12-23-13 10:12 AM
129 ... 23456
tools
    Whether it's useless or not is irrelevant to your original comment, which shows you stop at titles and go no further.
    well i use to read macrumours on feedly but realized that they just put up garbage just like most of those tech forums...

Analysts is the most useless job there is, that site is full of them
    12-17-13 06:45 PM
    well i use to read macrumours on feedly but realized that they just put up garbage just like most of those tech forums...

Analysts is the most useless job there is, that site is full of them
    If you read macrumors then you should know their front page articles are:
    1: always behind other news/blog outlets
    2: are comments on links from other sources.

You can slip and slide and move the goal post all you want, but the fact of the matter is your original comment was an off the hip dig that got caught.
    12-17-13 06:47 PM
    If you read macrumors then you should know their front page articles are:
    1: always behind other news/blog outlets
    2: are comments on links from other sources.

You can slip and slide and move the goal post all you want, but the fact of the matter is your original comment was an off the hip dig that got caught.
    I didn't get caught with anything. just wouldn't read anything from macrumours unless it's a patent.
    12-17-13 06:51 PM
    I didn't get caught with anything. just wouldn't read anything from macrumours unless it's a patent.
    You not understanding is why you are bound to stay in the dark.
    You're original misguided attempt to discredit a source proves that point.
    12-17-13 06:57 PM
    You not understanding is why you are bound to stay in the dark.
    You're original misguided attempt to discredit a source proves that point.
    and it's a good source because? explain to me please :P
    12-17-13 07:18 PM
    Last year at CES the buzz in the floor was Apple fatigue. It will be more of the same this January in Vegas. CES always gives an indication to what trends are developing. Apple is getting tired and very predictable. The smartphone market is maturing very fast, and quality will take over i the end it always does.
    To all the BB faithful
    If you have ever wondered about the future of BB in the USA, wonder no further. It is clear from this article that there will be no place for BB and even Android will find it very difficult to make ends meet in the States. Now I don't agree but that's immaterial because I'm not a high powered analyst.

iPhone Market Share Expected to Hit 68% in the United States by 2017 - Mac Rumors

"68% of Americans are expected to own an iPhone when the smartphone market reaches its saturation point in 2017, according to new research done by Asymco analyst Horace Dediu. Citing a parallel between the growth of the smartphone market and the growth of the iPhone over the years, Dediu predicts that both will continue to grow alongside each other as the smartphone market hits a saturation point at 90% in February 2017 with a predicted 180 million U.S. iPhone owners by that time, giving Apple a 68% market share......"

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    12-17-13 09:53 PM
    The key word here is RUMORS!
    MY GOD, MAN!
    You're speculating about 2017 and we haven't cleared 2013 yet!
    Do you actually remember where the mobile market was in 2008?

They say Elvis will return in 2015.
    Let's say we wait and see what that's all about first, then we can plan for jumping off high buildings and mass suicides with our useless BlackBerry's.

But for now..... CHILL!
    and don't believe anything unless you heard it from Oprah or read it in The National Enquirer!

That's just common sense!
    Last edited by Lostboy5151; 12-18-13 at 05:06 AM.
    m1kr0 likes this.
    12-17-13 10:09 PM
    As far as device size goes, I know allot of folks who like the size of the iPhone just the way it is. It fits their hand perfectly and you can easily put it in their pocket or purse.

Most iPhones users like myself like the forum factor of the device in it current state and would be hesitant to change to a larger device, but that's just me.

Sent using the CB app from my iPhone 5
    When using a iPhone 5 for browsing the internet I find the screen too small. Apple like BB uses a "reader" but there no substitute for "text reflow" . Safari needs text reflow badly. If they adopt this innovation it will be called " Apple Flow".
    12-18-13 12:43 AM
    The key word here is RUMORS!
    MY GOD, MAN!
    You're speculating about 2017 and we haven't cleared 2013 yet!
    Do you actually remember where the mobile market was in 2008?

They say Elvis will return in 2015.
    Let's say we wait and see what that's all about before first, then we can plan for jumping off high buildings and mass suicides with our useless BlackBerry's.

