10-04-13 07:38 PM
113 ... 2345
tools
    The test of a first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function. - F. Scott Fitzgerald

Let me help you out. Try this: BES is getting good traction (which we believe reflects customer confidence) BUT it has not been as much as we had expected given what we know about the competitiveness of our offering.

That statement is more consistent with what they have said and the facts they have presented than how you (and the NYT) are choosing to interpreting it. It's not that difficult. No need to spin it any more negative than it is.

Now, you seem to be an educated person based on going back and reading your proliferation of posts - from which I also conclude, by the way, that you are either more than one person or else grouchy from insufficient sleep - so when you state your opinion is that BlackBerry "attempts to spin a more positive picture than one that exists" I can only assume you a) realize that this is YOUR spin and b) are not so sheltered as to find this a novel idea. Yet you present it here like it is a fresh disappointment to you. I am surprised if that is the case because just a week ago you proclaimed, "finally all the smoke from Heins & Co... has been exposed for what it is. A total sham!"

So now it is I who is having trouble holding two opposed ideas in my mind. You have previously stated that you believe he is a total sham but continue to express concern that "perhaps I am being unrealistic in my optimism stemming from Mr Heins' comments..." Hmm... How to resolve this? Well, since claiming unrealistic optimism seems so obviously contrived coming from one of the more negative poster on this site I have to conclude you only claim optimism retroactively when it serves as a device to create some false disappointment in an attempt to reflect negatively on BlackBerry.

Either way, I know you would agree that "no amount spin can mask reality." You said so yourself. So understand the reality, accept the reality, and drop the spin.

P.S. I liked how you once said, "Even if you accept that [Apple was attempting to spin a more positive picture by claiming 9 million], you're talking 5.5 million iPhones sold over the course of a single weekend. Nothing to laugh at." True... If you spin it the right way. But a huge disappointment if you were unrealistically optimistic stemming from Apple's comments, wouldn't you agree? Maybe I missed your "iPhone launch isn't so hot after all" thread.
    10-03-13 12:12 AM
    The key is most of the devices in the world right now are iOS/Andriod.

BES has no advantage to manage iOS/Andriod device than competitors, or actually it is worse than its competitors right now.

And I do not think BES will be better than its competitors on managing iOS/Andriod devices in the future, because eventually all use the same APIs from Apple/Google to do the same work.

So yes, BES is worth some money, but not a lot.
    theflew likes this.
    10-03-13 12:13 AM
    Anyway, I'm curious as to why BlackBerry wouldn't consider selling licenses to individual users to access BES 10 through BlackBerry proper? Anyone who's interested could have full encrypted email, et al.

Small businesses who can't afford / be bothered to set up their own BES 10 server could just buy in on an annual subscription. On the surface (to a layman like myself), it seems like a workable idea, and a potential service revenue generator. So what's the flaw in my logic, that I'm missing here?

Microsoft is already heading that route with Office 365... Why doesn't BlackBerry embrace small and medium sized business by offering this service? Hey, wouldn't they kind of fit the definition of prosumer?

You can get BES10 functionality without deploying the infrastructure yourself, it's called SaaS (Software as a Service), ie a hosted groupware account from a provider that runs BES.

One company I know of that provides this service is ExchangeMyMail:

ExchangeMyMail - Premium Exchange Hosting
    10-03-13 01:00 AM
    I was wondering where you've been, Omni. Maybe you've just been doing your usual thing helping out on the tech side and not descending into this fray : )

Anyone is free to review my posting history if they are sincerely curious about that.

"Anyone who wants an app should just sideload it"

Not only is that a misleading statement and a blatant misrepresentation of any official company statements, I'd say it's borderline libel.

RIM/Blackberry has stated on MULTIPLE occasions that the sideloading mechanism was not designed for end-users, it was designed and intended as a tool to allow developers to test apps with. I am not aware of ANY promotion of sideloading for use by end-users by anyone speaking officially for the company. If you are, please post the cites.

I am not sitting here in this thread trying to claim that Blackberry is perenially a victim of external forces out of their control, what I get awfully tired of are people who adopt a stance (whatever that stance may be) and then engage in the world's most convoluted "logic" trying to prop it up in the face of direct refutation of some of its key arguments.

Case in point: the armchair CEOs here and elsewhere who when faced with some actual facts that refute their incessant griping about the company's direction, attempt to claim that the facts are immaterial.

Paraphrasing a quote someone made earlier: intelligence means being able to grasp complex concepts, and that includes acknowledging and incorporating contrasting facts when they are presented, not simply waving one's hands around attempting to dismiss data when it disagrees with one's pet theory or polemic-du-jour.
    undone likes this.
    10-03-13 01:12 AM
    And once again, it looks like BlackBerry may be pricing themselves out of the market. Sigh... I did hear that they dropped the client license to $14 from $99? Maybe that will help...

Here's a question that maybe someone here can answer? BES 10 is for organizations to serve their employees (A buddy of mine has Balance, and he likes it but complains he has to enter a separate password for his work profile). Anyway, I'm curious as to why BlackBerry wouldn't consider selling licenses to individual users to access BES 10 through BlackBerry proper? Anyone who's interested could have full encrypted email, et al.

Small businesses who can't afford / be bothered to set up their own BES 10 server could just buy in on an annual subscription. On the surface (to a layman like myself), it seems like a workable idea, and a potential service revenue generator. So what's the flaw in my logic, that I'm missing here?

Microsoft is already heading that route with Office 365... Why doesn't BlackBerry embrace small and medium sized business by offering this service? Hey, wouldn't they kind of fit the definition of prosumer?

EDIT: Just read above it's $19, not $14...
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bbry-f3...utions-794697/

I had similar ideas in the this thread. The possible pricing may have been off though, as I would have seen BBM as something that could be monetized, through giving people the ability to encrypt the messages with a personal key.

I still don't understand why BlackBerry didn't try to enhance their SaaS section.
    They have the NOC, and it loses its value minute per minute.
    They have BES and already have shown through BES-X that they are able to provide something for small businesses.
    BlackBerry should have been able to anticipate the need for more services, as this is also part of an ecosystem.

Gmail, Gmaps or YouTube have become so incredibly important and every Android vendor can be sure that their devices will have a perfect integration with "everything Google ".

You have used a perfect example with MS's Office 365, trying to please to smaller sized businesses, or the "prosumer".
    Heck, even adobe started to host their creative suite in the cloud right now.
    It was yet another thing were BlackBerry was too late.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 03:56 AM
    Let me help you out. Try this: BES is getting good traction (which we believe reflects customer confidence) BUT it has not been as much as we had expected given what we know about the competitiveness of our offering.
    Thanks for the kind offer of assistance but perhaps you should, instead, offer to help BBRY since they really do need help and that is not what they wrote.

In their press release, they attempted to paint a rosy/rosier picture as relates to BES 10 sales/adoption while in their MD&A, they employ quite a different tone. Had they said what you suggested above in their press release, no one would even try to make sense of their MD&A disclosure since both statements would have been largely consistent with one another. Unfortunately for BBRY, they did not take your advice.

Now, you seem to be an educated person based on going back and reading your proliferation of posts - from which I also conclude, by the way, that you are either more than one person or else grouchy from insufficient sleep - so when you state your opinion is that BlackBerry "attempts to spin a more positive picture than one that exists" I can only assume you a) realize that this is YOUR spin and b) are not so sheltered as to find this a novel idea. Yet you present it here like it is a fresh disappointment to you. I am surprised if that is the case because just a week ago you proclaimed, "finally all the smoke from Heins & Co... has been exposed for what it is. A total sham!"

So now it is I who is having trouble holding two opposed ideas in my mind. You have previously stated that you believe he is a total sham but continue to express concern that "perhaps I am being unrealistic in my optimism stemming from Mr Heins' comments..." Hmm... How to resolve this? Well, since claiming unrealistic optimism seems so obviously contrived coming from one of the more negative poster on this site I have to conclude you only claim optimism retroactively when it serves as a device to create some false disappointment in an attempt to reflect negatively on BlackBerry.

Either way, I know you would agree that "no amount spin can mask reality." You said so yourself. So understand the reality, accept the reality, and drop the spin.
    It is perhaps due to the inability to adequately communicate tone through a forum posting that you would fail to note the sarcasm in my statement regarding my optimism as relates to Mr Heins' comments. Following BB10's launch this spring and the various interviews given by Mr Heins at that time, I had already concluded that it would be highly unlikely that his public pronouncements were in any way reliable indicators of BBRY's/BB10s performance. Given the gulf between his rhetoric and the harsh reality of BBRY's sales and financial performance over the past couple of quarters, I think my skepticism has generally been proven correct.

