12-23-13 09:12 AM
129 12345 ...
tools
    68% iPhone share in USA is actually completely unbelievable. Rubbish article.
    I don't know why everyone is so blindly dismissing the article. iPhone has already ~50% US market share. In countries like Japan, its market share is even higher at >60%.

In affluent countries, the trend for iPhone is certainly not downward so the article's prediction is plausible. Android is gaining market share but only from the deluge of developing world users.
    12-17-13 02:14 PM
    the higher they are, the harder they will fall

just look at BlackBerry.

Android is going to take over the market. Until companies stop using BlackBerry, BBY will still be around.
    12-17-13 02:40 PM
    I've had some apps since the App Store launched and I haven't had to repay for any of them due to there being a new iOS version.
    That's my point. When they eventually need to redo their iOS instead of updating current iOS and new purchases are needed, you'll have less incentive to remain iOS user. Both android and apple will have to redo their whole OS at some point, just they'll learn from BlackBerry and have the replacement in development much sooner/longer.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-13 02:48 PM
    That's my point. When they eventually need to redo their iOS instead of updating current iOS and new purchases are needed, you'll have less incentive to remain iOS user. Both android and apple will have to redo their whole OS at some point, just they'll learn from BlackBerry and have the replacement in development much sooner/longer.

Posted via CB10
    How do you know they wont make an easy upgrade path for developers to make the transition? No one is charging for the iOS7 redesign of apps AFAIK.

Apple specializes in user experience. Easy transitions to the next big thing is part of that. They want to keep people locked in.
    12-17-13 03:00 PM
    Bcz iSheep only like to hear and say good about Apple, they never accept that apple also have some disadvantage just like other company.
    See post 30. Nothing has changed.
    12-17-13 03:13 PM

Posted via CB10
    Why will they have to redo their whole OS?
    If they do redo their whole os, what make you think there won't be some mechanism to allow older apps to run?
    12-17-13 03:16 PM
    Mac rumours, you have some good sources there sir..

Posted via CB10
    You shouldn't let titles be a stumbling block.
    The source is from here:
    From Asymco: How many Americans will be using an iPhone when the US smartphone market saturates?
    Learn to click through. That's what the left mouse button if for.
    12-17-13 03:20 PM
    How do you know they wont make an easy upgrade path for developers to make the transition? No one is charging for the iOS7 redesign of apps AFAIK.

Apple specializes in user experience. Easy transitions to the next big thing is part of that. They want to keep people locked in.
    It costs money to develop apps and services.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-13 03:22 PM
    Why will they have to redo their whole OS?
    If they do redo their whole os, what make you think there won't be some mechanism to allow older apps to run?
    I don't. I just think they are reaching point that iOS is getting dated. My nephews showed me the performance difference of their various devices on ios 7, from fast to dead slow.

I'm in a quality assurance background, and good QA is expensive. More devices and os's to support has its limits.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-13 03:27 PM
    Android Hits 1B Total Activations And Names Next Verison Kit Kat

1 billion Android activations so far. (several months ago) with last report some 1 million a day being added. Android is definitely winning market share world wide, and by a LARGE margin. Apple, however, makes significantly more money off of their products. WP and BB lag WAY behind, and it will take a long long time for either to catch up.
    Yes, well aware of android activations:
    Eric Schmidt: Google now at 1.5 million Android activations per day
    Android market share is winning by a large market share? So what?
    Apple Can Ignore Android Market Share Stats All The Way To The Bank
    12-17-13 03:32 PM
    I don't. I just think they are reaching point that iOS is getting dated. My nephews showed me the performance difference of their various devices on ios 7, from fast to dead slow.

I'm in a quality assurance background, and good QA is expensive. More devices and os's to support has its limits.

Posted via CB10
    Sorry, what you think is not relevant. Data points showing why Apple needs to scrape the OS, the underlying core operating system, and go with a totally new core OS is required.
    If you don't have those data points than you have nothing.
    Your nephews are not data points.
    The are what you call anecdotal experience.

Plus this is the internet, people can and do say anything.
    12-17-13 03:37 PM
    It costs money to develop apps and services.
    Yes Blackberry has shown that.
    Unlike Blackberry, Apple has the money.
    12-17-13 03:38 PM
    My prediction for 2017 (maybe not for US but for other countries) not with % but positions

1. Android
    2. WP
    3. iPhone
    4. Blackberry

This is actually the trend I see, in the visits of the webpages I am webmaster, the distribution on the shelves at the carriers and distributor stores, in the flyers I get with promotions, slowly iPhone losing market to Android, WP growing at a steady pace, Blackberry still going down slower than before but keeps going down.

