04-19-15 11:12 PM
235 12345 ...
tools
    I never said I was against regulation. I am emphatically stating that there is no place or need for the Gov to do it. I hope no one says that over and over again like the weapons of mass destruction line...

I have no issues with my ISP. Only those who cannot afford high speed Internet or think the price is too high for their blood want the Gov to "help" them. High speed Internet is not a right nor necessity. Dial-up services are available and affordable. Many used it before high speed Internet.

Just like BlackBerry. If you don't like it go somewhere else for your needs. Complaining about how you wish for fairness and the Gov to give it to you is not the way to go. It's beneath the human condition.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-15 09:12 AM
    Yes. Because anyone that has a business should be able to control that business and not be forced to provide services to those who cannot afford to pay.
    And yet ANOTHER subject change. Net nuetrality has nothing to do with being forced to provide services to those that can't afford to pay. Sounds like....just like Rand Paul....you are confused about what net neutrality actually is.

The Gov wants to get a piece of that pie just like every other industry touched by them.
    Of what pie? What peice? The government is not proposing ANYTHING like this. Does this hocus pocus actually work on people you know? (These aren't the droids you're looking for....." )

Yes. I make that same argument about water utilities. Has your bill gone down since the advent of Gov interference or gone up?
    What bill? Try to make a cohesive argument before posing random questions. But I can say that since the government de-regulated cable TV....bills have gone through the roof in the last decade.

Or have you had more issues?

More issues of what?

The only change I see is that before gov interference, water was free. Now everyone here in NY has to have a water (smart) meter to enforce payments and the institution of fluoridated water. LoL
    You're joking, right?

Water.....is still free. You can walk down to the river and stuck a bucket into it and drink if if you'd like. It may actually be reasonably clean depending on how much the evil government (aka the People) have be able to regulate the poor old companies from destroying it.

Water distribution systems........networks of pipes and pumps and water treatment.....has NEVER been free.

You are delusional.

Now everyone here in NY has to have a water (smart) meter to enforce payments and the institution of fluoridated water. LoL
    Posted via CB10
    So, wait, now you're endorsing that people become deadbeats and not pay for services? You switch positions faster than Ted Cruz signed up for the ACA.
    03-26-15 09:14 AM
    You'd make one hell of a great Comcast CEO.
    Not interested. I work for a company and as a free agent. I also do own a small business and it's all about competition. Compete or die. Simple. Gov has offered me many loan proposals and I refuse them. Why? Because the price they want to be paid in regards to intrusive busy body information gathering and certain things I must do to get money from them would make me a slave. I work for me to earn capital, not the Gov for their handouts.

I see the same arguments here about using BBM over WhatsApp. Some think the price is too much to pay to use their services. I cannot disagree with them if they feel that way.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-15 09:18 AM
    I never said I was against regulation.
    Actually you did it several times.

I am emphatically stating that there is no place or need for the Gov to do it.

There....you just did it again.

I hope no one says that over and over again like the weapons of mass destruction line...
    Uh, what?

I have no issues with my ISP. Only those who cannot afford high speed Internet or think the price is too high for their blood want the Gov to "help" them. High speed Internet is not a right nor necessity. Dial-up services are available and affordable. Many used it before high speed Internet.
    NONE of this has anything to do due with net neutrality. Do you even know what that means? Do you even know what you're talking about?

Just like BlackBerry. If you don't like it go somewhere else for your needs.
    Ha, that's funny. The ENTIRE REASON that utilities are regulated is because you have not choice to go somewhere else for your needs. Is that you Sarah?

Complaining about how you wish for fairness and the Gov to give it to you is not the way to go. It's beneath the human condition.

Posted via CB10
    Keep changing the subject to this empty talking point if you wish. It continues to demonstrate to everyone reading your words that you have no idea about even the basic details of this subject that you're complaining about.
    03-26-15 09:21 AM
    I can't wait for the Gov to force ISPs to go bankrupt (which will be the ISPs bogus excuse) because they had to provide services at an even keel to all people with upgrades and so forth.

Then the bail-outs will begin because they will be deemed too big to fail. LoloL

We will all pay.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-15 09:21 AM
    Net neutrality has everything to do with resource allocation. That is why the phrase "neutrality" is used. It is because there can not be any tiers of service or one having more or something better than others.

We cannot have apps on BlackBerry so we have to write letters to Congress asking for apps to be "neutral", so we can have them also.

I stop when I see a red light blinking. LoL

Posted via CB10
    03-26-15 09:26 AM
    Compete or die.
    Unless you're an ISP. Then it's "sue or die".

