02-18-14 01:02 PM
451 ... 23456 ...
tools
    I REPEAT...local T-Mo store never heard of the ship only option. So, while it may be true some places, not all. Thus it IS NOT A SWEEPING T-MO POLICY. Are we there yet?
    09-01-13 03:25 PM
    Has nothing to doing with BB10, the archaic legacy devices maybe.

Apple has had many outages as well, no phone OS is immune or company. Heck even outlook was out for a few days..
    There is another pain in the a$$ for BBRY - device PIN lock. iOS devices does not have the same problems. Anyway - carriers do not wants to have anything with BBRY. This is their choice. Their pain. Their support workhours.
    09-01-13 03:25 PM
    My wife has worked for Levi's Strauss now for 33 years.they were kings of the hill for a long time,last 10-15 years its been a steady decline. Why? Because kids do not want to wear the same clothes that there parents wore,same with blackberry,unless they get hip again,the kids stay away, a 20 year old girl at work came in with a cracked Samsung today,I said get a blackberry,she looked at me like I was on crack,she had a blackberry 2 years ago,unless they get all the apps kids want,they won't get them as customers,kids are the best consumers,even then I'm not sure,may be to late
    phuoc, h20work and 1shady_llama like this.
    09-01-13 03:30 PM
    Either give a credible source or a link BlackBerry is a hot selled in Europe among 30+ generation. Yet all of the youth rock iphones

Posted via CB10
    09-01-13 03:38 PM
    Just another short rumour. OS 10.2 is way better than Android and iOS crap.
    BocaJuniors likes this.
    09-01-13 03:41 PM
    I'm with MGDania, unlocked direct sales could turn things around for Blackberry. The retailers have been doing more harm than good for a long time now! When I purchased my Q10 the CSR spent 20min trying to talk me out of it! How can BB10 have a chance if the point of purchase experience is negative?
    09-01-13 03:43 PM
    I think that BlackBerry is doing this to them self, they shouldn't of make all this selling crap public that early after Q2, this is whats making everyone to turn their backs on BB, they could of handle this situation a little more confidential until they where sure.
    09-01-13 03:44 PM
    Is this just in the U.S? Seems like BlackBerry is getting better sales every where else besides state side. Guess not giving into the Government open records is going to shut then down here in the U.S

Posted via CB10
    fedakd and Blackberry_Boss like this.
    09-01-13 03:58 PM
    I think most of us die hard BlackBerry fans knew this would/could possibly happen. It won't deter people that really want a BlackBerry from buying one.

Don't be surprised if Verizon, AT&T, and Sprint decides to do the same. Sprint said they would carry it in the stores but I doubt it...and if they do it will not receive the push it deserves. BlackBerry need to market there products to the business professionals only. And when they start doing that properly they will generate sales from the "Joe Shmoe" consumer. Blackberry = Niche product.
    interestingly enough, it seems like sprint was/is the smart one after all...
    09-01-13 04:03 PM
    I REPEAT...local T-Mo store never heard of the ship only option. So, while it may be true some places, not all. Thus it IS NOT A SWEEPING T-MO POLICY. Are we there yet?
    I wonder how much discretion individual managers have on this type of decision.

Regardless, it's good to know that it isn't a new corporate policy nationwide.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-13 04:11 PM
    The MAJORITY of Americans are pretty smart, hardworking, and decent people.

I am an American, even I can recognize how stupid the majority of our population is. Get over it.
    justsomebbuser and Engire like this.
    09-01-13 04:12 PM
    Is this just in the U.S? Seems like BlackBerry is getting better sales every where else besides state side.
    Source? If this were true; "strategic alternatives" announcement would not exist. Most of Blackberry's sales were already international/non-US, anyway.
    h20work likes this.
    09-01-13 04:12 PM
    How do you figure? Di you mean BB10? Does BBRY break down sales numbers by country so we can compare year over year?

