09-05-13 12:05 PM
220 12345 ...
tools
    I think it's about 120,000 now. But still, looks like about 50% of BB world is crap from two companies.
    Wow.

But wait... we have the most apps at launch of any platform! That boast was silly back then, and somehow, some way, seems even emptier.
    JeepBB and agp101 like this.
    08-21-13 10:25 AM
    Are you saying there are single developers in the ios and android markets responsible for about a third of the apps?
    Is that seriously how you interpreted his comment? come on you know better than that.

In regards to the topic, if 50% of our app store is just garbage from 2 developers, then BB is in pretty much the same situation they were on BBOS, and this is not good news.
    08-21-13 10:27 AM
    Is that seriously how you interpreted his comment? come on you know better than that.

In regards to the topic, if 50% of our app store is just garbage from 2 developers, then BB is in pretty much the same situation they were on BBOS, and this is not good news.
    Yes that's fair comment and I apology for my remark.
    08-21-13 10:31 AM
    Search for S4BB in Google Play. I don't have iphone, I cannot search appstore for offline maps but even Apple cannot filter scam apps from their store:
    iOS malware can sneak through Apple's approval process, researchers show | Technology | theguardian.com

But anyway, kudos to S4BB for bringing those 47.000 apps to BB first even though many of those are useless. I don't use any single app from S4BB but I respect them for respecting BB and its users.
    Okay, so people here parrot "ZOMG APPLE HAS FART APPS ELEVENTY AND MOST OF THOSE APPS SUCK AND ARE USELESS AND ARE NEVER DOWNLOADED" as a negative towards the ecosystem, but 47000 apps including things like travel guides and ebooks (so they in fact aren't even apps) is "respecting BB and its users".

Good lord.

Tippy tapped from my iPhone 5, from me to you.
    mikeo007, Saiga, Etios and 8 others like this.
    08-21-13 10:41 AM
    Can we find someone else with a similar number of apps?
    The company "World Offline Maps" has about 1750 apps. There are likely other vendors with similar amounts or more.

Another similar company, "City Navigator Maps" has about 1900 apps.
    Etios, bekkay and cgk like this.
    08-21-13 10:43 AM
    Wow.

But wait... we have the most apps at launch of any platform! That boast was silly back then, and somehow, some way, seems even emptier.
    Remember how there were people bragging about the incentive payout and how they threw garbage apps into app world and it was the 'easiest $1800' they ever made?

The payouts should have only gone to quality. Same thing in regards to developer handsets. That incentive was the stupidest thing BB ever did and they still BRAG about it.

What user wants to slog through hundreds of offline maps and ebooks trying to find a well made app, any well made app, to download?

Tippy tapped from my iPhone 5, from me to you.
    08-21-13 10:48 AM
    The company "World Offline Maps" has about 1750 apps. There are likely other vendors with similar amounts or more.

Another similar company, "City Navigator Maps" has about 1900 apps.
    By my rough count we are upto 4 companies providing 67500 apps?

Anyone got any more to throw into the pile?

* Mippin - 17,000
    * S4BB - 47,000
    * World offline maps - 1750
    * City Navigator - 1900.
    08-21-13 11:03 AM
    Crikey... That's pretty bad. Back before BB10 officially launched, I thought BB would focus on its app store to try and make it better than the competition since, realistically, they could never compete on numbers but maybe at least they compete on quality and usability (since high numbers of apps makes finding really useful apps hard). But that seems to have gone out the window and they just wanted the numbers for useless stats.

Don't get me wrong, I have pretty much all the apps I want on my Z10 and I only have about 10 more apps on my Nexus 4 that I'd really want on my Z10, but I'd still respect BB a lot more to have implemented a better quality control system. Not sure what they could come up with but anything is better than what they have now.
    08-21-13 11:06 AM
    It's over 250,000 now. Just saying.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1xxx - BerryLeaks Team Member/co-Founder &.check out the site. BerryLeaks[/QUOTE] channelpin #C000B3B57
    08-21-13 11:07 AM
    The fact that this is being defended takes blind fanboyism to new heights. This is an embarrassment and yes I think the developer should be told to either deliver quality apps or to get the F out of App World. I can believe some of you guys think that this is ok. But I realize for some that BB is never wrong, it's the users that are wrong and don't see Blackberry's vision. What a joke.