Gov has offered me many loan proposals and I refuse them. Why? Because the price they want to be paid in regards to intrusive busy body information gathering and certain things I must do to get money from them would make me a slave.
    You mean the same info a private bank would ask you? Oh, I get it. If a private bank needs your basic info to determine if you are a good investment to protect their business.....that's fine. But if the government wants that exact same info.....they are "busy body". Got it.

I work for me to earn capital, not the Gov for their handouts.
    Except every time you drive a car on a road. Or pick up a telephone. Or get on a plane. Or eat food. Or drink water. You're consuming a government "hand out".

I see the same arguments here about using BBM over WhatsApp. Some think the price is too much to pay to use their services. I cannot disagree with them if they feel that way.

Posted via CB10
    BBM is free.

Please proceed, Governor.
    03-26-15 09:26 AM
    can't wait to see how this ends!
    03-26-15 09:28 AM
    The subject is...

Nothing good can come from Gov interference. What you want to change the subject to is your issue, not mine.

Has any of your bills gone down since Gov regulation took place, or have they just gone up every year?

Posted via CB10
    03-26-15 09:28 AM
    I can't wait for the Gov to force ISPs to go bankrupt (which will be the ISPs bogus excuse) because they had to provide services at an even keel to all people with upgrades and so forth.
    In other words..........do it the same way they've been doing it for decades and making healthy profits. Got it.

Net neutrality has everything to do with resource allocation. That is why the phrase "neutrality" is used. It is because there can not be any tiers of service or one having more or something better than others.
    WRONG.

You clearly.........as we can all see in your writings......have no idea what net neutrality IS.

It has nothing to do with "tiers of service" for consumers. It has to do with the ISP's charging from BOTH SIDES, and essentially taking bribes to allows SOME data to take priority over OTHER data regardless of what that consumer wants. Net Neutrality PROTECTS you, unless of course you own an ISP that wants to double dip.

We cannot have apps on BlackBerry so we have to write letters to Congress asking for apps to be "neutral", so we can have them also.
    Who is this "we" you are taking about"? One person......a business man, did that.

I stop when I see a red light blinking. LoL
    Posted via CB10
    When in doubt....change the subject, make some cheesy reference to someone's screen name, and laugh nervously. You're not on AM radio....those methods don't have as much impact here.
    03-26-15 09:34 AM
    Unless you're an ISP. Then it's "sue or die".

You mean the same info a private bank would ask you? Oh, I get it. If a private bank needs your basic info to determine if you are a good investment to protect their business.....that's fine. But if the government wants that exact same info.....they are "busy body". Got it.

Except every time you drive a car on a road. Or pick up a telephone. Or get on a plane. Or eat food. Or drink water. You're consuming a government "hand out".

BBM is free.

It's sue to keep your own business your business, and not be told what to do.

Banks are not private when they are FDIC Insured. They have to report to the Gov. And they become too big to fail, so we the people have to bail them out. No one gave me any money.

That business... You didn't build that...

I said the price to pay for using WhatsApp. It's intrusion.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-15 09:34 AM
    The subject is...

Nothing good can come from Gov interference.
    Except all of the things I listed the FIRST time you said that and subsequently ignored...

What you want to change the subject to is your issue, not mine.

You don't even know what the subject is...... (HINT: you wrote it in the title of the thread you created and proceeded to ignore it).

T

Has any of your bills gone down since Gov regulation took place, or have they just gone up every year?
    Ahh.....so there it is. You don't care about safety, or quality, or access or anthing else that has helped this country grow and prosper. You only care about how cheap it is. Again, you can go to many other places in the world that have nice, cheap prices and no pesky regulations. Some even have cool suicide nets on their buildings. I'm sure they will welcome you.
    03-26-15 09:38 AM
    And so based on this logic.......you don't believe in ANY LAWS AT ALL.

Banks are not private when they are FDIC Insured. They have to report to the Gov. And they become too big to fail, so we the people have to bail them out. No one gave me any money.

What does this subject change have to do with giving a bank (and not a government agency) you private info when applying for a loan?

That business... You didn't build that...
    Actually, you didn't. No business in the USA (or other civilized countries) existed in a vacuum. It existed in an environment that it benefited from. Now....simple minded chanters at rallies may fall for the Kindergarten logic that is dangled like candy and attempts to mock that statement, but reasonable people understand history and can think on slightly deeper levels.

I said the price to pay for using WhatsApp. It's intrusion.
    Posted via CB10
    You said BBM. How is paying a price for a service an intrusion? Do you think that your own business should not have this option?