Is this just in the U.S? Seems like BlackBerry is getting better sales every where else besides state side. Guess not giving into the Government open records is going to shut then down here in the U.S

Posted via CB10
    09-01-13 04:14 PM
    The USA is only 300 million of 6 billion. A good percentage of Europe, Asia, Canada, South and Central America like their BlackBerry devices and are happy with their carrier as well. The big 3 here advertise BlackBerry quite often on TV. You can't force the carrier to do anything, so I would just tell them to pound sand. If someone wants a BlackBerry device they will go with a carrier that offers it.

BlackBerry Since 2006. Z10 Rogers, Halifax NS
    09-01-13 04:27 PM
    The USA is only 300 million of 6 billion. A good percentage of Europe, Asia, Canada, South and Central America like their BlackBerry devices and are happy with their carrier as well.
    Where? Where is actual growth occurring with BB10?
    AlexXF, Donvald, Etios and 1 others like this.
    09-01-13 04:33 PM
    Y

fyi people do get tired of service outages if you google bbry outages theynhappen quite often because of the nature of bbry phones they are tethered meaning if the local node or the central server goes down so does everything internet related on your phone this coming from a company that promises 99.9% uptime lol

bbry recebtly got fined millions for the last outage in indonesia
    Outages happen, so what. Its not a BlackBerry thing. Two weeks ago Outlook was down for days!!! Was if frustrating, sure, did I cancel my email with them, no. Apple has many outages, but you dont hear as much. Sometimes my electricity goes out at my house due to stress on the grid. People lose landline services at times. So in short, technology = service outage. If you want a more reliable way of communicating, walk to your friends house and knock at the door. Small percentage that they may not be home.....would that qualify as a service outage??
    09-01-13 04:43 PM
    Has nothing to doing with BB10, the archaic legacy devices maybe.

Apple has had many outages as well, no phone OS is immune or company. Heck even outlook was out for a few days..
    Apple outages dont kill their users internet connection lol
    you see bbry devices run thru BIS as a proxy to encrypt and compress
    this does iccludw bbm and internet signal which has been proven many times over with the 2009 outage
    the only thing that could goes down if apple goes down is imessenger
    we're not talking about updates we're talking about connections

bbry phones regardless of the generation still use bbry proxy servers

yes if your email server goes down your down however it doesnt kill your internet signal which should be provider dependent
    09-01-13 04:44 PM
    No Americans are just too stupid to recognize a good product. It's why many incredible and innovative companies have totally pulled out of the US market in the past.
    Maybe the Americans got tired of their "good product" rebooting and returned them. I wouldn't call returning a $600 device that can't stay on stupid. Waiting on an update from BlackBerry to fix it, given their history with solving problems, isn't something that most people are willing to do.
    Etios, poiznberry, DJM626 and 2 others like this.
    09-01-13 04:46 PM

Posted via CB10
    BB let us into their servers(with a court order)back in '99, or they wouldn't be here today.
    Donvald, Etios and Saiga like this.
    09-01-13 04:52 PM
    So much for the good relations they have with carriers...man am I depressed

I am Zeeing things. There I Zed it.
    09-01-13 04:54 PM
    That's strange, here in Toronto Canada I pump out emails/text/phone calls alongside other data usage ALL day long, and never have an issue with "outages". Must be the BlackBerry negativity getting to your head.

Oh and Android and IOS "quick messaging phones"? Hard to compete with a physical keyboard or BlackBerry in general when it comes to accuracy in communication capabilities.
    maybe you should use facts rather then insults?
    yet bbry legacyusers and other users have rejected your assertation that bbry is the greatest os where is the millions of sales you speak of
    oh wait its 1m per month

Use mind over matter
    is this really the mindset of the crackberry nation?
    Rather then using independent thought use the bbry propaganda machine 99% uptime yet you seem to forget delayed launchs
    Service outages what happened to the swat team that lazardis promise that will take care of any server issue in less then 24hours tell that to the indonesia government who fined bbry heavily for bbm outage

your txt isnt affected by bbry outages and when it does happen as many users have pointed out your propaganda machine is a 600dollar paperweight

maybe you should start using facts rather then guess work
    bbry servers run and control and encrypt the bbm and internet signal on all bbry devices thats how you remain secure
    helio9965 and Etios like this.
    09-01-13 04:57 PM
    That's why Germany, the backbone of the euro zone adopted BlackBerry 10 and why BlackBerry sponsored a Formula 1 team not a nascar team. Pretty sure US economy isn't the greatest so careful what you say.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly...

