01-19-20 02:07 AM
113 1234 ...
tools
    What is puzzling though, is that the default position on this forum is one of support for a manufacturer (TCL) that clearly has no interest in past customers.
    I don't support that position. While I would have bought a TCL built BlackBerry Motion follow-up if it came to AT&T, I will not consider a straight TCL device at all.

Especially after the recent Preview app issue that appeared on the Key phones out of nowhere. That tells us TCL could push who-knows-what to their phones at any time. Even hidden stuff that no one would know. At least with the BlackBerry phones, they still have BlackBerry to answer to - payment for updates not withstanding. But on their own, there's no such filter. My trust doesn't go that far.
    01-08-20 11:20 AM
    Yes I know that...but people (not me) then read into things like a tweet that they are "alive and well" and we then get threads hoping for a Key3 or whatever.
    Better than when BlackBerry said "Today, we can proudly say that we are extending that commitment and will continue to support critical infrastructure and services for BB10 as well as network access for BBOS devices beyond the end of 2019."

And suddenly that means new BB10 phones and updates....
    01-08-20 11:22 AM
    I don't support that position. While I would have bought a TCL built BlackBerry Motion follow-up if it came to AT&T, I will not consider a straight TCL device at all.

Especially after the recent Preview app issue that appeared on the Key phones out of nowhere. That tells us TCL could push who-knows-what to their phones at any time. Even hidden stuff that no one would know. At least with the BlackBerry phones, they still have BlackBerry to answer to - payment for updates not withstanding. But on their own, there's no such filter. My trust doesn't go that far.
    They can sell $100 phones without updating them, but in 2020 a $400 - $500 phone should be getting quarterly patches at least and two major updates. Sadly I have yet to hear them state that how they do updates will be changing - which is they don't really do them. And I suspect the reason they didn't go the Android One path, is they want to use their own software how ever they want to.
    01-08-20 11:27 AM
    TCL is being quiet on purpose.
    And I am sure any CB people know anything, are keeping their mouth shut.
    01-08-20 12:10 PM
    So first reports from CES are in, nothing about Blackberry, but news of TCL phones...when is someone "official" just going to come out and say "Blackberry Mobile" is no more? The lack of news or updates is killing me...lol
    If you listen carefully they have spoken.................................yup there it is.
    ppeters914 likes this.
    01-08-20 04:55 PM
    Better than when BlackBerry said "Today, we can proudly say that we are extending that commitment and will continue to support critical infrastructure and services for BB10 as well as network access for BBOS devices beyond the end of 2019."

I heard the same thing the other day from a guy who knows a guy...................
    01-08-20 04:56 PM
    I heard the same thing the other day from a guy who knows a guy...................
    I know a guy that knows thatguy
    01-08-20 06:58 PM
    How many people working in the US or Canada know what's going on? A handful at best, and of those I expect most understand what not telling others means.

But yeah Kevin could take a few TCL executives out on the town in Vegas, maybe drinking and to a Strip Club. Few compromising photos and threats to send them to family or post online, and he could.... end up in jail.

My guess is at this point TCL and BlackBerry still have a contract. BlackBerry can't really comment without breaking their side. TCL needs to sell off a few thousand devices for as much as they can.... could still have millions in inventory to move. I wouldn't be surprised it TCL didn't do some "investigating" and found out who leaked that info to the German BlackBerry Fan site and hung them up by their heels. NDA's can get you into a lot of trouble...
    At least CBK probably won't dislocate his elbow in an arm wrestling match. This time around...
    01-08-20 07:50 PM
    Where is that investigative reporting? Dig deep, get the story, every other company has leaks, TCL must be more secure than Blackberry...Lol....I am starting to think no one really cares anymore, not enough of us Blackberry fans to even warrant an update....sigh......
    Keep asking them about it.
    01-08-20 10:12 PM
    Keep asking them about it.
    When people go through a divorce, they don't jump to the microphone unless there is a lawsuit involved. I don't think that TCL and BlackBerry want to end their affair that way.
    01-08-20 10:25 PM
    Where on earth did you hear this?
    My organisation has its fingers in so many pies we are able to confirm public rumour or totally deny it just from the information we have but we will not breach with inside information
    01-09-20 06:23 AM
    TCL is being quiet on purpose.
    All options are still open until either one says to the contrary
    01-09-20 06:25 AM
    Where is that investigative reporting? Dig deep, get the story, every other company has leaks, TCL must be more secure than Blackberry...Lol....I am starting to think no one really cares anymore, not enough of us Blackberry fans to even warrant an update....sigh......
    TCL has to be more secure it is the Chinese way of life now and main cause of death penalty if it is breached
    01-09-20 06:26 AM

