by the PC.
    get moms a PB...
    JR A likes this.
    01-08-13 06:37 PM
    Wish it were that simple. BTW, can't buy any in Germany anymore.
    01-08-13 06:40 PM
    The tone of the article and the comments below make is sound like it's the end of the world because RIM has no apparent presence at CES. . .
    Alec Saunders took to the stage, so they had an "apparent presence", but as I have said before, if they're going to give it their all, they're going to be like Apple and go big by themselves. They're going to have their own simultaneous world launch event on January 30th and they can take as much time as they want explaining their product. Instead of being grouped and being mixed with everyone else, where different sites and media will be covering everything, they're going to get everyone covering only RIM on January 30th.
    01-08-13 07:32 PM
    I've never used ooVoo but in a couple of videos I just watched on YouTube their UI looks way better than Skype's, I don't know how old those videos are, and no idea of how well or bad this app works compared against Skype, but it sure looks attractive to the sight.... It might give it a try
    jakie55 likes this.
    01-09-13 12:47 AM
    What do you think the comment "they're such a niche market" means? And does it refer to both BlackBerry and Windows? Sounds like the CEO is trying to get some funding for his App development work. I wonder how this will turn out.
    The CEO is referring both to Microsoft and RIM.
    01-09-13 04:13 AM
    What does integrated into BBM mean??
    01-09-13 04:20 AM
    What does integrated into BBM mean??
    Your contacts for ooVoo will be on your BBM contact list. Like how you can currently have text messaging within BBM
    01-09-13 10:41 AM
    ooVoo never came...
    10-21-13 04:53 PM
    Well they recently said 2014 i believe

BBM channels: c00121c99 for some knowledge and c00123fca for some real hip hop
    10-21-13 04:54 PM