But for now..... CHILL!
    and don't believe anything unless you heard it from Oprah or read it in The National Enquirer!
    Thanks for setting me straight on this one. I kept on asking myself all the time how is it possible that clever analysts can predict the future and we, mere mortals were not gifted with that ability - utterly unfair. But I will stop wrecking my brain now, lol. /sarcasm

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    12-18-13 12:45 AM
    1 billion Android activations so far. (several months ago) with last report some 1 million a day being added. Android is definitely winning market share world wide, and by a LARGE margin. Apple, however, makes significantly more money off of their products. WP and BB lag WAY behind, and it will take a long long time for either to catch up.
    The bulk of Android activations is low end devices in developing countries, as well. They are essentially being used as dumb phones. This is why winning marketshare doesn't really matter and why so many manufacturers who bet the farm on Android are having a problem remaining profitable.
    12-18-13 01:08 AM
    The problem for Apple is that google and amazon will ruin the market with at cost phones and make it up on services. People can get newer phones more often for less price and not have to deal with upgrading old iPhones to a newer OS that runs like a dog.
    The market has been flooded with cheap phones and phones that are $0 on contract for years and it hasn't slowed iPhone sales. Hell, Apple's most expensive model iPhone sells better than the cheaper model. "At cost" tablets might work but at phones do not, currently.

This will kill margins on apple, and the first sign of this investors will leave and that will trigger a bigger stock drop and create a downward spiral.
    Unfounded...

If apple goes to another ios version and people need to rebuy all their apps, they'll have reason to look at android.
    Apple would never do that. Only ill-managed companies like BB and Palm would shoot themselves in the foot to that degree.
    12-18-13 01:11 AM
    That's my point. When they eventually need to redo their iOS instead of updating current iOS and new purchases are needed, you'll have less incentive to remain iOS user. Both android and apple will have to redo their whole OS at some point, just they'll learn from BlackBerry and have the replacement in development much sooner/longer.
    Apple doesn't need to learn anything at all form BB. They are already vastly more experienced at moving customers seamlessly from one platform to another (68000 >PowerPC > Intel, Mac OS > OS X, Classic > Carbon > Cocoa, along with Rosetta, etc... and the move from 32 to 64 bit on iOS devices currently) and have always been great at backwards compatibility where it REALLY counts. They are also great at inspiring developers to support different form-factors (iPhone/iPod > iPad).

Should the time ever come that they need a rewrite of iOS (which is a long time away) Apple is probably already prepared.
    sentimentGX4 likes this.
    12-18-13 01:19 AM
    You haven't shown the core OS performance is stretched.
    Oh? My point was what was fast on yesteryears ios 6 is much slower on ios 7.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-13 01:22 AM
    I don't. I just think they are reaching point that iOS is getting dated. My nephews showed me the performance difference of their various devices on ios 7, from fast to dead slow.
    What you're saying doesn't make any sense. iOS 7 runs just fine on current devices... it may run slower on outdated devices but that is NOT unique to iOS or Apple. Additionally, Apple doesn't support ancient devices for very long, there is a constant turnover of about 4 years, give or take.

I'm in a quality assurance background, and good QA is expensive. More devices and os's to support has its limits.
    How does this apply to Apple? They have a vastly smaller array of devices to support than virtually any other manufacturer in the markets where Apple is involved.
    12-18-13 01:26 AM
    Apple doesn't need to learn anything at all form BB. They are already vastly more experienced at moving customers seamlessly from one platform to another (68000 >PowerPC > Intel, Mac OS > OS X, Classic > Carbon > Cocoa, along with Rosetta, etc... and the move from 32 to 64 bit on iOS devices currently) and have always been great at backwards compatibility where it REALLY counts. They are also great at inspiring developers to support different form-factors (iPhone/iPod > iPad).

Should the time ever come that they need a rewrite of iOS (which is a long time away) Apple is probably already prepared.
    Oh? Of how many millions moved with them with the niche products? Single digit millions? How many ios users now, like 10 times that or more.
    It's much harder for pc with much higher user count and many more apps and services. That is ios's problem when you get so big.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-13 01:31 AM
    Oh? My point was what was fast on yesteryears ios 6 is much slower on ios 7.

Posted via CB10
    I'll respond to your anecdotal evidence with my own - my iPhone 5 is just as fast, if not faster, than it was on iOS 6. What is your real point again?
    12-18-13 01:34 AM
    What you're saying doesn't make any sense. iOS 7 runs just fine on current devices... it may run slower on outdated devices but that is NOT unique to iOS or Apple. Additionally, Apple doesn't support ancient devices for very long, there is a constant turnover of about 4 years, give or take.

