03-31-09 05:05 PM
65 123
tools
    so a few friends of mine that work at RIM told me that there are new blackberries being made at rims plants in waterloo, ontario, canada as of right now are the following:
    Orion - Blackberry 8350i
    Pluto - Blackberry Bold/storm
    Onyx - New Blackberry Storm (not clickscreen)
    Niagara - Blackberry 9630
    Gemini - Blackberry 8325 (touch sensitive trackball)

they will be coming out with the 9520 storm that will have improved software, wifi and it is coming to rogers

they are also in the process of making 5.0 os codenamed Argon

all of these except the orion which is already with sprint are set to release in 6 months to a year
    03-18-09 04:34 PM
    Hmm, non touchscreen storm? And touch sensitive trackball?
    03-18-09 04:56 PM
    wonderful but like crack - I need more.

any word on a 3g TMO phone? I really want to get better than my 8320, but I don't want to go 8900 and then be locked out when, or if they finally do this 3g thing on other than the G1. you just can't beat a BB.
    03-18-09 04:57 PM

any word on a 3g TMO phone? I really want to get better than my 8320, but I don't want to go 8900 and then be locked out when, or if they finally do this 3g thing on other than the G1. you just can't beat a BB.
    They passed on a 3G BlackBerry. The Bold.
    03-18-09 04:59 PM

I spoke with a guy with T-Mobile today. I don't often trust what they say, but he said he didn't see a 3G Blackberry for T-Mobile USA within the next year, and my guess is that he's probably right.
    03-18-09 05:07 PM
    so a few friends of mine that work at RIM told me that there are new blackberries being made at rims plants in waterloo, ontario, canada as of right now are the following:
    Orion - Blackberry 8350i

they will be coming out with the 9520 storm that will have improved software, wifi and it is coming to rogers

all of these except the orion which is already with sprint are set to release in 6 months to a year
    Hmm, non touchscreen storm? And touch sensitive trackball?
    blueberry, its a non-clickable screen. Maybe this version of the Storm screen is like how the iPhone is, like you just touch the screen and don't press down on it... hopefully there is more of a difference than just that.

A touch sensitive trackball? Is that what i hear that its like how an optical mouse is, where it doesn't roll, but you still use the trackball as is and it can detect your finger's movements through a laser? Who knows.

Thanks for the info kikitheking
    03-18-09 06:07 PM
    blueberry, its a non-clickable screen. Maybe this version of the Storm screen is like how the iPhone is, like you just touch the screen and don't press down on it... hopefully there is more of a difference than just that.

A touch sensitive trackball? Is that what i hear that its like how an optical mouse is, where it doesn't roll, but you still use the trackball as is and it can detect your finger's movements through a laser? Who knows.

Thanks for the info kikitheking

Oops, I thought it said non touchscreen. I should go get my eyes checked.

On the 9900 update Kevin said the insider said a "new optical trackball" so this could be it.
    03-18-09 06:09 PM
    Oops, I thought it said non touchscreen. I should go get my eyes checked.

On the 9900 update Kevin said the insider said a "new optical trackball" so this could be it.
    It's all good . Yea I saw that the trackball is going to be on the 99xx.

I guess its also going to the Gemini 8325? That pic that I have seen on the Gemini is still a little weird. The Gemini is also the easy pop off faceplate. It didn't mention it being 3g as well. I guess its true about the 8xxx being non 3g and the 9xxx being 3g. Hopefully we see a better quality picture of it and get more info on it soon.
    03-18-09 06:22 PM
    6 months to a year on the niagara????
    03-18-09 06:46 PM
    Interesting that everybody seems to have a friend who knows something lately.

I'm not buying it.
    03-18-09 08:45 PM
    Oops, I thought it said non touchscreen. I Kevin said the insider said a "new optical trackball" so this could be it.
    No, Kevin SPECULATED that it could have an optical trackball, since the insider source said the project was scrapped but they still have something new that came out of it

Please stop passing things off as fact
    03-18-09 09:12 PM
    i thought the onyx was the replacement of the blackberry pearl?
    03-18-09 11:40 PM
    I need timeframes on stuff... I gotta get a new berry within months.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-19-09 12:13 AM
    i thought the onyx was the replacement of the blackberry pearl?
    Please please be the case...I will buy the first thing blackberry puts out that is 3g and in suretype form....I havent even heard of anything coming out...

Does anyone know of anything suretype coming out?????
    03-19-09 12:16 AM
    Interesting that everybody seems to have a friend who knows something lately.

