11-21-12 12:46 PM
142 ... 23456
tools
    The icons on the screen shown by the OP and the ones in this leaked picture posted by Bla1ze looks different ( BlackBerry 10 L-Series spotted once again in all its blurry cam glory | CrackBerry.com). The ones posted by Bla1ze isn't all boxed in - hopefully this is the updated icon design? It looks better than all boxed.
    10-15-12 11:55 AM
    The icons on the screen shown by the OP and the ones in this leaked picture posted by Bla1ze looks different ( BlackBerry 10 L-Series spotted once again in all its blurry cam glory | CrackBerry.com). The ones posted by Bla1ze isn't all boxed in - hopefully this is the updated icon design? It looks better than all boxed.
    that also have a skin on it
    10-15-12 11:57 AM
    I agree the icons are ugly, however unless BB decides not allow putting themes on the BB10 then it doesn't matter. Maybe I will have to look at them for a week before a new theme is dropped to replace it. BB needs to hurry up and release the phone. The hollidays are just around the corner. It would be great to get one under the tree so I can open it erarly.
    The icons actually remind me of some lesser themes I've seen. But as mentioned, no themes anymore, so if this is it, well, then this is it.
    10-15-12 11:58 AM
    They have decided that. check the homepage for news on that topic from a few days ago.
    Well just throws a monkey wrech in the whole works. I glossed over that news because I thought it only applied to BB OS 7 and I can't upgrade to OS 7 on my 9800. 12 years of never being truely dissatified with RIM or BB is a pretty good track record. I hope they reconsider. I change themes on my phone regularly. I hate Iphones because they are not customizable. I really want this "feature" back. Blackberry really missed the mark on this one. I want the ability to make my phone look the way I want.
    EsJayDee likes this.
    10-15-12 12:05 PM
    I just want the damn phone and they sitting there with three, old selfish azz lol
    00stryder and EsJayDee like this.
    10-15-12 01:28 PM
    Perfectly said
    Their icons are decent, just not TAT inspired.
    Needs more astonishment!
    C'mon RIM Astonish us, make the icons more interesting, and lively, and awesome !!!! We r all rooting for u !
    Last edited by Qaxl; 10-15-12 at 03:16 PM.
    10-15-12 03:05 PM
    The Icons really look SAD, i hope they come up with something better by the launch.
    This device looks really sad... its not aesthetically appealing at all, whats the point of the two pieces on top and under the screen? thats a huge border.. and the corner? really? 40-45 degrees? just terrible.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    10-15-12 03:19 PM
    New Images of BB London-img_00000142.pngNew Images of BB London-img_00000143.png

The icon background does not look bad once you have a decent wallpaper set, the default blue in the Beta 3 doesn't do it justice
    10-15-12 03:24 PM
    I agree. Looks much better with a nicer background image.
    10-15-12 03:42 PM
    Same 4 x 4 icon grid like we've seen on capple for the last 5 years. I wish bb did something different with the icon layout :/

anyone miss the old "L" layout LOL
    10-15-12 03:58 PM
    OMG, the protective plastic has bubbles under it!! Can't RIM get anything right?

Thunderbuck and Hypnoboy like this.
    10-15-12 04:05 PM
    The icons look much better with an actual background. Thanks for posting these photos for those of us who aren't in possession of a Dev Alpha device.
    10-15-12 04:21 PM
    BB london looks hideous...
    Why are there two divisions between the screen on the top and bottom, and the angles are not very aesthetically appealing... wtf...
    Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    " ... and the angles are not very aesthetically appealing..." ???? lol Now THAT is picking a nit.

I agree with the other comments regarding the icons. They're pretty "meh", to put it nicely. But I can live with that for now.
    10-15-12 05:03 PM
    I was hoping to get hours of enjoyment just staring at the icons in BB10, but now I see that I'll get bored from staring at them after 30-40 minutes. Bummer...
    Thunderbuck and ubizmo like this.
    10-15-12 05:51 PM
    white plz!
    This just looks like a render, dont know if someone else already posted it, or if it's real at all, but yeah.... I like it.
    New Images of BB London-l-series-b-w.jpg
    Mr.Monty and 00stryder like this.
    10-15-12 06:01 PM
    This just looks like a render, dont know if someone else already posted it, or if it's real at all, but yeah.... I like it.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	L Series B W.jpg 
Views:	302 
Size:	141.8 KB 
ID:	123141
    I really like the London in white, and I've always been a "all-black everything" kinda guy when it comes to electronic devices. I think it helps differentiate the device from other touchscreen slabs out there and it closely resembles that earlier scrapped model of the device, just without the angular edges. I hope RIM leads with the white version and/or offers it (and other colors, like the "one never before seen on a BB") at the same time as the black one.
    10-15-12 06:30 PM
    ha, yeah I was using the PB for the jump. My roommates and friends were loving it.
    10-15-12 07:19 PM
    I've been looking at the pictures again trying to figure out what I don't like (beside what I said earlier - icons). I think it's just the general size and screen layout. It honestly looks like one of Motorola's midrange Android phones...nothing remotely appealing about it.

