11-21-12 01:46 PM
142 1234 ...
tools
    Why do those damn things look so thiiiin...
    and considerign they have a removable battery its pretty impressive
    mscooley, 00stryder and mrfreeze like this.
    10-14-12 10:00 PM
    Is it just me or what??? does the bottom and toppart of the phone look like plastic?? Not glass...It kinda makes the phone look cheap I hope I'm wrong cause I really want this phone but it has to have that premium look to it.
    Why would you want the entire front panel to be made of glass? Because tempered glass is most susceptible to breaking when hit on the edge, that would make the screen very vulnerable to shattering, compared to if there's plastic to buffer at least the top and bottom sides. Just check out this study that shows just how many more iPhone4's get damaged, compared to the iPhone3GS' that had thicker bezels.

As for the London, it looks fine in pictures, but it looks even better in the video that was posted a few days ago. I can only imagine what it would actually look and feel like in person.
    10-14-12 10:11 PM
    Why would you want the entire front panel to be made of glass? Because tempered glass is most susceptible to breaking when hit on the edge, that would make the screen very vulnerable to shattering, compared to if there's plastic to buffer at least the top and bottom sides. Just check out this study that shows just how many more iPhone4's get damaged, compared to the iPhone3GS' that had thicker bezels.

As for the London, it looks fine in pictures, but it looks even better in the video that was posted a few days ago. I can only imagine what it would actually look and feel like in person.
    I think it's because of the color/finish difference... maybe if they had a glossy plastic so it looks like its glass. Cause it's glass which is obviously glossy then all of a sudden it's rough looking plastic ( from what I can see anyway) mabe thats the packaging. I don't know lol. I'm still getting the phone regardless but I really do hope it's finish looks premium. It would be the difference between me liking the look of the phone vs me loving the look of the phone!! It's those details. Everyone will be comparing it's looks to the iPhone 5 and although the iPhone 5 kinda looks like the 4s. You can't take away that's it's a good looking phone. So I want that "wow this is a nice looking phone." I guess you can say I have high expectations. I can't wait until this phone come out!! I will be in line for this day one
    lucky--lad likes this.
    10-14-12 10:52 PM
    I am hating those icons more and more. They are so fugly. It's a downgrade from what the PlayBook has, or even BBOS7. I hope they don't knee-cap the UI with those icons.
    lucky--lad likes this.
    10-14-12 11:08 PM
    Yep, I got to use one last night, the top and bottom don't look cheap, and those happy with the grippy back of the Playbook will be happy as well All in all felt great in the hand, and smooth using the OS as well. The screen is astoundingly sharp, and has awesome viewing angles as well, no cheap pentile screen like the Samsung GS3.
    10-14-12 11:10 PM
    And what if (and just, what if) this is not the final design but the special one for developers that someone mentioned at BlackBerry World?
    lucky--lad likes this.
    10-14-12 11:11 PM
    Ugh! Don't like the square icons! Is there any hope we might be able to customize the icons? Would love that.
    lucky--lad and the brother like this.
    10-14-12 11:11 PM
    This is LONDON.
    That's my favourite club in Toronto.
    bbqkid8 likes this.
    10-14-12 11:28 PM
    Yep, I got to use one last night, the top and bottom don't look cheap, and those happy with the grippy back of the Playbook will be happy as well All in all felt great in the hand, and smooth using the OS as well. The screen is astoundingly sharp, and has awesome viewing angles as well, no cheap pentile screen like the Samsung GS3.
    Did the icons look any different on the unit you got to use?
    10-14-12 11:43 PM
    I can't see a speaker grill at the bottom.
    There was a rumour it would have stereo speakers like the PlayBook. Maybe that was the A series.
    10-14-12 11:55 PM
    I think it's because of the color/finish difference... maybe if they had a glossy plastic so it looks like its glass. Cause it's glass which is obviously glossy then all of a sudden it's rough looking plastic ( from what I can see anyway) mabe thats the packaging.
    I personally like the rubberized plastic (which I'm guessing it is, based on the pics and the video). High-gloss plastic attracts fingerprints, and is also very easy to scratch.
    revtech likes this.
    10-15-12 12:03 AM
    Did the icons look any different on the unit you got to use?
    Nope, the icons looked like the videos and leaks so far, the hardware was the final version (not the dev alpha B), but the software was not final, I think they're going with the blocky icons, but I have no insider confirmation on that, just saying what I saw. I held it and an iPhone5 in my hands one after another, and the BB felt just as solid and quality feeling, I'm loving the grippy back, it just makes so much sense. I'm pretty sure people will be happy with how it feels in the hand, and how it looks.
    00stryder likes this.
    10-15-12 12:06 AM
    I personally like the rubberized plastic (which I'm guessing it is, based on the pics and the video). High-gloss plastic attracts fingerprints, and is also very easy to scratch.
    It definitely felt like rubberized plastic on the back, and did not look cheap. Again, it felt good in the hand, don't fret over it not being glass. The top and bottom felt like matte plastic as shown on the leaked Mexico video. Don't know if that's really the final version, but would be happy if it is. And all I was told was that things were on track for launch, so I wouldn't be surprised by a Feb date, but that is a total guess on my part.
    Masahiro likes this.
    10-15-12 12:10 AM
    It definitely felt like rubberized plastic on the back, and did not look cheap. Again, it felt good in the hand, don't fret over it not being glass. The top and bottom felt like matte plastic as shown on the leaked Mexico video. Don't know if that's really the final version, but would be happy if it is. And all I was told was that things were on track for launch, so I wouldn't be surprised by a Feb date, but that is a total guess on my part.
    Thanks for the update! Don't worry. I'm not the one worrying about the lack of glass. I prefer practicality over aesthetics.
    10-15-12 12:24 AM
    Nope, the icons looked like the videos and leaks so far, the hardware was the final version (not the dev alpha B), but the software was not final, I think they're going with the blocky icons, but I have no insider confirmation on that, just saying what I saw. I held it and an iPhone5 in my hands one after another, and the BB felt just as solid and quality feeling, I'm loving the grippy back, it just makes so much sense. I'm pretty sure people will be happy with how it feels in the hand, and how it looks.
    Music to my ears...!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    10-15-12 12:29 AM
    I actually love the rubber on the back of the playbook and would love it on the phone. The plastic im talking about is on the front of the phone at the top and bottom that not so sure about.
    10-15-12 01:02 AM
    thats good to hear i was hopping for a dev alpha type device, i and quite the fan of the look and feel of the playbook and i'm glad to hear it has the same sort of rubberish back
    10-15-12 01:12 AM
    hope these icons aren't finalized they look ugly
    hope this hardware isn't finalized they look fugly