1) Europe has bought into BB10. Otherwise (and I've said it before on other threads) why would my UK carrier not just be out of stock (yeah, yeah, short stocked blah, blah) but then the rep said 'I'm surprised at this, the Z10 is one of our BEST SELLING HANDSETS.

2) There's quite a long list of products which sell very well outside the US and make their companies fortunes. I'd list some of them but you won't have heard of them so there seems little point!

Look, it's all about goals. If BB made a big thing that the American market was the straw that broke the camels back and that they MUST crack it (which I seem to think they did), they've gone the wrong way about it - not with the phones - they're great, but with the appalling marketing strategy.

If they change the goal and say, 'Hey, who cares. turns out the American market, in the short term, is going to be too expensive to crack right now. Let's not waste the money there, let's rebuild our user base in Canada, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia, remain cash rich, get the apps we need and bide our time for the right moment for the US whilst continuing to improve the product. We'll keep a presence there but not spend too much on it.'

Seems eminently sensible to me. That way BB can sit back, as regards the US market, build up a war chest and then hit it hard when the moment is right (such as iOS7 being a bit of a flop, as an example).

At the same time saving the money would allow it to target hard on other things, such as the fact that in the UK iPhone5 users are about to discover that their funky phone can't get 4G on O2 or Vodafone and they need to upgrade...

Now there's an opportunity.
    09-01-13 05:03 PM
    Exactly...

1) Europe has bought into BB10. Otherwise (and I've said it before on other threads) why would my UK carrier not just be out of stock (yeah, yeah, short stocked blah, blah) but then the rep said 'I'm surprised at this, the Z10 is one of our BEST SELLING HANDSETS.

2) There's quite a long list of products which sell very well outside the US and make their companies fortunes. I'd list some of them but you won't have heard of them so there seems little point!

Look, it's all about goals. If BB made a big thing that the American market was the straw that broke the camels back and that they MUST crack it (which I seem to think they did), they've gone the wrong way about it - not with the phones - they're great, but with the appalling marketing strategy.

If they change the goal and say, 'Hey, who cares. turns out the American market, in the short term, is going to be too expensive to crack right now. Let's not waste the money there, let's rebuild our user base in Canada, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia, remain cash rich, get the apps we need and bide our time for the right moment for the US whilst continuing to improve the product. We'll keep a presence there but not spend too much on it.'

Seems eminently sensible to me. That way BB can sit back, as regards the US market, build up a war chest and then hit it hard when the moment is right (such as iOS7 being a bit of a flop, as an example).

At the same time saving the money would allow it to target hard on other things, such as the fact that in the UK iPhone5 users are about to discover that their funky phone can't get 4G on O2 or Vodafone and they need to upgrade...

Now there's an opportunity.
    ummm that would be the explaination
    a store lvl wont know more then a corporate rep a store would order more
    short stock 1m per month worldwide so unless bbry is stockpiling them for these massive sales its highly unlikely

if they sell like hotcakes then why did bbry cut their workforce and production by half and they cant even pull 1m shipments per month
    if sales were that good then bbry wouldnt be cuting production they will ship more last big order anyone heard was from verizon for 1m bb10 phones 1month before q10 release

7000 poor workers are out of a job you tell them that their phone sold ok
    helio9965, Etios and Saiga like this.
    09-01-13 05:06 PM
    I believe Rogers controls my Internet connection and Eastlink when using my wifi.

BlackBerry Since 2006. Z10 Rogers, Halifax NS
    09-01-13 05:07 PM
    Some of you are sounding like GM in the 70s and IBM in the 90s.... blame the customer.

No marketing, no effort to train or market to carrier sales reps, no apps like instagram that women demand, delay after delay after announcements are made. Then there is the ridiculous price even for the cheap one.

But blame the customer. BlackBerry has the best phone no one knows about

Posted via CB10
    phuoc, Donvald, Etios and 1 others like this.
    09-01-13 05:08 PM
451 ... 23456 ...