02-18-14 12:02 PM
451 ... 16171819
tools
    I wasn't specifically naming Amazon.

Amazon does not sell T-Mobile which is still far the best deal among US providers unless you live somewhere in the sticks (then you should get Verzion and pay for it.)

TMO is still the best customer service and price if you live in a city and if you direct order it from t-mobile.com you get 30 days return period (as opposed to 3 weeks over the phone and 2 weeks in store or worse.) TMO stores are franchises, you can never be sure what's in them - but one thing is sure it was BB who blew its in-store chances at TMO by not setting up dedicated stands in every store entrance, nobody else.
    09-03-13 11:20 PM
    Wow, unbelievable
    09-04-13 05:36 AM
    Just an update, there will be no regular TMobile stocking of Z or Q phones in NEast--if not all U.S. In fact, to show continued intention/direction, you wont even see a display model in TM stores. TM will continue to have a BB literature site and Z/Qs can be ordered but this might only be until current lit. is exhausted. (And, further, service fot BlackBerry productd by TM, dont ask.)

I suspect this is due to combo of poor sales, BB uncertain future as confirmed by BB's own announcements, and the nrw IP, S4,Sony, and Motorola phones--all coming to mkt since the Z.

I had been an advovate for BB cutting carriers and working out an exclusive (or semi-exclusive) relationship(s) for its intro. of OS10. BlackBerry had some leverage as late as March but now any negotiation obviously must be done from a position of great weakness (and for BB's very survival) rather than strength.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by M65c02; 09-13-13 at 11:13 AM.
    Akuji_ism and GadgetTravel like this.
    09-13-13 09:46 AM
    Verizon or Sprint is looking better and better.
    09-20-13 08:46 AM
    The 9900 and 9930 are better "business phones" than the Q or Z10 is so the results are to be expected....
    ...RIM lost it's business edge and produced a product that was for the most part.
    ...Rejected by consumers primarily because the phone couldn't consume those types of media demanded by the public.

It's very sad.
    09-21-13 01:24 AM
    T-Mobile will no longer stock BlackBerry products in store
    By Chris Welch on September 25, 2013

With BlackBerry facing a tenuous and uncertain future, T-Mobile has decided it's time for a shift in strategy. According to Reuters, the US carrier will no longer stock BlackBerry devices in its retail stores citing weak demand. Instead, T-Mobile will now ship in-store and online orders directly to buyers. VP David Carey told Reuters that enterprise and business customers represent a large percentage of the BlackBerrys that T-Mobile does sell, and the company will still have demo models of BlackBerry handsets on hand at its stores — you just won't be able to take one home.
    T-Mobile will no longer stock BlackBerry products in store | The Verge
    09-25-13 04:58 PM
    Here's the original source: http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...98O16P20130925

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Tapatalk
    09-25-13 05:23 PM
    Yahoo News UK & Ireland - Latest World News & UK News Headlines

Apologies if this is already posted, I'm not surprised that this has happened in the USA as sales are not good, but that's not the rest of the world, here in the UK we seem to be strong followers............ BB is in our blood.

I cant wait for the Z30 to come out, I think I may be persuaded from my trusty 9810.
    grover5 likes this.
    09-25-13 05:39 PM
    So they've given up on Blackberry and BB10.

When it rains, it pours.
    09-25-13 09:53 PM
    Heck, they weren't stocking them at LAUNCH In any numbers around here.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-13 10:06 PM
    So they've given up on Blackberry and BB10.

When it rains, it pours.
    No, direct fulfillment.... order only.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-13 10:06 PM
    I own the Z10 and this is most likely the last BlackBerry I ever own...sad

Posted via CB10
    09-26-13 01:34 PM
    i bought an unlocked z10 for 160 dollars less that tmobile wanted and activated it. Blackberry will survive this. who cares if i haveto wait for shipping
    Got2GetAway likes this.
    11-23-13 05:49 PM
    T-Mobile, they are such losers.. I would never considered them to be a real carrier...

Posted via CB10
    11-23-13 06:18 PM
    I'm American and I LOVE my Blackberry! I hate that this country has no flipping support for a great product. No idea wth they are doing.
    The USA is not the be all and end all. I would shift my focus out of the states too if they don't want to support the product or bother trying to give it a chance. Funny Americans get so intimidated easily.

Posted via CB10
    geoffsdad and epark88 like this.
    11-23-13 09:15 PM
    T-Mobile, they are such losers.. I would never considered them to be a real carrier...

Posted via CB10
    Really? Because I get unlimited 30Mbps LTE with tethering for $70/mo. With wifi calling. No other carrier comes close
    11-23-13 09:43 PM
    Then you're getting ripped off.

I use T-Mobile with unlimited data here in the UK. 20 for SIX MONTHS unlimited data.

That's 40 a year.
    11-24-13 09:34 AM
    Then you're getting ripped off.

