12-23-13 10:12 AM
129 1234 ...
tools
    Doesnt surprise me as every where I go I see the majority of ppl using iPhone's. After iPhone's it's Android running on a Samsung Galaxy S3 /S4. After that it's BlackBerries tied between the bold 9900 devices and one of the new BB 10 devices.
    Honestly I used to see a lot of iPhones, but now android s4/s3 mainly, but android is definitely on the rise, especially among colleges, I more see mature older folks with z10s and q10's tho, I'll even go as far as to say I see at least 1 bb10 device a day

CLICK HERE To Join My Music & Poetry Channel. Please&Thanks.
    12-17-13 01:18 AM
    I m from Canada and I feel the article is just nonsense written by a paid apple journalist. all non apple device can light up Cupertino for months and it will take years for apple to produce them.

I can say same for disappointed apple user they move to other platform because they bored with same phone since 2007. My Z10 is not "just work" working perfect since I bought it not a singe issue. I have 10 email account all in total and iphone " just can't handle it" I was manually refreshing all account on my one and only apple device (iphone 4).

for warranty BB is best, call your carrier they will send you new device before any formalities.

Apple ecosystem is good for rip-off. You will be out of that ecosystem if you don't follow their protocol, in other word you are not buying apple product you just leasing them with full price. (sorry no monthly payments). most iTunes paid game and apps are free on google ecosystem and you can even use them on non android device like blackberry this is call "open source" ecosystem. if you don't know what is "open source" then sorry my friend you need google's help.

for build quality I think you never seen any non apple device ( I don't know what band is your TV & refrigerator. ), please go and check HTC One, Sony Z1, Nokia 1020 and BB Q10.

I think this is enough for you to realize that you are an iSheep.
    Just wanted to say this is a whole load of rubbish.

This sounds like typical biased BlackBerry hate, but against Apple instead. You had some legitimacy until you decided to hate on Apple's build quality and warranty.

Posted via CB10
    look_alive likes this.
    12-17-13 01:30 AM
    wonder how much apple paid to plant this article??? subliminal advertising??? people are already apple-weary & droid has them beat by a pretty good share right now...
    Forbes 10-29-13 - Apple Can Ignore Android Market Share Stats All The Way To The Bank
    Why an 80% market share might only represent half of smartphone users
    avt123 likes this.
    12-17-13 04:40 AM
    snip... all non apple device can light up Cupertino for months and it will take years for apple to produce them. ...
    Apple can light up Cupertino just fine on its own:
    Apple has now sold 600 million iOS devices
    No space for BlackBerry in the USA by 2017-applewwdc2013-0152-1370888419.jpg
    Why was this necessary?
    avt123 and bekkay like this.
    12-17-13 05:12 AM

This sounds like typical biased BlackBerry hate, but against Apple instead. You had some legitimacy until you decided to hate on Apple's build quality and warranty.

Posted via CB10
    The legitimacy ended in the first and last sentences:
    I m from Canada and I feel the article is just nonsense written by a paid apple journalist. ...
    Everything written in between reinforces it.
    avt123 and look_alive like this.
    12-17-13 05:20 AM
    Horace Dediu is a well-known independent analyst/blogger who follows the mobile market with a particular focus on Apple, though he also looks at business behaviors in other industries as well. He has an interesting bio (engineer and MBA). He was a market analyst at Nokia following RIM, whom Nokia considered their biggest threat, when he noticed Apple. He tried raising the flag but Nokia was really slow to respond.

He is known for his charts and analyses based on whatever public data he can collect. He isn't a typical analyst linked to financials and people should really read his article before jumping to conclusions. Do I agree with him about iPhone at that % of the US market at saturation? I am skeptical because I don't know if his assumptions are accurate enough. You can see the others swing madly.

Nonetheless, his data is persuasive and substantial: over 4 years, collected monthly, same source. Ignoring any outrage over exclusion of any particular platform, his argument that only Apple tracks the predicted purchasing behavior of the market as a whole for 4 years is interesting. If the reasoning is that the phone satisfies enduring requirements, that may partly explain why its phones have consistently sold and is not due to being "cool". The one I would like to also see in the next months is WP because it is improving. If it also stabilizes and follows a similar trajectory it can mean it has engaged the public beyond gimmickry, which would be excellent news for MS/Nokia. Also of interest is whether Android stabilizes.

