10-04-13 07:38 PM
113 ... 345
tools
    I wonder how Adobe is doing with the Creative Suite... I work in media and love Adobe for when I have to edit - Premiere is better than Final Cut Pro now.

SaaS seems to be a blindspot for BlackBerry. Ironic given that they were one of the first out of the gate to implement that with BIS, no? I keep thinking I'm missing something, but I guess I'm not.
    You're not missing anything, sadly..
    BlackBerry missed another source of income though.

The strange part is, like you say, that BlackBerry was one of the first in the smartphone world, to have a combination of SaaS and hardware.
    Why they stopped there, instead of evolving their overall ecosystem, is something I probably will never understand.

@Adobe:
    19th June 2013, they have 700k subscribers for the creative cloud.
    http://www.macworld.com/article/2042...t-700-000.html

On the 18th September, it increased to 1 Million.
    http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/enterpri...criber-numbers

The second link offers some analysis on the sale numbers and revenue.
    It's definitely not unsuccessful, but the revenue has declined for Adobe (reasons may be diverse for that).

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 04:51 PM
    Thanks, will check out the links. I've been meaning to look more into the Adobe cloud services and see what they offer.

As for BlackBerry, sigh, it's a puzzle.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    10-03-13 04:54 PM
    [QUOTE=scalemaster34;9275929] I agree the sharks are attacking BlackBerry right now. But that's because they cut themselves and didn't have the intelligence to get out of the water. [ /QUOTE]

This is awesome.
    10-03-13 05:42 PM
    I agree the sharks are attacking BlackBerry right now. But that's because they cut themselves and didn't have the intelligence to get out of the water.
    This is awesome.
    10-03-13 05:46 PM
    But BB10 WAS a flop...
    According to recent stats published by Kantar Worldpanel (operator of a survey that has consistently UNDERreported Blackberry 10 sales this year, in my recollection), it actually appears that BlackBerry marketshare in the USA increased significantly this year.

I think the markets where their sales are falling apart the most (on a percentage marketshare basis) are largely in developing countries which are now being flooded with hundreds of cheap generic Android smartphones.

So while BB10 has certainly been no magical saviour, and nothing significant enough to become a threat to the top competitors in developed markets, it appears that they have made SOME progress in SOME areas.
    10-03-13 06:31 PM
    You seem to have (badly) misinterpreted my post. All the one-liners I posted in quotation marks are attributed to the ridiculous BBRY fanboys around here. I am aware of BBRY's official position on sideloading. When we tell people about it, they call us trolls. I invite you to convey the facts to those who mock us because we suggest that sideloading isn't a solution for the average user.

I'm not saying that BBRY is responsible for any of the statements I posted. I was responding to your statement below, by pointing out that the majority of the negativism is engendered by eye-wateringly myopic comments like the ones I listed.

I started wondering a while after I posted that if that was indeed your stance. Sorry for the mischaracterization.
    10-03-13 06:34 PM
    If this article in the NYT is accurate, the risk to the company and its investors would be if the Blackberry board and C-suite don't acknowledge those facts to themselves. That is, if they are living in denial.
    NYC10065 likes this.
    10-03-13 06:35 PM
    ...a year for Apple Maps to really improve...

They're not out of the woods yet....literally.

BBC News - Apple Maps flaw results in drivers crossing airport runway

Apple Maps App Was Banned By Australian Police
    10-03-13 06:39 PM
    I still don't understand why BlackBerry didn't try to enhance their SaaS section.
    They have the NOC, and it loses its value minute per minute.

RIM had a cloud service, they sold it off when they started running into financial trouble a year or two ago.

Given all the failed cloud startups that have come and gone, not wanting to take the risk of being another one isn't exactly an empty concern.

And with their limited corporate resources in the recent year or two, I sorta doubt they would have been able to devote enough resources to it to make it competitive.
    10-03-13 06:43 PM
    Backwards compatible with what? All they did was add iOS7 and Android support.
    The assertion that several people had made in this thread was that BES10 did not support legacy BBOS devices, I believe this was in response to that assertion.
    10-03-13 06:45 PM
    Hey guys, remember last year around this time when some crackberry fans were utterly convinced that as soon BB10 was released, it would amaze the mobile market and usher in a new era of mobile computing. Now a year later, bb is about to bought and get chopped up. Now fast forward to next year, bb will be a thing of the past. Sad but true.

Before you get mad at me, I have 2 lackberry phones, but only use them rarely mostly for nostalgia.
    10-04-13 12:17 AM
    Before you get mad at me, I have 2 lackberry phones, but only use them rarely mostly for nostalgia.

Nostalgia. Same reason you come here to post rants about the company now, amirite?
    10-04-13 05:09 AM
    Nostalgia. Same reason you come here to post rants about the company now, amirite?
    Nicely played. Hopefully he Googled the word to look it up.
    10-04-13 07:38 PM
113 ... 345