How does this apply to Apple? They have a vastly smaller array of devices to support than virtually any other manufacturer in the markets where Apple is involved.
    I was asked to talk android and apple. That is geared towards android.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-13 01:34 AM
    Oh? Of how many millions moved with them with the niche products? Single digit millions? How many ios users now, like 10 times that or more.
    It's much harder for pc with much higher user count and many more apps and services. That is ios's problem when you get so big.
    No, it really isn't... the upgrade from iOS 6 to iOS 7 was the fast upgrade among consumer operating system in the history of ALL computing and, as someone who is directly responsible for providing support to end users, I can tell you there were very little issues in context.

Additionally even when it comes to OS X, where the upgrades must be done in a much more volatile environment with no walled app garden and a vastly larger number of differing models to support, Apple is capable of providing MAJOR releases via a simple self-installing download installer.

Apple has these issues covered and is used to doing it with millions upon millions of users.
    12-18-13 01:39 AM
    I'll respond to your anecdotal evidence with my own - my iPhone 5 is just as fast, if not faster, than it was on iOS 6. What is your real point again?
    That its getting harder to support devices that long. Whether it's ipod losing OS upgrade within two years as happened to my nephews, or phones that are able to get the latest OS runs like a dog. They will need to drop length of support to just the very most current devices. This will hurt the resale market.

Same goes for android. The xt860 (droid3) was sold to our work being told it would upgrade to 4.x. They couldn't due to performance reasons. It?s got a fast processor for the time.

Same for playbook and bb10.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-13 01:42 AM
    No, it really isn't... the upgrade from iOS 6 to iOS 7 was the fast upgrade among consumer operating system in the history of ALL computing and, as someone who is directly responsible for providing support to end users, I can tell you there were very little issues in context.

Additionally even when it comes to OS X, where the upgrades must be done in a much more volatile environment with no walled app garden and a vastly larger number of differing models to support, Apple is capable of providing MAJOR releases via a simple self-installing download installer.

Apple has these issues covered and is used to doing it with millions upon millions of users.
    You have a current model. Test speed on the oldest supported device to see my point. My nephews are apple up to wazoo but pissed about the slowness for their devices they received last Christmas. F#!# buying a new ipod every Christmas for a game and music player.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-13 01:45 AM
    What do people mean "no space"? Is there a Maximum Occupancy or something? There will always be "space" for BlackBerry, though the space BlackBerry takes up will probably be small.

I'll be there though, hanging out in whatever space BlackBerry has to offer me
    12-18-13 01:55 AM
    That its getting harder to support devices that long. Whether it's ipod losing OS upgrade within two years as happened to my nephews, or phones that are able to get the latest OS runs like a dog. They will need to drop length of support to just the very most current devices. This will hurt the resale market.
    No, I think you are misguided by anecdotal evidence again. With EVERY single release of OS X and iOS it has run better on some older hardware than on others. This has been true for the entire history of computing. Some low spec'ed iPod's can't run it yet some older iPads can. It happens and those older devices will eventually be dropped, just as older devices always are.

Same goes for android. The xt860 (droid3) was sold to our work being told it would upgrade to 4.x. They couldn't due to performance reasons. It?s got a fast processor for the time.
    Android marketshare is a disaster of fragmentation. It has been horrible from day one and is unlikely to be fixed any time soon.

Same for playbook and bb10.
    That isn't even in the same ballpark. When Apple states that an upcoming OS will run on specific hardware then it runs on them (See initial release of OS X on the Power Mac G3 (Beige) models, for example).
    12-18-13 01:56 AM
    You have a current model. Test speed on the oldest supported device to see my point. My nephews are apple up to wazoo but pissed about the slowness for their devices they received last Christmas. F#!# buying a new ipod every Christmas for a game and music player.
    Uhhh, no, my iPhone is a discontinued model and was purchased in 2012 yet it still runs great. Once again, your anecdotal evidence of a low spec'ed device that's been discontinued doesn't even qualify as a valid data point. Your point STILL makes no sense. People complained the oldest supported devices ran like crap under iOS 6 too, you know. lol The vast majority of upgrades are doing just fine on iOS 7. If there were problems then nearly 80% of iOS devices wouldn't be running it.
    12-18-13 02:00 AM
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah hahahahahahahaahahahahhaahahahahahahahhah

nope
    12-18-13 02:11 AM
    That's unlikely, Android seems to be getting more popular in the states. Analyst are very short sighted and in most cases they state their own biased view based on hidden affiliations. At this point, iPhones have really started looking stale and I think the only reason this garbage still gets any attention is because of media bias and Americans sheep like mentality which takes time to follow any new trend.
    bspence87 likes this.
    12-18-13 02:25 AM
129 ... 23456