As for BBRY, however unpalatable I think it's clear the news really isn't good. Note that's a log scale on which BBRY is plummeting. Tables of numbers are useful (3mill a quarter, 4mill, etc) but there are times when you can't beat visual impact of graphs. They are also helpfully for putting results in relative perspective. Nokia is the other big gun to suffer and it never had as big a presence in the US to start with (of course huge globally). It ended up being taken over (again, just talking mobile division here) and over a year afterwards to start showing improvement. That magnitude of redirection is facing BBRY, I think.

TL,DR: Even with a really drastic change BBRY has a very tough road ahead, that is the real takeaway people should have from this graph. Oh, and that Android was a monster; really, the slope of the line is incredible!
    look_alive and ccbs like this.
    12-17-13 09:35 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	applewwdc2013-0152-1370888419.jpg 
Views:	946 
Size:	46.9 KB 
ID:	230776

Why was this necessary?
    And how many are still in use as a phone? It's great to sell that many over the years but a lot of them are sitting doing nothing. I bet bbry has sold close to that also over the years.
    12-17-13 09:47 AM
    And how many are still in use as a phone? It's great to sell that many over the years but a lot of them are sitting doing nothing. I bet bbry has sold close to that also over the years.
    Your speculation and your bet means very little. It's all in your mind.
    You claimed it so provide the data points to substantiate.
    Otherwise go away.
    12-17-13 10:11 AM

Posted via CB10
    That's what iSheep do all the time for other platforms , this is just reply to those. I never said that apple has bad warranty or build quality. I just pointed out other good options.
    12-17-13 01:03 PM

Why was this necessary?
    Bcz iSheep only like to hear and say good about Apple, they never accept that apple also have some disadvantage just like other company.
    12-17-13 01:08 PM
    To all the BB faithful
    If you have ever wondered about the future of BB in the USA, wonder no further. It is clear from this article that there will be no place for BB and even Android will find it very difficult to make ends meet in the States. Now I don't agree but that's immaterial because I'm not a high powered analyst.

iPhone Market Share Expected to Hit 68% in the United States by 2017 - Mac Rumors

"68% of Americans are expected to own an iPhone when the smartphone market reaches its saturation point in 2017, according to new research done by Asymco analyst Horace Dediu. Citing a parallel between the growth of the smartphone market and the growth of the iPhone over the years, Dediu predicts that both will continue to grow alongside each other as the smartphone market hits a saturation point at 90% in February 2017 with a predicted 180 million U.S. iPhone owners by that time, giving Apple a 68% market share......"

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    Mac rumours, you have some good sources there sir..

Posted via CB10
    Karan Mohal likes this.
    12-17-13 01:11 PM
    That's what iSheep do all the time for other platforms , this is just reply to those. I never said that apple has bad warranty or build quality. I just pointed out other good options.
    There are no "iSheep" here so you're just arguing with yourself.

Let's not "reply" to these imaginary Apple lovers here. Let's talk about the legitimacy of the phones free of bias and with thought-out posts.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-13 01:13 PM
    I don't think BlackBerry has anything remotely close to that. iOS devices include iPods and iPads as well. BlackBerry only sells smartphones and use to have a tablet that barely sold. This is all speculation, they very well might have it, but if you remember correctly the smartphone boom really didn't start till the mid 2000s. Here is a earnings report from 2008.

Research In Motion Reports First Quarter Results  - Press Releases

2.3 million new subscribers and 5.4million total devices.

Sample from 2009

Research In Motion Reports Fourth Quarter and Year-End Results for Fiscal 2009 - Press Releases

7.8million devices for one quarter.

In 2011 they had 52.3 million SHIPMENTS

RIM reports Q4 earnings; revenue misses estimates despite record shipments | BGR

At this point, Apple probably sells more iOS devices each quarter than BlackBerrys sells BlackBerrys (all devices and models) in an entire year.

Last quarter 33.8 million iPhones, 14.1 million iPads and unfortunately it doesn't list iPods.

Apple - Press Info - Apple Reports Fourth Quarter Results

RIM never sold that many devices, but the market also wasn't as large as it is now.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    12-17-13 01:31 PM

Why was this necessary?
    Android Hits 1B Total Activations And Names Next Verison Kit Kat

1 billion Android activations so far. (several months ago) with last report some 1 million a day being added. Android is definitely winning market share world wide, and by a LARGE margin. Apple, however, makes significantly more money off of their products. WP and BB lag WAY behind, and it will take a long long time for either to catch up.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    12-17-13 01:32 PM
    Android Hits 1B Total Activations And Names Next Verison Kit Kat

1 billion Android activations so far. (several months ago) with last report some 1 million a day being added. Android is definitely winning market share world wide, and by a LARGE margin. Apple, however, makes significantly more money off of their products. WP and BB lag WAY behind, and it will take a long long time for either to catch up.
    The difference with android and apple is that only apple sells iOS devices. How many OEMs sell android devices ? Too many.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1803
    12-17-13 01:50 PM
    The difference with android and apple is that only apple sells iOS devices. How many OEMs sell android devices ? Too many.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1803
    When speaking about volume of devices sold (useless metric other than for "market share" comparison), the more the better. That is like saying how many OEMs sell Windows. Dozens, or more. Still counts in market share figures.
    avt123, kbz1960 and bekkay like this.
    12-17-13 01:51 PM
    Personally I buy a device based on its functionality and product support myself. I bought my first "smartphone" way back in 2006 and it was a Blackberry on Nextel USA and it served me well. I traveled the world and it never let me down. At that time I was using the Blackberry email service with outlook and made sure I did my BB sync to PC functions on a regular basis.

Then I decided to change my email provider to GMail and at that time, GMail and Blackberry did not get along, period. I ended up going to a Google Nexus One which was the top of the line Google Android device at that time which I still say is the best of the Nexus phone line and was built like a tank by HTC. After a while the phone just did not have enough memory to support the apps I using on a daily basis.

Then I decided to try the iPhone and IOS which turned out to be a love hate relationship for the first year I was using the device as my daily driver. Apple finally fixed the GMail interface and honestly ended up liking the GMail interface on my iPhone better then the one I had on my Nexus One. Just my personal preference and ended up staying with IOS for a long time until the BB Z10 was launched earlier this year.

I bought the z10 the day it was launched on T-Mobile USA and was excited to have the newest BB device with a brand new OS, cool. Well, after going through four, yes four devices inside of a month and a half because of the restart issues. Fighting software bugs and watching both the carriers and Blackberry point the finger at one another, enough is enough. I don't care about it being a new OS, they had two years to get it right my BB faithful, two dam years. I decided to go back to IOS and I am here to stay until maybe the 10.2.1 version is officially released here, if it ever happens.

Yes I still have a z10 and no I am can't install the leaks because I use a Mac and the process does not work on Mac OS. I should not have to install leaks because of an update that I am owed and this is a Blackberry issue, don't blame the carriers folks. Blackberry should have known about this issue when they signed their agreements with the carriers here and they are the ones that should be held accountable. T-Mobile didn't build the dam device or design the software to run it, Blackberry did. Plain and simple.

So my z10, which I do miss the nice features like the Hub, Peek and the gestures is going to sit in the drawer until the time the 10.2.1 update is released here on T-Mobile USA. If this makes me an iSheep or what ever name you want to call me for stating my opinion, then so be it. I supported Blackberry long before some of you so called BB faithful knew what the hell a smartphone was and I have earned my right to say whats on my mind.

Last but not least, there are a hell allot of folks in the USA who feel just like I do and until Blackberry can rebuild their image and customer base here again, things are going to only get worse.
    Last edited by bakron1; 12-17-13 at 02:13 PM.
    12-17-13 01:58 PM
    The problem for Apple is that google and amazon will ruin the market with at cost phones and make it up on services. People can get newer phones more often for less price and not have to deal with upgrading old iPhones to a newer OS that runs like a dog.

This will kill margins on apple, and the first sign of this investors will leave and that will trigger a bigger stock drop and create a downward spiral.