This is my favorite "leaked" design (not taken into consideration are the nice but ridiculous concepts calling for 1billion pixel density on a 0.1 nanometer thin width) because it is the most unique and distinctive. I'm so sick of all the black slabs.
    New Images of BB London-bbx_blackberry_leak.jpg

That said, hurry up and release something, I'm picking up two of whatever you put out, for me and for my dad.
    RevyRah likes this.
    10-15-12 01:28 AM
    Yeah i like that one as well. Also love the icons on it too.
    10-15-12 01:45 AM
    Please don't let those be the final icons.
    10-15-12 07:11 AM
    More cowbell!
    green_ember likes this.
    10-15-12 07:31 AM
    Everyone just relax. The design as shown is par for the course. Its a design that best gives it a shot at success. They don't need some radical design that would turn off as many potential buyers as it would attract. They needed something that was familiar and not a far departure from the very devices that they would have people switch from. Non Blackberry folks have become accustomed to this shape and design so what RIM did was focus more on the UI and and let the software be the difference maker. God willing, when they start to gain back market share, then they can start going a little "artsy?" with the future designs. Remember, this is the phone that is supposed to catch mainstream eyes and have a BB software experience that will re-invigorate RIM's base.
    00stryder and ubizmo like this.
    10-15-12 07:40 AM
    P.S. I love the design, love what I've seen of the UI/Peek/Flow and cannot wait for the damn phone!
    10-15-12 07:42 AM
    Idk, I hope this isn't the final hardware ,which it most likely is. I also hope they change the icons ,they don't do the device any justice. They really need to go back to the drawing board. Id rather PlayBook icons and I've been looking at them over a year now.

Also would love a phone with the same finish as the PlayBook,but from what I read that's not possible because of nfc? shame
    Doesn't the PlayBook 4G LTE have NFC with the same finish?
    00stryder likes this.
    10-15-12 07:51 AM
    I hope the top and bottom as well as the outer band is an anodized aluminum instead of plastic. We know the removable back is supposed to be that soft touch playbook material which is probably a polycarbonate material that will allow the radios and NFC transmissions "flow" freely.
    10-15-12 08:12 AM
142 1234 ...