12-31-13 05:34 PM
77 1234
tools
    Lol I don't know if Dave was a BlackBerry user back then.

Classic BlackBerry joke ha

Posted via CB10
    February 2013. Lol so probably not

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    Rello likes this.
    12-29-13 09:00 PM
    No it hadn't, that's from within the calling app not home screen.
    Not sure in what leak this actually functioning but I assure you this now works on the Q10...and not just from the phone app

Posted via CB10
    12-29-13 09:00 PM
    February 2013. Lol so probably not

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    Rookie lol. No wonder you don't understand the strength of the Legacy experience. (Not necessarily the OS but the UI and features experience)
    12-29-13 09:07 PM
    Not sure in what leak this actually functioning but I assure you this now works on the Q10...and not just from the phone app

Posted via CB10
    Yes I've heard but the photo attached to the post I replied to was from within the calling app, go back and look at it.
    12-29-13 09:09 PM
    None of this is true. This is NOT how BlackBerry operates.

We have already seen the features in 10.2.1 and what you have seen is what you are getting. The early builds contains the changes and the higher builds contain bug fixes and nothing more. There will never be new features added in into the higher builds in case it breaks something and it would be too difficult to push out a quick fix through carriers as they have to test etc which can take weeks to months.
    12-29-13 10:50 PM

We have already seen the features in 10.2.1 and what you have seen is what you are getting. The early builds contains the changes and the higher builds contain bug fixes and nothing more. There will never be new features added in into the higher builds in case it breaks something and it would be too difficult to push out a quick fix through carriers as they have to test etc which can take weeks to months.
    So you're saying Google services and Google play isn't happening right?

Posted via CB10
    12-29-13 10:53 PM
    Is there a actual article on all the features for this official update.

Posted via CB10
    12-29-13 10:54 PM

Posted via CB10
    It won't happen in a 10.2.1 build. You have already seen what is in the 10.2.1 build.
    12-29-13 10:54 PM
    Yes I've heard but the photo attached to the post I replied to was from within the calling app, go back and look at it.
    Brian explained this to you already....

Starting with 10.2.1.1055 they changed the fake in app "speed dial" to real home screen speed dial. You set it up just like the old "speed dial"
    You still set it up in the phone app, like the old speed dial, but it now works from the home screen.

Posted via CB10 on Z10 STL100-2 on EE, UK - Activated on BES10.2
    12-29-13 11:11 PM
    It won't happen in a 10.2.1 build. You have already seen what is in the 10.2.1 build.
    Secretly I am hoping you could be wrong just hoping some of the other things discussed here including the Google Play will be a late minute surprise added in

You can't hate me for wishing and hoping.
    12-30-13 02:04 AM

Posted via CB10
    Wasn't this already denied by BlackBerry?
    12-30-13 02:22 AM
    Secretly I am hoping you could be wrong just hoping some of the other things discussed here including the Google Play will be a late minute surprise added in

You can't hate me for wishing and hoping.
    The problem is when people turn round and whine at BB for not including something that was never intended to be in the release based on unfounded rumours and guesses.
    12-30-13 04:39 AM

BBIN is actually a pretty reputable site. It might even be bigger than CB. If they're reporting this, it may be because they have actual sources on it.

BTW, most of these features are on the camera, and it's very easy to imagine that it's being developed separately from the rest of the OS.
    HUNTZODIAC and Mr.mister like this.
    12-30-13 05:14 AM
    Wasn't this already denied by BlackBerry?
    Let's back this up a bit.

If GPlay actually IS offered on BB10, it will mean that the relationship between BB and Google has changed significantly. This is a development that would need to be announced, and not without a little fanfare.

It's totally possible that a deal is in the works and both parties are denying it. That happens in business all the time.

Not saying I believe this is the case, but I wouldn't assume a denial to be true just because the company says it is.
    12-30-13 05:17 AM
    I think BlackBerry have been quite clever in releasing new features over time. If they released them all straight away from the go then they would have nothing to release going forward. BB10 was already a revolutionary OS when it first came out. The fact it failed to inspire a seismic shift in the smartphone market is because the competition was already at a high standard.

BlackBerry need to develop a social revolution that would be exclusive on its platform and is enough to inspire people to change. They need to develop the next Facebook that was to Myspace or the next BBM that was to MSN Messenger. But when your competitors like Google have such fierce control over the internet marketplace its very hard to make a comeback because all those sites that people use everyday have now been developed and bought out by the californian giant.

It's not impossible to develop a new invention, just in these market times its very unlikely to happen. You also have the issue of Microsoft who have billions of pounds behind them.
    12-30-13 07:35 AM
    Let's back this up a bit.

If GPlay actually IS offered on BB10, it will mean that the relationship between BB and Google has changed significantly. This is a development that would need to be announced, and not without a little fanfare.

It's totally possible that a deal is in the works and both parties are denying it. That happens in business all the time.