And what makes you think you'll be BB10 phones? Is Blackberry setting up a new manufacturing plant?
    01-09-20 06:32 AM
    So first reports from CES are in, nothing about Blackberry, but news of TCL phones...when is someone "official" just going to come out and say "Blackberry Mobile" is no more? The lack of news or updates is killing me...lol
    BBmo Twitter said to stop by and play with a KEY2 and KEY2 LE at CES 2020.

I would say that's something right?
    01-09-20 06:42 AM
    BBmo Twitter said to stop by and play with a KEY2 and KEY2 LE at CES 2020.

I would say that's something right?
    Yes that basically there aren’t new devices
    ppeters914 likes this.
    01-09-20 07:05 AM
    Yes that basically there aren’t new devices
    At least they are there. It would be nice to know if they spent money on a booth just for BBmo to display these devices.
    01-09-20 07:40 AM
    At least they are there. It would be nice to know if they spent money on a booth just for BBmo to display these devices.
    No, like the previous show, the display is placed inside TCL booth. On the show directory, BlackBerry Mobile isn’t listed, just TCL as exhibitor. This is just to keep appearance of contractual obligation.
    01-09-20 07:43 AM
    Well, it has been a good run I guess, TCL gave us Blackberry faithful a few extra years when we thought there would be no more Blackberry. I loved Blackberry for being Canadian (like me...support local you know...Lol) plus the security and of course the keyboard. Now the Canadian aspect is gone, the security aspect is probably no different than any other regularly updated Androids, plus some of the Blackberry software I like can still be downloaded onto another phone, so it is really just the keyboard I am losing....sigh....and I really have been wanting a bigger screen...I see a Pixel XL model in my future as my phone plan renews and my beloved KEY2 replacing my wife's KEYone...and then I guess I will go hang out at Android Central instead of Crackberry....lol
    01-09-20 10:31 AM
    Well, it has been a good run I guess, TCL gave us Blackberry faithful a few extra years when we thought there would be no more Blackberry. I loved Blackberry for being Canadian (like me...support local you know...Lol) plus the security and of course the keyboard. Now the Canadian aspect is gone, the security aspect is probably no different than any other regularly updated Androids, plus some of the Blackberry software I like can still be downloaded onto another phone, so it is really just the keyboard I am losing....sigh....and I really have been wanting a bigger screen...I see a Pixel XL model in my future as my phone plan renews and my beloved KEY2 replacing my wife's KEYone...and then I guess I will go hang out at Android Central instead of Crackberry....lol
    I hangout in Android Central and iMore now but it’s more fun here
    ppeters914 likes this.
    01-09-20 10:48 AM
    I hangout in Android Central and iMore now but it’s more fun here
    Well once you and the other 3 or so people (you know who you are ) keeping these forums alive lose interest, it will be a dead zone.
    01-09-20 11:08 AM
    Well once you and the other 3 or so people (you know who you are ) keeping these forums alive lose interest, it will be a dead zone.
    I’m sure you’ll keep visiting like now, sneaking up behind me like always..
    01-09-20 11:13 AM
    I’m sure you’ll keep visiting like now, sneaking up behind me like always..
    Of course. But since I'm not a 24/7 user like the gang of 3 or 4, you'll never expect it .
    01-09-20 11:14 AM
    Of course. But since I'm not a 24/7 user like the gang of 3 or 4, you'll never expect it .
    23/7 as I need one hour per day to cash my CB paycheck and drive money truck back to my castle.
    pdr733 and gebco like this.
    01-09-20 11:19 AM
    23/7 as I need one hour per day to cash my CB paycheck and drive money truck back to my castle.
    Figured you would do like the others and hire someone to do that?
    01-09-20 11:24 AM
113 1234 ...