BB users always ***** about iOS and its fart apps. Looking at the apps this company makes BB has at least 47000 useless apps with one fart app in there for good measure. We need tools not toys though.
    08-21-13 11:07 AM
    It's over 250,000 now. Just saying.
    Not for BB10.
    That number includes Playbook and BBOS as well.
    08-21-13 11:15 AM
    Can't believe this is being defended. We can subtract 47k from the official number of apps in BlackBerry World. I wonder if there are other devs with thousands/hundreds of apps?

Posted via CB10
    Can someone check how many ebooks Digi-Media has listed as standalone apps?
    08-21-13 11:16 AM
    Can someone check how many ebooks Digi-Media has listed as standalone apps?
    A couple hundred (looks like about 400). They're not the biggest though I don't think.
    08-21-13 11:18 AM
    A couple hundred (looks like about 400). They're not the biggest though I don't think.
    They were the biggest spammer on the Playbook as far as I remember. They released at least hundreds of ebooks each week.
    08-21-13 11:23 AM
    By my rough count we are upto 4 companies providing 67500 apps?

Anyone got any more to throw into the pile?

* Mippin - 17,000
    * S4BB - 47,000
    * World offline maps - 1750
    * City Navigator - 1900.
    WOW, that means, 50-60% of apps in Blackberry world are crApps or spam apps, this means BB has purposefully allowed this developers to spam the BB world.
    08-21-13 11:27 AM
    AppSpam. There were developers on iOS trying the same thing until Apple removed their junk. That's not to say junk doesn't still exist but the developers submitting hundreds of apps has diminished because of Apple intervention. BB will allow it because without the AppSpammers they'd be left with almost nothing by comparison.
    08-21-13 11:27 AM
    If you dont like it, get another phone. simple.
    Jahcure likes this.
    08-21-13 11:29 AM
    If you dont like it, get another phone. simple.
    Good answer - oh wait bb10 device sales are in the toilet.

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk 4
    JeepBB and PFman like this.
    08-21-13 11:32 AM
    Good answer - oh wait bb10 device sales are in the toilet.

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk 4
    Yep, kinda remind me of windows 8 sales the first couple of months, remember they were pretty much giving away the phones. took some time and look where they are now, just took over BlackBerry. With all that money it took them a long *** time to take the spot all while BlackBerry had not released a phone in almost a year. But we are expecting BlackBerry new phones to do the same in a lesser time frame. If apps are problem why not by a phone that has an abundance, say iPhone or htc one, because we all know windows phones still have an app issue.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-13 11:40 AM
    Yep, kinda remind me of windows 8 sales the first couple of months, remember they were pretty much giving away the phones. took some time and look where they are now, just took over BlackBerry. With all that money it took them a long *** time to take the spot all while BlackBerry had not released a phone in almost a year. But we are expecting BlackBerry new phones to do the same in a lesser time frame. If apps are problem why not by a phone that has an abundance, say iPhone or htc one, because we all know windows phones still have an app issue.

Posted via CB10
    how does this matter on the subject of this thread? this thread is about one or two massive app spammers in Blackberry world whose spam apps are responsible for around 50% of total apps. People please stay on topic.
    08-21-13 11:48 AM
    how does this matter on the subject of this thread? this thread is about one or two massive app spammers in Blackberry world whose spam apps are responsible for around 50% of total apps. People please stay on topic.
    Well I replied to someone that made a comment on sales and at the end I also solved the app ********. Go to another phone company that doesn't have that much of a glaring issue.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-13 11:52 AM
    BB10 came out very late and doesn't have the time or resources that Microsoft does. You can't compare the two.

And the app issues that WP8 has is nothing compared to the app issues that BB10 has. It's night and day.
    More and more sought-after quality apps are coming out every day for WP8. It's a totally different situation for BB10.
    bekkay and Etios like this.
    08-21-13 11:52 AM
    Did you also do a quick search for number of apps by S4BB on BlackBerry World? Or are you just accepting at face value any unsubstantiated innuendos? The allegation of "near 47000" apps by OP should be backed up with verifiable data, otherwise its total "jibbrish"!
    I've done a quick search for the developer on Android and Apple - 81 results for Android and 19 results for Apple. Nowhere near 47,000 !
    08-21-13 11:55 AM
    Just goes to show where Blackberry's priorities were. From what I understand they were paying 100$ for every app that was submitted. If you do the math, this developer got $4.7 million. That is money that could have been invested to bring at least 5-10 top apps to the platform. I mean if you pay a developer $1 million to bring an app, I'm sure they'll do it.
    08-21-13 11:56 AM
    S4BB = Spam For BlackBerry?
    BerryWizard likes this.
    08-21-13 11:57 AM
220 12345 ...