I'm not buying it.
    i have like 7 friends that work on the line at rim, and they all said they've seen all of rims newest projects being built, they all said the niagara is gonna be unreal, they tested one out with decent software and said its basically like the bolds father,also the new 9520 is said to be amazing as well, while all the storms there making now have apparently .146 software on them according to my one friend, he says that it is so unbelieveably fast now with like zero to none bugs and that it was a huge step in the blackberry storm era, and the new storm/bold is said to be great as well but in regards to the last few comments the "gemini" will be carrying the touch senstivie trackball it is gonna be like a little laser that tracks your finger movements and stuff just like how an optical/laser mouse works, its the same idea, and i also got word not to long ago that they are making a touchscreen phone(not clickable) that slides out on the side with a full qwerty keyboard, lemme me know what yea guys think.....
    03-19-09 12:26 AM
    Please please be the case...I will buy the first thing blackberry puts out that is 3g and in suretype form....I havent even heard of anything coming out...

Does anyone know of anything suretype coming out?????
    what do you mean suretype?
    03-19-09 12:27 AM
    what do you mean suretype?
    Blackberry Pearl... 2 letters per key
    03-19-09 01:32 AM
    oh your wondering if theres any new ones coming out with suretype keyboards?! lol well the latest one that i know of is the pearl flip 8230 aka apex, but other than that its all full qwertys bro
    03-19-09 01:37 AM
    No, Kevin SPECULATED that it could have an optical trackball, since the insider source said the project was scrapped but they still have something new that came out of it

Please stop passing things off as fact
    Well to me it sounded like he was saying the insider told him the new trackball should be on the table.
    03-19-09 05:36 PM
    i have like 7 friends that work on the line at rim, and they all said they've seen all of rims newest projects being built, they all said the niagara is gonna be unreal, they tested one out with decent software and said its basically like the bolds father,also the new 9520 is said to be amazing as well, while all the storms there making now have apparently .146 software on them according to my one friend, he says that it is so unbelieveably fast now with like zero to none bugs and that it was a huge step in the blackberry storm era, and the new storm/bold is said to be great as well but in regards to the last few comments the "gemini" will be carrying the touch senstivie trackball it is gonna be like a little laser that tracks your finger movements and stuff just like how an optical/laser mouse works, its the same idea, and i also got word not to long ago that they are making a touchscreen phone(not clickable) that slides out on the side with a full qwerty keyboard, lemme me know what yea guys think.....
    7 friends? Wow.. the number just keeps growing..
    03-19-09 05:48 PM
    oh your wondering if theres any new ones coming out with suretype keyboards?! lol well the latest one that i know of is the pearl flip 8230 aka apex, but other than that its all full qwertys bro
    Sadly it looks like suretype is getting swept under the rug or thrown out all together. I am REALLY surprised they are abandoning the PEARL form factor...

I see that phone everywhere...granted not as much as I used to but still there is a lot of them out there. Main thing I would want is something quicker then the 312 processor and 3g speed...everything else would just be a bonus.
    03-19-09 05:50 PM
    The only thing that has me wondering about this statement is the .146 software. I don't think that's what it'll be released with, since the latest official is only .113. But internally that's what they're probably running on the test devices.

Anyway, I want all these devices. Gemini (only if it really doesn't look like it does in that spy shot), the 9630 Niagara, the 9520, and the (basically) Storm slider. That's be amazing phone for all the people who want a touchscreen, but don't want a Storm because of no keyboard.
    03-19-09 06:01 PM
    Orion - Blackberry 8350i

So, in your (or your friends') opinions, should a VZW 8830 user jump on Niagara, or wait for some of these other toys to hit the street?

Note: I realize that no matter which decision I make, I will likely regret 3-6 months later.

Thanks--

J.
    03-19-09 06:06 PM
    damn I had my mind set on the 9630... maybe I should give myself another year before putting down any money.... but then again not like they'll ever stop coming out with new ideas anyway... what to do... what to do?!
    03-19-09 06:09 PM
    As for the new Storm 9520, I will have to wait and see it to believe it. Niagra sounds good. The gemini's trackball sounds cool. So is that "non clickable" phone the Storm Slider people keep talking about or is it a totally new blackberry?

Thanks again for the info kikitheking. But I don't blame jhamilton3. This is good info, but it still comes down to actually seeing it (i.e. like official sources like websites with pictures and reviews). I can't wait to see what comes out the next months.
    03-19-09 06:09 PM
65 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD