For all those like me who love the physical keyboard, here is something for your heart.
    blackberry,keyboard,patent articles on Engadget

A list of patents filed by BlackBerry on keyboards.
    My question is where is that physical keyboard which hides itself somewhere behind the phone and goes to your pocket.

#i love my passport.

Posted via CB10
    altrax likes this.
    08-29-15 05:09 PM
    For all those like me who love the physical keyboard, here is something for your heart.
    blackberry,keyboard,patent articles on Engadget

A list of patents filed by BlackBerry on keyboards.
    My question is where is that physical keyboard which hides itself somewhere behind the phone and goes to your pocket.

#i love my passport.

Posted via CB10
    Your best hope is BlackBerry folding and a competent company buying the patents in bankruptcy and making a phone with them. BlackBerry simply seems to be too incompetent to succeed.

Posted via Z30
    WES51 and BerryRipe like this.
    08-29-15 06:01 PM
    Your best hope is BlackBerry folding and a competent company buying the patents in bankruptcy and making a phone with them. BlackBerry simply seems to be too incompetent to succeed.

Posted via Z30
    You're being harsh today,... ;-D

  Andro-Loader (TM) - who is gonna leak ...? Black-Berry! dadadada dee dum dee dum...  
    rthonpm and SeeBeeEss like this.
    09-02-15 03:44 AM

Posted via Z30
    Just because a patent is issued doesn't mean it's practical for immediate use. While the theory of an idea may be sound, the hardware or other technology to properly implement it may not be available. New Product Research staffs do this kind of thing all the time, the patent may be for some kind of in the pipeline product, or just a milestone design to protect the intellectual property as a safe guard against future application. The underlying technology of the patent is protected either way.

These stories about patents being issued are just click bait and slow news stories. Don't pay attention to them since there's no context as to why the patent is filed for, or its application.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-15 08:15 AM

Posted via Z30
    Wow. Was that a response to something specific, or just an off the wall rant for no reason?

Posted via CB10
    09-14-15 08:54 AM
    Wow. Was that a response to something specific, or just an off the wall rant for no reason?

Posted via CB10
    Nope just stating a fact. BlackBerry has lots of cool patents and showed off many awesome things over the years. You know the Parallax feature that iPhone put out a year or two ago, TAT showed that off pre 2010. You know how many cool UI designs and features they showed off in the TAT PlayBook demos that never made it into the PlayBook or to BB10? There were a lot. It is simply astonishing that the company had so much talent and resources at one point, and literally did nothing with it, and most of those resources and talent are now gone, and they don't have the money to do anything with what they still have. I mean they have that patent for the awesome slider that where the PKB folds into the device, and they are releasing a new version of a 2009 Torch mechanism.

Posted via Z30
    BerryRipe likes this.
    09-14-15 10:24 AM