I had bought the Z10 on Launch and had been waiting for a premium BB10 all Touch after the Z30 but that never happened.

However my Z10 was stolen and picked up a used passport hoping for an all touch premium BB Android following the Priv but here came the DTEK 50...

Just saw the launch of the Note 7 and it looks like decent choice, as well some maybe gimmicky security tools like locking your files with an eye scanner and something similar to DETEK called KNOX (didn't BlackBerry help with this?)

What you guys think of the Note 7 is this a great alternative to a BlackBerry?

Cheers!

Posted via CB10
    08-04-16 01:20 PM
    BB phones are now Android. So your choice here is basically which hardware to buy and what software features do you want most.
    One thing for sure, you know for a fact that Samsung will continue to support and produce android based phones for a long time.
    can't say the same about BB, everything they made in the last few years have been met with end of life products, like the playbook and BB10 devices, whats next? the Priv and the Dtek will be discontinued due to a shift in BB's direction.
    Just saying.
    Q10Bold, Gerii and jegs2 like this.
    08-04-16 03:00 PM
    What about grabbing a PRIV and just never sliding the keyboard out?
    08-04-16 03:15 PM
    I was going to consider that option, however the Note 7 appears to have slightly better front facing camera, processor, battery, glass, USB C (future proof) for almost the same price as a Priv here in Canada. I believe Samsung is also giving you a 256 GB SD card along with the phone for a limited time.

Kinda why it looks like a decent choice. I bought the Priv at Launch for my mom so I have had a chance to get familiar with it... the hub is pretty sweet so many neat features to it that we don't get on the BlackBerry 10 OS .

Posted via CB10
    08-04-16 03:29 PM
    I was going to consider that option, however the Note 7 appears to have slightly better front facing camera, processor, battery, glass, USB C (future proof) for almost the same price as a Priv here in Canada. I believe Samsung is also giving you a 256 GB SD card along with the phone for a limited time.

Kinda why it looks like a decent choice. I bought the Priv at Launch for my mom so I have had a chance to get familiar with it... the hub is pretty sweet so many neat features to it that we don't get on the BlackBerry 10 OS .

Posted via CB10
    If the BlackBerry "security" features and the BlackBerry Apps (as they are on a BlackBerry vs on non-BlackBerry) aren't of much importance to you.

Yes if you can get the NOTE 7 for around the same price... it's a much better hardware set.

But on secuirty, out of box, the PRIV has it beat... if that level of security matters to you. Me I'd rather have a phone that I could root, if I chose to.
    08-04-16 04:00 PM
    I've had several generations of Notes, but I skipped the 5 because it lacked an SD card and removable battery. I stopped at Note 4 and decided to wait for Samsung to return to its senses. I had high hopes for the Note 7 but it disappoints a little.

The 7 has the same screen as my Note 4, and a smaller battery than the S7 Edge. I think the key features are water resistance and the zero bezel. Some of the Note features are gimmicky, but most of them are pretty neat. The ability to write on the screen when it is off (which was also pushed to my Note 4 with Marshmallow) is an amazingly useful feature, and I almost never use the pen.

And if you are concerned about specs BlackBerry will almost always lose.

I was disappointed that the Note 7 had a smaller battery and it is not clear yet to me whether the SD card can be used as expanded internal memory. I was also disappointed in the failure to bump the RAM (4gb) over the previous model, especially when the firm speculation was that is would have 6. Finally,. Samsung couldn't get Android N? Really?!

There is no comparison in security of the devices. A Note is a window to your mind. If that doesn't concern you, I'd suggest a Note 7 edge unless you use the pen. There is really nothing better.

Ride or die: 
    08-05-16 01:28 AM
    Definitely Note 7 and install BlackBerry apps
    KOMO likes this.
    08-05-16 01:44 AM
    I had bought the Z10 on Launch and had been waiting for a premium BB10 all Touch after the Z30 but that never happened.

However my Z10 was stolen and picked up a used passport hoping for an all touch premium BB Android following the Priv but here came the DTEK 50...

Just saw the launch of the Note 7 and it looks like decent choice, as well some maybe gimmicky security tools like locking your files with an eye scanner and something similar to DETEK called KNOX (didn't BlackBerry help with this?)

What you guys think of the Note 7 is this a great alternative to a BlackBerry?

Cheers!

Posted via CB10
    Or you can wait it out and get a BlackBerry Argon in October? And by then if you're it impressed your can get a Note 7 at a discounted rate!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-05-16 07:12 AM
    Yeah the specs are not bad at all for the Argon and could have some other features hidden under the hood!

Like I said the BlackBerry Hub on Android is an underrated tool and would be nice to have it built in rather subscribing to it.

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    08-05-16 11:25 AM
    Or you can wait it out and get a BlackBerry Argon in October? And by then if you're it impressed your can get a Note 7 at a discounted rate!

Indeed. Swappa is your friend.

Another thing I don't like about Note 7 is that is is rounded on both sides (screen and back) so, pulling it out of my pocket I can't tell which side is which by feel unless I seek the camera bump. The edge to edge screen is nice but I've already run into problems holding phones with no bezel with one hand and trying to poke it with the other. ... sometimes I am unknowingly controlling the screen with the holding hand. I notice that when reviewers hold and manipulate it they basically trust gravity to keep it in an awkwardly open palm. Not a secure grip for a phone. This may also limit protective case options.

I have tons of usb chargers. I have zero USB C chargers. I guess that's just the future. Sigh.

Finally, I buy phones outright and generally on sale so the 850 price is a heart stopper.

Ride or die: 
    08-05-16 12:26 PM
    Wait for argon.

08-12-16 05:04 PM
    What can be premium about all touch? Serious question.
    How do you determine premium

A) Metal casing
    B) Price
    C) Gold color
    D) Bunch of sensors
    E) Some hardware feature not available on other devices
    Oh yeah I forgot
    F) CPU/GPU/RAM cause after all this is Android we are talking about here.

To me slab is a slab they all do the same thing, some slower than others, some crippled with software to position better and only one has a pen which is a major differentiation factor.

I myself consider Note 7 and P9+ to be the only true flagships by offering something other dont
    08-12-16 05:15 PM
    HTC 10.
    08-13-16 04:50 AM
    Wife had a Note 4, and now she has an S7. The only thing she's jealous of r.e. my PRIV is Password Keeper, which is available only for BB devices.
    08-14-16 02:13 PM
    lol, just buy a regular all-touch Android and pay BB 99cents for a suite of mediocre apps.

Great! I'm sure BB will return to profitability asap and all you shareholders can dump your shares without losing too much.
    08-14-16 07:08 PM
    Hub++ suite does not include the keyboard app which is pretty much their halo app.
    Serkle K likes this.
    08-14-16 11:26 PM
    Note series phones are powerhouse. I have a note 5 and love it. Also own BlackBerry Classic recently which I swap sometimes from my note. If you're someone that needs a do-everything phone get the note. I've worked on long documents and annotations on my note without a glitch. I held the note 7 at bestbuy and it's better in the hand than the note 5

Posted via CB10
    08-17-16 04:19 PM
    What about grabbing a PRIV and just never sliding the keyboard out?
    lol.

I would wait for the next blackberry flagship. We should have news on that soon, right?

Cheers
    08-22-16 05:15 PM
    lol.

I would wait for the next blackberry flagship. We should have news on that soon, right?

Cheers
    Yeah I hope to hear about it soon!

Posted via CB10
    08-23-16 08:54 AM