No, I certainly don't think "spin" is a novel idea but I do think that when someone spins a tale that is so far off course, it fails to have any further effect.

Addendum:

It seems as though the NYT and I weren't the only ones who saw the inconsistency in the BBRY press release and MD&A.

This is from today's Canadian newspaper, The Globe and Mail (BBRY home country newspaper):

The company, which had earlier expressed confidence in its enterprise service business, offered a different story in the new filing: It said “delays in the launch of certain functionality” of the enterprise service for the BlackBerry 10 platform and increased competition “have resulted in a slower-than-anticipated rate of adoption” of the platform by its customers. It acknowledged that uncertainty over its sale process was hurting its business prospects.

This interpretation of BBRY's statements appears to be far more acceptable and more representative of what reasonable observers would conclude than your version ("BES is getting good traction (which we believe reflects customer confidence) BUT it has not been as much as we had expected given what we know about the competitiveness of our offering.").

While I am sure that BBRY would have rather the focus be on their press release language than their MD&A language, the mere fact that two documents issued within days of each other can offer such starkly different descriptions (both tonal and factual) of exactly the same matter can only result in media coverage being given to the inconsistency. Again, had BBRY used your suggested wording or tone, they could have avoided this turn of events entirely.
    Last edited by NYC10065; 10-03-13 at 08:36 AM. Reason: Addendum from Globe and Mail
    danprown, JeepBB and notfanboy like this.
    10-03-13 05:05 AM
    BES10 is now backward compatible:

http://n4bb.com/blackberry-enterpris...1-3-available/

Q10-Z10-iP5
    Backwards compatible with what? All they did was add iOS7 and Android support.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 05:41 AM
    Yes, so when all the armchair experts here get interrupted for a second while someone with actual ONSITE EXPERIENCE with BES10 chimes in to bring some actual in-the-trenches perspective to the discussion, they get told their experience and knowledge is "irrelevant".

Gotcha.
    No, I'm afraid you apparently do not get me. The topic of this thread, and I've hewed close to it, is not how easy it is to use BES 10, etc., etc. It's that -- irrespective of "onsite experience" with BES 10 -- corporations are, in BBRY speak, adopting BES 10 at a rate "slower than expected." For those well-versed in the pronouncements from this company, that loosely translates to "BES10 is almost a big a flop as the Z10." It's not that BES10 is crap, just as it isn't that the Z10 is crap.

So yes, the experience of some IT guy in a company of 40 people who says it's great and easy to use is in fact irrelevant to this thread. It's accepted as a given.

Get me? Good.
    codehut, anon1727506, TGR1 and 1 others like this.
    10-03-13 06:07 AM
    who reads nyt anyway. they should be more concerned about their own survival.

oh wait...
    10-03-13 06:16 AM
    This is all so reminiscent of Nortel. They start having trouble, media jumps all over them highlighting every failure, misstep and manages to punch a few more holes in a sinking ship. Once the ship is gone they will write about what a shame it is that great Canadian company couldn't survive and the jobs lost and local financial impact it's had. It's all about getting clicks and selling copies...it's funny how all the papers have turned into tabloids now. Maybe they were smelling their own demise?
    danprown and Omnitech like this.
    10-03-13 07:04 AM
    This is all so reminiscent of Nortel. They start having trouble, media jumps all over them highlighting every failure, misstep and manages to punch a few more holes in a sinking ship. Once the ship is gone they will write about what a shame it is that great Canadian company couldn't survive and the jobs lost and local financial impact it's had. It's all about getting clicks and selling copies...it's funny how all the papers have turned into tabloids now. Maybe they were smelling their own demise?
    I agree the sharks are attacking BlackBerry right now. But that's because they cut themselves and didn't have the intelligence to get out of the water.

When BB10 launched, I think even with the mediocre specs that the media gave BB some pretty positive reviews, and for the most part they fell in with Thor and his "were having the best launch ever" for a while (might be some got burned believing Thor).

But BB10 WAS a flop, and everyone has said for two years that this was their last shot. So the fact that BB is now being "jumped on" is their own fault for failing to begin with. Add in the fact that they don't seem to know HOW to communicate - the "alternative solutions" announcement has pretty much done them in.

I don't know if you realize it or not, but the things BlackBerry is doing now would make a great New York Times Bestseller if it were turned into a novel (and if anyone really cared about BlackBerry).
    Last edited by scalemaster34; 10-03-13 at 09:12 AM. Reason: correcting spellcheck
    10-03-13 07:36 AM
    No, I'm afraid you apparently do not get me. The topic of this thread, and I've hewed close to it, is not how easy it is to use BES 10, etc., etc. It's that -- irrespective of "onsite experience" with BES 10 -- corporations are, in BBRY speak, adopting BES 10 at a rate "slower than expected." For those well-versed in the pronouncements from this company, that loosely translates to "BES10 is almost a big a flop as the Z10." It's not that BES10 is crap, just as it isn't that the Z10 is crap.

So yes, the experience of some IT guy in a company of 40 people who says it's great and easy to use is in fact irrelevant to this thread. It's accepted as a given.

Get me? Good.
    What a bad translator you are.
    10-03-13 08:13 AM
    who reads nyt anyway. they should be more concerned about their own survival.
    People should just stop reading period. NYT, WSJ, Globe and Mail, National Post, etc etc. While they're at it, they should also turn off CNN, CBC, CTV, Fox Business News and Bloomberg since all of these news outlets have reported on BBRY's woes. Best to just ignore them and listen to Thorsten Heins say "tens of millions of devices" will be sold.

If the newspapers are truly jumping on BBRY it is only because BBRY has given them such great material to work with.
    kbz1960, danprown, Etios and 2 others like this.
    10-03-13 08:47 AM
    I think this BES thing has become some sort of a rallying cry for BBRY loyalists which is really misplaced.

Even under the most wildly optimistic outcomes, it cannot save BBRY. The marekt is simply not there. According to the Gartner's research, and I find them reputable, since Blackberry cites them often, the market is 1.5 Billion at most. This market cannot support BBRY, even if they have 99% of it. And they don't nor ever will.

The market is crowded. BBRY is at the bottom (look at Gartner's Magic Quadrant). The competitors are small and nimble. What's more, some of the competititors will or are backed by giant corporations who can afford to subsidize their services in order to drive revenue elsewhere, the way Google releases Android. This will further drive down the price for CALs. MDM is and will be all done through 'apps' or through the cloud, maybe eventually even for free.

If you read the stories, it is obvious BBRY knows this. TH knew this. He killed all projects to focus on BB10 (not BES, BBM, China, SMS2.0) and BB10 only since this is where slavation has always lain. Selling handsets to carriers at crazy margins and building an ecosystem around them. BES is like an afterthought, a little perk on the side in the grand scheme of things, a dozen millions per quarter.
    NYC10065, Etios, JeepBB and 3 others like this.
    10-03-13 09:29 AM
    I think this BES thing has become some sort of a rallying cry for BBRY loyalists which is really misplaced.

Even under the most wildly optimistic outcomes, it cannot save BBRY. The marekt is simply not there. According to the Gartner's research, and I find them reputable, since Blackberry cites them often, the market is 1.5 Billion at most. This market cannot support BBRY, even if they have 99% of it. And they don't nor ever will.

The market is crowded. BBRY is at the bottom (look at Gartner's Magic Quadrant). The competitors are small and nimble. What's more, some of the competititors will or are backed by giant corporations who can afford to subsidize their services in order to drive revenue elsewhere, the way Google releases Android. This will further drive down the price for CALs. MDM is and will be all done through 'apps' or through the cloud, maybe eventually even for free.

If you read the stories, it is obvious BBRY knows this. TH knew this. He killed all projects to focus on BB10 (not BES, BBM, China, SMS2.0) and BB10 only since this is where slavation has always lain. Selling handsets to carriers at crazy margins and building an ecosystem around them. BES is like an afterthought, a little perk on the side in the grand scheme of things, a dozen millions per quarter.
    If I understand you correctly, basically you are saying BBRY is done, no hope at all. What makes you so sure about it? Prove me you are better than Prem Watsa.
    10-03-13 10:58 AM
    Not only is that a misleading statement and a blatant misrepresentation of any official company statements, I'd say it's borderline libel.

RIM/Blackberry has stated on MULTIPLE occasions that the sideloading mechanism was not designed for end-users, it was designed and intended as a tool to allow developers to test apps
    Omni, you seem to have misunderstood my post. All the one-liners I posted in quotation marks are attributed to the ridiculous BBRY fanboys around here. I am aware of BBRY's official position on sideloading. When we tell people about it, they call us trolls. I invite you to convey the facts to those who mock us because we suggest that sideloading isn't a solution for the average user.

I'm not saying that BBRY is responsible for any of the statements I posted. I was responding to your statement below, by pointing out that the majority of the negativism is engendered by eye-wateringly myopic comments like the ones I listed.

There's no doubt BlackBerry has a tough road to hoe with their enterprise business, but it gets really really old listening to the same negative nellies jump into every.single.discussion that discusses the prospects of the company just to pile on, thank every post that suggests the end is nigh, and perpetuate the wailing around here.
    Last edited by mset; 10-03-13 at 08:52 PM.
    NYC10065 likes this.
    10-03-13 12:44 PM
    I am not saying BBRY is done. I am saying BES will not save BBRY as a multi-billion dollar company with 7,000 employees.
    Otherwise, hope springs eternal in the human boob.

If I understand you correctly, basically you are saying BBRY is done, no hope at all. What makes you so sure about it? Prove me you are better than Prem Watsa.
    NYC10065 and theflew like this.
    10-03-13 02:08 PM
    Other than some platitudes forecasting great things for BBRY in the future, we don't really know what Prem Watsa's plans are as regards to BBRY and we certainly have no idea what Mr Watsa may or may not think about BES 10.
    m1a1mg likes this.
    10-03-13 02:15 PM
    He's being a silly billy anyways.
    Who you callin' a silly billy? Me? Don't be so willy nilly! ;P

The maps gaffe was hardly on the same level as many of BB's issues.

Note as well, that the majority of ios users (at least in the imore poll) had ambivalent to positive opinions of the maps app 1 year later! I still suspect much of that info was due to database info being incorrect - and really, that should be expected (though not defended).
    Actually, Apple Maps was ok if you were in most NA cities (and elsewhere, not sure). I was an iPhone user at the time and I seem to recall vividly a lot of people I knew personally that were livid that Apple removed Google Maps. That was far worse than releasing a buggy version of Apple Maps (And it was buggy, the guys in charge were fired sometime later). It took months to get Google's Maps app back, a year for Apple Maps to really improve (in your own words), and it took Apple at least a week to apologize I believe. Have to look that last part up, but seems like it was about a week before they publicly responded.

I'm not defending BlackBerry's mistakes, or suggesting that Apple has made more. You seem to be downplaying the Maps fiasco, but I think that's incorrect. It didn't lead to a lot of people returning their phones, etc. but that was the beginning of Apple's market share erosion and the rise of Samsung. The timing may be coincidental largely, but I think it definitely had an effect.

EDIT: You didn't say it took a year for Apple Maps to improve, my bad. BUT, I guess I was projecting since I kept tabs on the issue and my personal belief is that it took about that length of time for them to iron out a lot of the bugs. It still pales next to Google Maps, imho, which is the king of Maps apps.
    Last edited by Gnomesane; 10-03-13 at 03:41 PM.
    10-03-13 03:20 PM
    I certainly recall the Apple Maps screw up but I was referring to financial expectations created by public comments by Apple executives or press releases.
    Well, fair enough then. There was one bizarre statement from Steve Jobs years ago about 7 inch tablets (in response to the PlayBook launch or 7" Android tablets). And it beats Heins' "ios is stale" and "tablets will be gone in five years"...

LINK: Jobs: 7" tablets should come with sandpaper, so users can file down their fingers - The Next Web

Here's the relevant section:

"During his talk about Apple’s $20 billion Q4, Apple CEO Steve Jobs just went on a rampage about how he feels that the 7″ competitors to the iPad will be “dead on arrival”.

Saying that the iPad has 35,000 apps, and these other tablet will bascially have none at launch, Jobs went on to say that the 7″ form factor is not a good size for tablet applications and that these tablets are 45% smaller than the iPad. He then said – and we don’t have the exact quote, but this is the gist: these 7″ tablets should come with sandpaper, so that users can file down their fingers so they can use them. Gruesome.

Jobs also said that most tablets will be Android based (this was after he spent 5-10 minutes bashing Android) and that Apple’s competitors “are having a tough time matching the price of the iPad” since Apple had a lot of the process figured out with the iPhone before it launched the iPad."

Kind of ironic given the success of the mini iPad.
    10-03-13 03:25 PM
    Well, fair enough then. There was one bizarre statement from Steve Jobs years ago about 7 inch tablets (in response to the PlayBook launch or 7" Android tablets). And it beats Heins' "ios is stale" and "tablets will be gone in five years"...

LINK: Jobs: 7" tablets should come with sandpaper, so users can file down their fingers - The Next Web

Here's the relevant section:

"During his talk about Apple’s $20 billion Q4, Apple CEO Steve Jobs just went on a rampage about how he feels that the 7″ competitors to the iPad will be “dead on arrival”.

Saying that the iPad has 35,000 apps, and these other tablet will bascially have none at launch, Jobs went on to say that the 7″ form factor is not a good size for tablet applications and that these tablets are 45% smaller than the iPad. He then said – and we don’t have the exact quote, but this is the gist: these 7″ tablets should come with sandpaper, so that users can file down their fingers so they can use them. Gruesome.

Jobs also said that most tablets will be Android based (this was after he spent 5-10 minutes bashing Android) and that Apple’s competitors “are having a tough time matching the price of the iPad” since Apple had a lot of the process figured out with the iPhone before it launched the iPad."

why it matters? It is all marketing word. Steve Jobs said that because at that time Apple did not sell 7" ipad yet.

What you want him to say? 7" is great and we do not have one for say? 7" ipad has a much lower margin than 10" one, that is why apple did not want that format, but it had no choice when 7" andriod tablet came out.
    10-03-13 03:45 PM
    why it matters? It is all marketing word. Steve Jobs said that because at that time Apple did not sell 7" ipad yet.

What you want him to say? 7" is great and we do not have one for say? 7" ipad has a much lower margin than 10" one, that is why apple did not want that format, but it had no choice when 7" andriod tablet came out.
    I guess you haven't been following this thread? I totally get why he poo pooed 7" tablets at the time, but if you look at the quote, he was wrong on all fronts. So it's not just the head execs at BlackBerry that make misleading statements. That was my point actually.
    10-03-13 04:00 PM
    Agree entirely and Jobs would certainly never have launched the iPad mini. Ultimately, though, Apple's (and Jobs') success excuses or even masks a certain level of arrogance while failure does the opposite by highlighting the same arrogance. Sadly for Heins, his comments about iOS and tablet computers make him sound arrogant, whiney and even silly.
    10-03-13 04:03 PM
    Agree entirely and Jobs would certainly never have launched the iPad mini. Ultimately, though, Apple's (and Jobs') success excuses or even masks a certain level of arrogance while failure does the opposite by highlighting the same arrogance. Sadly for Heins, his comments about iOS and tablet computers make him sound arrogant, whiney and even silly.
    Great line, mind if I use it?

Yeah, BlackBerry's down (and a lot is self-inflicted) so there's a pile on. Human nature. With Apple I'm seeing the same cracks in the armour, beginning with the Maps thing and most recently the reaction to the design choices of iOS 7.

I'm not defending Heins, but I think he was right on both fronts. iOS was suffering from 'sameness' and in mobile that doesn't work so well. You constantly need to freshen things up.

I also think he's right about tablets. With Miracast, Chromecast, Bridge, etc. I totally see tablets fading in a few years. People will carry their phones and link to a nearby larger screen / dumb terminal to mirror their display. Tablets will be redundant in very short order like DVDs and 8 Tracks.
    10-03-13 04:20 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bbry-f3...utions-794697/

I had similar ideas in the this thread. The possible pricing may have been off though, as I would have seen BBM as something that could be monetized, through giving people the ability to encrypt the messages with a personal key.

I still don't understand why BlackBerry didn't try to enhance their SaaS section.
    They have the NOC, and it loses its value minute per minute.
    They have BES and already have shown through BES-X that they are able to provide something for small businesses.
    BlackBerry should have been able to anticipate the need for more services, as this is also part of an ecosystem.

Gmail, Gmaps or YouTube have become so incredibly important and every Android vendor can be sure that their devices will have a perfect integration with "everything Google ".

You have used a perfect example with MS's Office 365, trying to please to smaller sized businesses, or the "prosumer".
    Heck, even adobe started to host their creative suite in the cloud right now.
    It was yet another thing were BlackBerry was too late.

Posted via CB10
    I wonder how Adobe is doing with the Creative Suite... I work in media and love Adobe for when I have to edit - Premiere is better than Final Cut Pro now.

SaaS seems to be a blindspot for BlackBerry. Ironic given that they were one of the first out of the gate to implement that with BIS, no? I keep thinking I'm missing something, but I guess I'm not.
    10-03-13 04:26 PM
113 ... 2345