Not saying I believe this is the case, but I wouldn't assume a denial to be true just because the company says it is.
    One of the biggest reasons for me to stay with BlackBerry was to stay away from Google. If this happens, it's bye bye BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-13 11:54 AM
    One of the biggest reasons for me to stay with BlackBerry was to stay away from Google. If this happens, it's bye bye BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Then plain and simple, do not download any of the apps that are offered. You will have a choice and not be forced into anything. It will be your own risk, and up to you if you choose to download something that BB does not offer but you will able to get elsewhere
    12-30-13 12:45 PM
    Then plain and simple, do not download any of the apps that are offered. You will have a choice and not be forced into anything. It will be your own risk, and up to you if you choose to download something that BB does not offer but you will able to get elsewhere
    Youre forgetting about all the android apps that make up most of Appworld.
    12-30-13 12:56 PM
    Youre forgetting about all the android apps that make up most of Appworld.
    I think u mean "some" not most. I will gladly apologize if u show more something proving that over 51% of apps are ports

Posted via CB10
    12-30-13 02:50 PM
    They need to develop the next Facebook that was to Myspace or the next BBM that was to MSN Messenger.
    The sad thing is they invented BBM when everybody else was Instant Messaging sat in front of PCs and laptops. They were in a prime position to own the smartphone IM market and make money from it when the consumerisation of smartphones began. One of their co-founders and co-CEOs, Jim Balsille, saw this opportunity and tried to push BBM as a cross platform money making carrier product to replace SMS texting.

Narrow minded inward looking backwards thinking people at BlackBerry like Mike Lazaridis and Thorsten Heins who were locked in a Corporate mental-bubble didn't agree and did their best to kill the project off until Thorsten succeeded in killing it when he became CEO. And then a year later he announced that BBM would actually go cross platform after all after wasting the last years arguing against it. Only this time with no revenue stream from it at a time when BlackBerry was and still is hemorrhaging money.

BlackBerry could have taken the smartphone IM market for themselves without much of a fight in 2010 and actually profited from it but their own bumbling, inward looking bipolar management structure made sure it could never get off the ground.

As a result BBM has languished in an ever decreasing pond of quirky BlackBerry OS phones. This gave BlackBerry little incentive to keep up with their competitors as BBOS users seem inexplicablely willing put up with overly restricted features such as a limit of 6MB per file transfer, only 30 members in a group and, until recently now there's BB10 but still on BBOS, horribly compressed photo transfers even in 2013 with 3G, 4G and cheap multi-GigaByte data plans.

You only have to read the conclusions of the Android and iOS versions of BBM by people on this forum to see how "nothing special" and "how is this better than Kik or WhatsApp?" the initial cross platform release is with those restrictions (full quality photos at last though but then feature is hidden away so nobody realises). And yet that's almost the feature set that BBM on BBOS has plodded along with for years and years, WiFi calling aside which only came out a year ago. And it's been proven time after time to BlackBerry's chagrin that average consumers don't give two hoots about "security" and "privacy".

OK the restrictions in BBM still have some relevance in emerging markets where data networks are years behind the developed world and expensive. But only for so long and why should that hold BBM back for everybody else?

Meanwhile BBM's smartphone IM competitors have jumped out of the ponds, sailed the Oceans, found new Continents and conquered them. BlackBerry only have themselves to blame.

Posted via CB10 on Z10 STL100-2 on EE, UK - Activated on BES10.2
    12-30-13 06:44 PM
    I've got several android apps which work well and are immensely useful. Its not the apps that are a worry, but the integration at OS level. Stuff like Google Now, signed in Maps, etc. Guess we have to trust BlackBerry to do the right thing if it gets to that.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-13 10:01 PM
    I've got several android apps which work well and are immensely useful. Its not the apps that are a worry, but the integration at OS level. Stuff like Google Now, signed in Maps, etc. Guess we have to trust BlackBerry to do the right thing if it gets to that.

Posted via CB10
    One step at a time. They need to make a deal with Google if they want Google play services. We will see what Chen will do about that.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    12-30-13 10:03 PM
    I 100% believe that MOST* of the leaks, are controlled by BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    It's similar back in the day with Prince and his bootlegs. He was known underground for knowing certain bootlegs were out. And somehow they found their way to the fans (fanatics) of the product.

It's also a nice little reward. Only the diehards will seekout. So yeah, they just happenly come by. And what better way to truly 'market' test than real users who take it on and find the everyday issues that may arise.

Perhaps good things will come to those who wait.

(hold out on Q10 T-Mobile (US) 10.1.0.4200) stuck on a Mac w/VM Ware.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by BB_BxNyc; 12-31-13 at 05:41 AM.
    12-30-13 11:27 PM
    I do remember a few months back when Google said that they would develop their apps for BB10 only if the user base grows significantly

Posted via CB10
    12-31-13 12:25 PM
    I do remember a few months back when Google said that they would develop their apps for BB10 only if the user base grows significantly

Posted via CB10
    They still have a chance to do that. Let's see how Chen's plans will go.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    12-31-13 12:34 PM
77 1234