I don't know in the US but in my country nobody seems to look for iPhone anymore, Android is all that it is with WP making a slow entrance with some Lumias you get to see more often every day around.
    Nah. Exchange BlackBerry and Iphones position.

From Zuri my Z10.
    12-17-13 03:43 PM
    When speaking about volume of devices sold (useless metric other than for "market share" comparison), the more the better. That is like saying how many OEMs sell Windows. Dozens, or more. Still counts in market share figures.
    This is another surprising statement. The more the better for who? The market share is made up of many different manufacturers.
    Here's a list:
    Android Handsets

Anyone know how well the SKY VEGA Racer2 is doing? How about the MEDIAS ES (N-05D)? Anyone purchase a 104SH recently?
    How well did the HTC Wildfire S sell?

Market share for Android weighed against what individual handset manufacturers are making on each device is a consideration never taken into account.
    12-17-13 03:51 PM
    You know back in the day, analysts we're quoted as saying "The launch of the iPhone will not have any significant impact on BlackBerrys business" ... Analysts arent all knowning by any means, not back then, not now. There is certainly compelling data to look at in the article, but its hardly a roadmap of the future. Educated guess.
    knownastron likes this.
    12-17-13 03:56 PM
    Yes Blackberry has shown that.
    Unlike Blackberry, Apple has the money.
    My bad. I'm referring to small and medium sized companies and developers, not Apple.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-13 04:25 PM
    Sorry, what you think is not relevant. Data points showing why Apple needs to scrape the OS, the underlying core operating system, and go with a totally new core OS is required.
    If you don't have those data points than you have nothing.
    Your nephews are not data points.
    The are what you call anecdotal experience.

Plus this is the internet, people can and do say anything.
    I'm on crappy internet on vacation so I won't go into it, but multitasking primarily, gestures, etc. Additionally, opinion from experience. Just search for ios limitations.

Plus this isn't a technical thread.

5 second Google search found this http://mostly-tech.com/2012/09/30/3219/

Posted via CB10
    12-17-13 04:27 PM
    By the same math, 200% of Americans will have an iPhone by 2025, and approximately 27500% will by year 3000.
    Math is always fun. Or should I say extrapolation to be more accurate? Nah.

Posted from my BlackBerry Z10
    12-17-13 04:29 PM
    I'm on crappy internet on vacation so I won't go into it, but multitasking primarily, gestures, etc. Additionally, opinion from experience. Just search for ios limitations.

Plus this isn't a technical thread.

5 second Google search found this Android 4.4′s Advantages Over iOS 7 | Mostly-Tech

Posted via CB10
    None of that supports your claim, highlighted in bold. However do enjoy your vacation.
    12-17-13 04:32 PM
    Another opinion. BlackBerry got behind because they thought they understand things better than customer and could dictate that to customers (but can't) . That is how I feel about apple, post Jobs. Apple is fairly far behind in terms of usb, hdmi, miracast, screen options, etc. They have ease of use and ecosystem, but I don?t think of much else. They really are losing global market share and will only lose their ability to go proprietary in the upcoming years.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-13 04:33 PM
    None of that supports your claim, highlighted in bold. However do enjoy your vacation.
    Ever hear of a kludge? That is my salient point. They have to figure out how to get these when performance is already stretched.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-13 04:38 PM
    As for android, my opinion is the slow java and the fact that there is too many cooks in the kitchen, so also kludges.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-13 04:41 PM
    You shouldn't let titles be a stumbling block.
    The source is from here:
    From Asymco: How many Americans will be using an iPhone when the US smartphone market saturates?
    Learn to click through. That's what the left mouse button if for.
    still a useless link... predictions are nothing lol

we all thought the world was going to end in 2012...
    12-17-13 05:23 PM
    still a useless link... predictions are nothing lol

we all thought the world was going to end in 2012...
    Whether it's useless or not is irrelevant to your original comment, which shows you stop at titles and go no further.
    12-17-13 05:42 PM
    Ever hear of a kludge? That is my salient point. They have to figure out how to get these when performance is already stretched.

Posted via CB10
    You haven't shown the core OS performance is stretched.
    12-17-13 05:44 PM
129 12345 ...