I use T-Mobile with unlimited data here in the UK. 20 for SIX MONTHS unlimited data.

That's 40 a year.
    Welcome to CrackBerry. This thread is about the US T-Mobile, which is entirely different from the UK T-Mobile.
    szlevi likes this.
    11-24-13 09:41 AM
    I was checking to see if Tmobile had any returned Blackberry Q10 devices for sale, as I wanted to get a q10 at a low price just to have a bb10 device to play around with and to test the tmobile network in my travel area, and the customer service rep said that they was getting rid of blackberry devices.

As long as Blackberry still sale unlock devices from their website that will work with Tmobile that we be fine for us on crackberry, but without carrier support I don't see how Blackberry will get any new T-mobile customers to make the switch to blackberry from another platform.
    11-24-13 03:54 PM
    Really? Because I get unlimited 30Mbps LTE with tethering for $70/mo. With wifi calling. No other carrier comes close
    Actually I get the same thing w/ unlimited minutes & text (+2.5GB HSPA+) for two of us $110... and I'm pissed because some half-witted ***** lied about the new package and switched me to this, losing my old (grandfathered) $99 one...
    11-25-13 06:59 PM
    Actually I get the same thing w/ unlimited minutes & text (+2.5GB HSPA+) for two of us $110... and I'm pissed because some half-witted ***** lied about the new package and switched me to this, losing my old (grandfathered) $99 one...
    But that's NOT the same thing. With the $70 T-Mobile plan, there is truly NO limit on the data, and it's all at the fastest available speed. I know someone who uses it for their home WiFi, and uses 80GB of LTE a month, and before they had LTE, was using it on HSPA+. If you're a heavy data user, you simply can't compare a plan that has 2.5GB of data before it drops to 2G to a plan that is literally unlimited 4G data.
    11-25-13 09:04 PM
    I still don't understand how I was fired for this thread

Posted via CB10
    02-17-14 02:30 PM
    I still don't understand how I was fired for this thread

Posted via CB10
    I feel bad for you that you got fired and hope that you find another job, but you should realize that they may have decided that you could no longer be trusted with any type of information. There is a reason why those who leak stuff try to hide who they are.

At any case, if T-Mobile every stops selling blackberry devices there is aways purchasing unlock phones from the blackberry store if you want to go that route.
    02-17-14 07:12 PM
    I feel bad for you that you got fired and hope that you find another job, but you should realize that they may have decided that you could no longer be trusted with any type of information. There is a reason why those who leak stuff try to hide who they are.

At any case, if T-Mobile every stops selling blackberry devices there is aways purchasing unlock phones from the blackberry store if you want to go that route.
    Except the fact that you can't buy Z30 unlocked. BBRY must have been in such a desperate state when they went to beg US carriers to support Z30, they begged so hard that it diminished them the right to sell it unlocked off their own website. Amazing.

And I feel bad for OP. True whistleblower .
    02-18-14 10:13 AM
    Except the fact that you can't buy Z30 unlocked. BBRY must have been in such a desperate state when they went to beg US carriers to support Z30, they begged so hard that it diminished them the right to sell it unlocked off their own website. Amazing.
    The 'become a success by bypassing abusive carriers and selling devices unlocked' is merely a huge fanboy fantasy. The prepaid market in the United States is very small. Look at the Lumia 520/521. It is one of, if not the most, popular prepaid handset in the nation and Windows Phone still has <5% market shar.

Even when consumers purchase devices unlocked, few handsets purchased are ever more than 200 USD in value. This is because consumers suffer sticker shock when accustomed to subsidized 200 USD contract pricing.

These consumers also rarely buy new devices and do not adhere to a 2 year cycle because there is no incentive to replace a functioning phone. The entire current Blackberry lineup of devices look ridiculous in the US prepaid market.

Contrary to what many on Crackberry believe, Blackberry has no loyalty to its fans. The financial incentive to selling prepaid devices in the United States is nonexistent. It may even cost Blackberry money. There's a low glass ceiling at likely <5% marketshare (because Windows Phones actually do sell a sizable portion of its devices on-contract) and Blackberry will be stuck with all the channel distribution and support costs.

Not to mention selling its devices prepaid will aggravate the carriers who will perceive BBRY as trying to hostilely compete with them. While many of the carriers currently do not stock devices, they might now never consider stocking BBRY devices again or they might dump BB10 even for businesses, which is not as strong as perceived on these forums.

Blackberry doesn't care if a couple thousand of its devout fans are left behind. It makes more sense to sell no phones than to sell 10k units/year. Look at how BBRY responded to Japan and its financial state wasn't even as dire as it is currently. There's likely nothing stopping from Blackberry from selling its devices prepaid; but, it makes no strategic sense to do so.
    Last edited by sentimentGX4; 02-18-14 at 12:06 PM.
    kbz1960, JeepBB and Troy Tiscareno like this.
    02-18-14 11:47 AM
451 ... 16171819