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk 2
    10-15-12 07:31 PM
    hope this hardware isn't finalized they look fugly

This is my favorite "leaked" design (not taken into consideration are the nice but ridiculous concepts calling for 1billion pixel density on a 0.1 nanometer thin width) because it is the most unique and distinctive. I'm so sick of all the black slabs.
    Attachment 123094

That said, hurry up and release something, I'm picking up two of whatever you put out, for me and for my dad.

You are kidding me! I cant believe you are talking seriously... This design is so poor mate!

Phone is ugly tbh, I'm curious to see what the qwerty will be like functionally
    Damn agree! I have been talking the same thing since I saw the first BlackBerry L series leaks.
    Is it just me who think that this BlackBerry L's look is so bad? Cant you see it? What the heck!
    There is no "wow" effect when looking at the SO WAITED, SO WANTED and SO TALKED ABOUT EVER BlackBerry phone! The design is so rubbish, that I cant even think of this being official release. And I wont stop repeating this until I see something different next year, but I doubt it.
    Thorsten, why is this bezel on the top and the bottom of the screen? Thorsten is responsible for this, because without his "yes" to the useless designers creation, that peace of crap wouldnt be a real device. While ago somebody replayed me on the same question saying: "the bezel is not empty space!" Well, of course is not empty space! But do I care? No!
    I m just a fan and I want the device I m waiting for to look competitive to the iPhone 5, Sony Xperia S, LG Optimus G and even SGS 3! So looking at the BlackBerry L... honestly, I dont think is competitive to the phones above.
    Here is simple example of the bezel size difference.
    Also, BlackBerry 10 OS looks pretty well, but for me the look of the phone is more important then the software in it.

New Images of BB London-lseriesbwnewcj.jpg

New Images of BB London-lgoptimus35427825new.jpg
    10-15-12 07:33 PM
    Nothing that we haven't seen before but probably one of the clearest image we have of the upcoming London device. I'm still on the fence about the icon design, especially the text message one. I really hope they get an update before launch.

Attachment 123010Attachment 123013
    *yawn*

Seriously hope this device changes it design.

It looks almost the same from earlier this year.

Nice OS...tacky icons.
    10-15-12 09:07 PM
    Just like on the first iteration of the BB10 OS that all the devs received in the dev-alpha A, RIM has given a very basic interface to allow everyone to see what the OS can do, and how it works. I don't think we'll see the TRUE BB10 until it's officially launched. Microsoft has been doing this with windows phone 8, we've seen some, but not all of BB10. Everyone needs to chill and wait, you've waited this long. Keep picking the lint out of your bellybuttons and wait for the official release.
    10-15-12 09:19 PM
    I'm hoping that there are white and black versions available at launch. I love the textured back on the Playbook and am thinking there will be something similar on the black BB10 device but hope they don't put plastic on the white version. If the white has a nice feel (not too plastic-y) and won't show scratches too much, I'll definitely pick one up!
    10-15-12 09:35 PM
    You are kidding me! I cant believe you are talking seriously... This design is so poor mate!

Damn agree! I have been talking the same thing since I saw the first BlackBerry L series leaks.
    Is it just me who think that this BlackBerry L's look is so bad? Cant you see it? What the heck!
    There is no "wow" effect when looking at the SO WAITED, SO WANTED and SO TALKED ABOUT EVER BlackBerry phone! The design is so rubbish, that I cant even think of this being official release. And I wont stop repeating this until I see something different next year, but I doubt it.
    Thorsten, why is this bezel on the top and the bottom of the screen? Thorsten is responsible for this, because without his "yes" to the useless designers creation, that peace of crap wouldnt be a real device. While ago somebody replayed me on the same question saying: "the bezel is not empty space!" Well, of course is not empty space! But do I care? No!
    I m just a fan and I want the device I m waiting for to look competitive to the iPhone 5, Sony Xperia S, LG Optimus G and even SGS 3! So looking at the BlackBerry L... honestly, I dont think is competitive to the phones above.
    Here is simple example of the bezel size difference.
    Also, BlackBerry 10 OS looks pretty well, but for me the look of the phone is more important then the software in it.

Name:	lseriesbwnewcj.jpg 
Views:	290 
Size:	85.1 KB 
ID:	123143

Name:	lgoptimus35427825new.jpg 
Views:	288 
Size:	106.5 KB 
ID:	123144
    How did you scale this? I'm not saying the bezel isn't larger on the BB but from these pictures (taking in to consideration that the BB is pictured not as close up), they dont look like there is a 1.2" difference..
    10-15-12 09:39 PM
    Idk, I hope this isn't the final hardware ,which it most likely is. I also hope they change the icons ,they don't do the device any justice. They really need to go back to the drawing board. Id rather PlayBook icons and I've been looking at them over a year now.

Also would love a phone with the same finish as the PlayBook,but from what I read that's not possible because of nfc? shame
    No matter how it looks there will always be complaints. Don't complain about the food if you haven't tried it yet....

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    Masahiro and Prince_Poppycock like this.
    10-15-12 09:48 PM
    was playing around with that render from above and i thought to myself.. how sick would a gold BB london be, to the effect of the olympic edition 9900? This would mean that the polycarbonate pieces above and below the screen will have to be brushed aluminum plates of course, but that would be beautiful..

New Images of BB London-untitled-1.jpg
    10-15-12 09:58 PM
142 ... 23456