Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    Have you folks heard about the new 8830 being offered by Verizon shortly? If not, read my post here:

RIM and Verizon Announce World's First Global CDMA/GSM BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com

If you have any thoughts or pictures of this new model... Please post them here!
    04-25-07 11:20 AM
    Not too sure, yet, how I feel about this device. I think the colour bothers me...

Am just glad am not with Verizon. Can't stand their customer service...

04-25-07 12:23 PM
    Acutally I haven't had any issues so far with customer service. I just got off the phone with them going over my plan and some issues I've had with my bill, in the end, I ended up with a $200 credit on my bill and a plan that's saving me over $100 a month.

Edit: and I know my son's going to hate this but he's giving up his Blackberry for a regular phone now, cutting costs sucks on all ends at times and he's going to need to learn to txt on a regular phone now. I have a feeling that I'm going to be coming home sometime this week to a VERY pissed off 10 yr old son.
    Last edited by audit01; 04-25-07 at 12:40 PM.
    04-25-07 12:36 PM
    Looks great. Mara posted it early this morning. This is a good thing for Verizon.
    04-25-07 05:36 PM
    Went to the WIREFLY website and kept reading over and over again about the features of the BB 8300. Have been using a BB 7130e since '05 and want to get a second BB.

Such a tough decision as to which one to get. It's bad enough that I have to wait for these two models to be released.

Being the CrackBerry addict that I am, I hope I don't have a nervous breakdown trying to decide. But what a way to go!!

CarBob
    04-25-07 06:58 PM
    Looks like Bell Mobility is on the bandwagon now

BlackBerry - BlackBerry Press Releases
    04-26-07 10:35 AM
    Looks like Bell Mobility is on the bandwagon now

BlackBerry - BlackBerry Press Releases
    Kasper,

Was very glad when I saw RIM's April 25/07 Press Release announcing that BELL MOBILITY is expected to have the BB 8830 available this summer!!

BELL doesn't usually move this fast.

It's rumoured that ROGERS might be getting the BB 8300 but don't know when.

What a summer it's going to be for CrackBerrys this year!!

CarBob
    04-26-07 07:49 PM
    Have you folks heard about the new 8830 being offered by Verizon shortly?

If you have any thoughts or pictures of this new model... Please post them here!

I just purchased a BlackBerry 8703e from Verizon a month ago. (Love it! My first one. ) Now I'm kicking myself for not waiting a bit longer for the 8830... I wouldn't mind having the media player, plus the international coverage.

Perhaps this is a dumb question, but can those of us with other models sign up for the "Global BlackBerry service" that will be available through Verizon May 14 ???
    04-27-07 03:29 PM
    Hmm, I wonder! Hopefully someone who works for Verizon or a dealer will be along shortly to answer that question...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-27-07 03:34 PM
    I just purchased a BlackBerry 8703e from Verizon a month ago. (Love it! My first one. ) Now I'm kicking myself for not waiting a bit longer for the 8830... I wouldn't mind having the media player, plus the international coverage.

Perhaps this is a dumb question, but can those of us with other models sign up for the "Global BlackBerry service" that will be available through Verizon May 14 ???
    Possibly, but not sure it would do you much good since the 8703e is CDMA device only.
    04-28-07 03:55 PM
    I just talked to my buddy that works for verizon I.T. department and said that they will not be able to do the Global Service because as kasper stated before this is just CDMA. Hope this helps!!!
    04-28-07 06:24 PM
    I just talked to my buddy that works for verizon I.T. department and said that they will not be able to do the Global Service because as kasper stated before this is just CDMA. Hope this helps!!!
    Thanks all. Since I just bought the 8703e from Verizon, I guess I'll have to try hard to resist the temptation to upgrade right away.
    04-29-07 04:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD