Found this read today but it sounds highly unlikely. The MS takeover will likely kill this off altogether. Can't see MS sporting an Android line as well.

Nokia's Android phone reportedly leaks online | MobileSyrup.com

"Before making Windows Phone its primary smartphone strategy, Nokia was actively testing out Googles Android OS as a plan B. Several weeks ago there were reports that a team within Nokia had Android up and running on the companys Lumia handsets well before Microsoft and Nokia began negotiating Microsofts $7.2 billion acquisition of Nokias mobile phone and services business.

New evidence of Nokia possibly coming to market with a low-end Android-powered device has surfaced online. According to The Verge, coupled with a November leak by evLeaks, reveals that Normandy might be variant of an Android OS on a Nokia smartphone this would be a customizes version and similar to how Amazons Kindle Fire OS supports Android apps. Apparently Nokia employees are full steam ahead with this project and plans are to release this entry-level Asha device sometime in 2014.

As for the device, the image shows it looking like other Lumia smartphones the company has released in the past, but lacks capacitive buttons and a camera flash. Of course, Normandy may not happen at all as Microsoft just might can the idea when they fully takeover Nokia business."
    12-10-13 10:05 PM
    Only time will tell!
    12-10-13 10:32 PM
    Crazy thought, them running Android, but I suppose stranger things have happened before!
    12-10-13 10:35 PM
    Didn't the bit of Nokia that MS didn't buy sign a non compete agreement?

Very unlikely to be true imo

JBB
    cgk and m1kr0 like this.
    12-11-13 02:38 AM
    Not going to happen for a number of reasons - the main one being this development would be bundled in with the Devices and services division that MS bought so they are never going to release it. The second one is (and I can't be bothered to google for a link before coffee) when the deal was done, Nokia signed a 'do not compete' until 2016 in regards to smartphones - they can sell Asha phones but an Android device (even a fork) would be excluded from that.

Edit: JeepBB - great minds think alike!
    JeepBB, m1kr0 and eldricho like this.
    12-11-13 02:38 AM
    Now that you mention this, it does ring a bell about some exclusivity until 2016. So I guess the reporter has it all mixed up ha ha.
    12-11-13 03:13 AM
    LOL. Jesus.
    12-11-13 03:18 AM
    Not going to happen for a number of reasons - the main one being this development would be bundled in with the Devices and services division that MS bought so they are never going to release it. The second one is (and I can't be bothered to google for a link before coffee) when the deal was done, Nokia signed a 'do not compete' until 2016 in regards to smartphones - they can sell Asha phones but an Android device (even a fork) would be excluded from that.

Edit: JeepBB - great minds think alike!
    Nokia is going to sell Asha to MS too. But I don't think that Nokia want to make any phones in future. It not very profitable business anymore.
    cgk likes this.
    12-11-13 03:33 AM
    Nokia is going to sell Asha to MS too. But I don't think that Nokia want to make any phones in future. It not very profitable business anymore.
    Ah yes, good catch!
    12-11-13 04:17 AM