Just finished reading this article from one of Australia's leading newspapers.

BlackBerry losing corporate popularity

I love my BB, but what are you thoughts on the article?
    10-18-11 04:37 AM
    Regardless the article, Rim announced BES usage going up at the last earning call and record service charge revenues.

And BES was not affected by the outage.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-18-11 04:48 AM
    I have to use a BB 9650 for work, since I'm on BES. And I'm extremely comfortable with that. I also have a personal BB and I'm also extremely comfortable with that.
    Now....for the last four days I've been using my ATRIX again, after it found its way back to me. What I'm finding is that I am loving the things I originally loved about the device, found the way to get rid of the lagginess by not using Blur, but the battery continues to be terrible. By that I mean that in 3 hours up time i've gone front 100% to somewhere between 40 - 50%. For this reason alone I would not choose, if given the opportunity, to use it as a work device. I haven't tried the iP4S yet, but I would not move away from the 9650 for work.

To say nothing of the fact that making edits is a pain....for me, anyway.
    Last edited by Qbnkelt; 10-18-11 at 08:12 AM.
    10-18-11 07:50 AM
    I can't imagine that the majority of corporations would venture away from the bb, but it is indeed getting less and less popular.

After years of saying BB only, point blank period, my company just started allowing corporate email on iPads and iPhones because of the demand. We've got over 40K employees globally so they did an extensive investigation into security first. However, as of now they will only purchase BB. To use another device you have to buy it yourself. Not sure if that will eventually change, but I doubt it. Android is still very much out of the question...
    10-18-11 08:13 AM
    Regardless the article, Rim announced BES usage going up at the last earning call and record service charge revenues.

It was in our Company.
    10-18-11 12:17 PM
    It was in our Company.
    Was your BES email down?

10-18-11 12:20 PM

You sure about that? My entire hospital went dark for 16 hours..........thousands of users.......
    10-18-11 12:23 PM
    Was your BES email down?

Ours went down. To make matters worse it was on a day we had a big Golf tournament so almost anyone who was anyone was out of the office with spotty access to email. All except the ones with access on iPads, though not real convenient on the golf course.
    10-18-11 12:32 PM
    You sure about that? My entire hospital went dark for 16 hours..........thousands of users.......
    Really, my BB never missed a beat.
    10-18-11 01:56 PM
    Our enterprise went Dark and we have two Providers VZW and AT&T and you all may not like this but my iPhone kept on working......
    10-18-11 02:16 PM
    My BES device was not affected. My BIS device was, briefly.
    10-18-11 02:39 PM
    I have to use a BB 9650 for work, since I'm on BES. And I'm extremely comfortable with that. I also have a personal BB and I'm also extremely comfortable with that.
    Now....for the last four days I've been using my ATRIX again, after it found its way back to me. What I'm finding is that I am loving the things I originally loved about the device, found the way to get rid of the lagginess by not using Blur, but the battery continues to be terrible. By that I mean that in 3 hours up time i've gone front 100% to somewhere between 40 - 50%. For this reason alone I would not choose, if given the opportunity, to use it as a work device. I haven't tried the iP4S yet, but I would not move away from the 9650 for work.

To say nothing of the fact that making edits is a pain....for me, anyway.
    Give the app juice defender a try. It increased my battery life adding roughly 3 hours.

10-18-11 07:44 PM
    App juice defender? How does that work?

Thank you for the suggestion!
    10-18-11 08:05 PM
    App juice defender? How does that work?

Thank you for the suggestion!
    I use Juice Defender on my Atrix as well and it has a signiciant impact on increasing the battery life.

Just download it for free from the market, set it to aggressive and let it run in the background.
    10-19-11 12:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD