This new keyboard seems good but having it with ur device at all times I'm guessing a way to fix this 2 piece issue is to slide the keyboard also from behind , it will be like a sledge style that fix the grip on edges so it can be slided infront or take it off and flip device and slide it from behind, this way u can have this keyboard as a 1piece so u don't lose it by handling another accessory (when using the device touchscreen at fullscale)

The idea is to be able to watch videos at fullscreen with keyboard aswell

The photo patent is here BlackBerry secures patents for a physical keyboard that overlays a touchscreen - IntoMobile
    03-09-14 06:54 AM
    So this would mean that the keyboard will have to be removed every time you want to just browse. Does not look like a very practical and productive solution. Of course it's a patent and can be improved upon by making changes to the hardware and software

Posted via CB10
    03-09-14 07:00 AM
    Isn't this similar to the keyboard attachment for the iPhone?

Forgot it's name, iType? Typo?

"The company?s newly filed patent talks about a physical keyboard that somehow overlays a touch sensitive display, potentially bringing the Q10-like experience to the Z10 and Z30 owners. "

Posted via CB10
    03-09-14 07:07 AM

Forgot it's name, iType?

"The company?s newly filed patent talks about a physical keyboard that somehow overlays a touch sensitive display, potentially bringing the Q10-like experience to the Z10 and Z30 owners. "

Posted via CB10
    The Typo keyboard for iPhone is placed beneath the display, not over it.

--------------------

Screen Timeout app - keep your BB10 screen awake as long as you need
    imz likes this.
    03-09-14 07:10 AM

Forgot it's name, iType? Typo?

Posted via CB10
    Nopes... not similar at all. Typo is what it's called. Typo does not overlay the touch screen.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-14 07:20 AM
    Here's a drawn idea of what I meant in my first post
    03-09-14 01:08 PM
    finallly, i've been asking for this since the typo concept came out at the beginning of last year.

Thank you Blackberry, when this comes out I'll buy a Z30 probably on the same day as that or what ever high end all touch device is out.

For now I will just keep my Q10 with the tiny screen
    03-09-14 06:53 PM
    So this would mean that the keyboard will have to be removed every time you want to just browse. Does not look like a very practical and productive solution. Of course it's a patent and can be improved upon by making changes to the hardware and software

Posted via CB10
    I agree. I don't like that at all. Doesn't look practical.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    03-09-14 07:25 PM
    It probably serves as a preemptive patent to protect themselves from a company creating another typo like device

Posted via CB10
    03-09-14 10:05 PM
    It probably serves as a preemptive patent to protect themselves from a company creating another typo like device

Posted via CB10
    You may be right. If that's the case then it's a good idea. Ensure that nobody else can steal BlackBerry ideas.

03-09-14 11:43 PM

For all who says this isn't practical are wrong, look it's just a patent and the image clearly is astonishing perhaps ur not creative enough to see the bulk concept to be more then just shaders, I see it in wonders of what this can be for blackberry.
    03-09-14 11:57 PM
    http://i60.tinypic.com/15g74zp.png

For all who says this isn't practical are wrong, look it's just a patent and the image clearly is astonishing perhaps ur not creative enough to see the bulk concept to be more then just shaders, I see it in wonders of what this can be for blackberry.
    Sorry, still don't see it as being something I want.

If what you want is a physical QWERTY that doesn't cover the screen, then why not just go with a traditional slider?

03-10-14 12:05 AM
    I'm not here to quote but better think before replies everyone since I like to keep my threads clean of nickolodeaners, firstly this is a patent, and a slider like u say is more bulkier design then this patent image, this is really innovative from BlackBerry because it can handle as a stand to watch videos, u guys don't seem to read my first post or blind with ur own narrow opinions before thinking logical and widestream in the technology world we"re in, this patent can be many things,

Let me point out ur mistakes .. ur first impression was a cover that kills screen size and when browsing u have to take it off to have use of ur full touch screen which isn't practical if this is the case I agree, but since this is my thread I have given my perspective in how it looks and seems and not ur narrowed down vision.

I repeat, this will not shade screen when used flipped as the image I showed , this can help BlackBerry to stand when at landscape for watching videos
    03-10-14 12:51 AM
    I'm not here to quote but better think before replies everyone since I like to keep my threads clean of nickolodeaners, firstly this is a patent, and a slider like u say is more bulkier design then this patent image, this is really innovative from BlackBerry because it can handle as a stand to watch videos, u guys don't seem to read my first post or blind with ur own narrow opinions before thinking logical and widestream in the technology world we"re in, this patent can be many things,

Let me point out ur mistakes .. ur first impression was a cover that kills screen size and when browsing u have to take it off to have use of ur full touch screen which isn't practical if this is the case I agree, but since this is my thread I have given my perspective in how it looks and seems and not ur narrowed down vision.

I repeat, this will not shade screen when used flipped as the image I showed , this can help BlackBerry to stand when at landscape for watching videos
    Sorry, I still don't think it would be a feature I would want.

Clearly you're very passionate about this design and that's great. I'm not trying to come down on that. I'm just expressing my opinion that it wouldn't be a feature I would want.

03-10-14 01:32 AM