If apple goes to another ios version and people need to rebuy all their apps, they'll have reason to look at android.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-13 02:02 PM
    Your speculation and your bet means very little. It's all in your mind.
    You claimed it so provide the data points to substantiate.
    Otherwise go away.
    Sorry sin sin ill go away when I feel like it. Yes it's speculation and are you saying every one of those iOS devices are still in use? I think not.
    12-17-13 02:03 PM
    The problem for Apple is that google and amazon will ruin the market with at cost phones and make it up on services. People can get newer phones more often for less price and not have to deal with upgrading old iPhones to a newer OS that runs like a dog.

This will kill margins on apple, and the first sign of this investors will leave and that will trigger a bigger stock drop and create a downward spiral.

If apple goes to another ios version and people need to rebuy all their apps, they'll have reason to look at android.

Posted via CB10
    I've had some apps since the App Store launched and I haven't had to repay for any of them due to there being a new iOS version.
    look_alive likes this.
    12-17-13 02:16 PM
    Sorry sin sin ill go away when I feel like it. Yes it's speculation and are you saying every one of those iOS devices are still in use? I think not.
    Are ALL of them in use? Heck, no. Are A LOT of them still in use? You betcha. The resale/used market for iPhones is HUGE, and far outweighs any of the other phones.

A Booming Market for Used iPhones - Businessweek
    12-17-13 02:43 PM
    The title is no room in the USA, then they post about 600 million idevices. I guess everyone has at least 2 idevices already so apple has already corned the market and there is no room for even androids.
    12-17-13 02:53 PM
    Are ALL of them in use? Heck, no. Are A LOT of them still in use? You betcha. The resale/used market for iPhones is HUGE, and far outweighs any of the other phones.

A Booming Market for Used iPhones - Businessweek
    Good for them. Is this helping them push every other mfg into bankruptcy in the USA?
    12-17-13 02:55 PM
    Horace Dediu is a well-known independent analyst/blogger who follows the mobile market with a particular focus on Apple, though he also looks at business behaviors in other industries as well. He has an interesting bio (engineer and MBA). He was a market analyst at Nokia following RIM, whom Nokia considered their biggest threat, when he noticed Apple. He tried raising the flag but Nokia was really slow to respond.

He is known for his charts and analyses based on whatever public data he can collect. He isn't a typical analyst linked to financials and people should really read his article before jumping to conclusions. Do I agree with him about iPhone at that % of the US market at saturation? I am skeptical because I don't know if his assumptions are accurate enough. You can see the others swing madly.

Nonetheless, his data is persuasive and substantial: over 4 years, collected monthly, same source. Ignoring any outrage over exclusion of any particular platform, his argument that only Apple tracks the predicted purchasing behavior of the market as a whole for 4 years is interesting. If the reasoning is that the phone satisfies enduring requirements, that may partly explain why its phones have consistently sold and is not due to being "cool". The one I would like to also see in the next months is WP because it is improving. If it also stabilizes and follows a similar trajectory it can mean it has engaged the public beyond gimmickry, which would be excellent news for MS/Nokia. Also of interest is whether Android stabilizes.

As for BBRY, however unpalatable I think it's clear the news really isn't good. Note that's a log scale on which BBRY is plummeting. Tables of numbers are useful (3mill a quarter, 4mill, etc) but there are times when you can't beat visual impact of graphs. They are also helpfully for putting results in relative perspective. Nokia is the other big gun to suffer and it never had as big a presence in the US to start with (of course huge globally). It ended up being taken over (again, just talking mobile division here) and over a year afterwards to start showing improvement. That magnitude of redirection is facing BBRY, I think.

TL,DR: Even with a really drastic change BBRY has a very tough road ahead, that is the real takeaway people should have from this graph. Oh, and that Android was a monster; really, the slope of the line is incredible!
    I have followed Asymco and his extensive use of public data for his charts and analyses for a while. Love it or hate it, his prediction on BBRY since last couple years was and still is exactly on the point.
    12-17-13 03:02 PM
    I thought the world was gonna end in 2013 too? ( or was it 2012)

Posted via CB10
    12-17-13 03:07 PM
129 1234 ...