We are now entering the desperate stage....so predictable.

03-26-15 09:44 AM
    All this was, was a power grab by the government to control content. End of story. They only want you to believe they care about you so you don't throw a fit about it. Pretty much everything big brother touches turns to crap for the people.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-15 09:44 AM
    Except all of the things I listed the FIRST time you said that and subsequently ignored...

You don't even know what the subject is...... (HINT: you wrote it in the title of the thread you created and proceeded to ignore it).

Ahh.....so there it is. You don't care about safety, or quality, or access or anthing else that has helped this country grow and prosper. You only care about how cheap it is. Again, you can go to many other places in the world that have nice, cheap prices and no pesky regulations. Some even have cool suicide nets on their buildings. I'm sure they will welcome you.
    Net neutrality is nonsense created by those who can't compete so they ask the Gov for handouts. That is the subject. Which is why the title state my opinion on it. I'm happy it's being challenged.

You have no idea my position on any safety matters at all so why try to act like you do?

Did I ever say anything about safety? No. But I have spoken about financial responsibility. Don't use services that you cannot pay for! And don't ask the Gov to redistribute the services of others. Simple.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-15 09:45 AM
    can't wait to see how this ends!
    It always ends the same way:

1. Extremist talks in circles and changes subjects and positions as needed, many time contradicting his own positions.

2. Thread gets closed.

But the warm glow of hot lights on these folks and watching the butter melt is always fascinating. It's like a study in physiology.
    03-26-15 09:53 AM
    All this was, was a power grab by the government to control content. End of story.
    You have no idea you're you're talking about.

It's the OPPOSITE of that. You do know what the word "neutral" means......don't you?

The ISP's want to control the content. The government simply wants the ISP's to NOT do that....to protect YOU!!!!

They only want you to believe they care about you so you don't throw a fit about it.
    Very well thought out argument.

Pretty much everything big brother touches turns to crap for the people.

Posted via CB10
    Except all the things I mentioned above. How ironic that you're typing that message on the internet that was, and still is, assisted by government to flourish, and being protected by government so your data still gets though instead waiting on the side for a netflix movie to play.

You should send a thank you note to Big Brother for your ability to demonstrate your ignorance so freely.
    03-26-15 09:57 AM
    Net neutrality is nonsense created by those who can't compete so they ask the Gov for handouts. That is the subject. Which is why the title state my opinion on it. I'm happy it's being challenged.
    Thanks for confirming that you have no idea what net neutrality is.

You have no idea my position on any safety matters at all so why try to act like you do?
    Because you've openly stated it. You don't believe in it if the government is somehow involved.

Did I ever say anything about safety? No.
    Of course you didn't..........because that weakens your argument. When you're shown to be against ALL things the government brings you....INCLUDING SAFETY, that makes you look like an anarchist.

But I have spoken about financial responsibility. Don't use services that you cannot pay for! And don't ask the Gov to redistribute the services of others. Simple.

Posted via CB10

In other words.........change the subject to something completely off topic in a desperate attempt to justify your thread.

03-26-15 10:02 AM
    OK. That's what you think. Can't wait for the grasp of Gov to reach you personally.

Will anyone revisit this thread 10 years from now when we won't be able to have international commerce on the Internet without paying exorbitant fees to the Gov. Or better yet, when all of the consolidation of Gov says you can't communicate with relatives in Iran or China without a special permit. Lolol.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-15 10:08 AM
    Stop this ride. I want to get off.
    rthonpm and gvs1341 like this.
    03-26-15 10:11 AM
    OK. That's what you think. Can't wait for the grasp of Gov to reach you personally.
    I didn't state what I think. I stated what Net Neutrality actually IS. Perhaps you could use your NET to look it up!

The "grasp" of government is what will allow me to to continue to press the "submit" button on this web site and have it appear in a timely manner, instead of waiting for my neighbor to finish watching Californication on Netflix. I'm thirsty. I think I'll get some nice clean water that the grasp of government forced on me.

Will anyone revisit this thread 10 years from now when we won't be able to have international commerce on the Internet without paying exorbitant fees to the Gov.
    Wow. The levels of desperation are......predictably....getting to epic proportions. Better dip into the good stuff now, you're butter is almost melted.

Or better yet, when all of the consolidation of Gov says you can't communicate with relatives in Iran or China without a special permit. Lolol.

Posted via CB10
    Keep changing the subject.

"Ch...ch....ch....ch changes..."
    - David Bowie
    Captain_Hilts likes this.
    03-26-15 10:17 AM
    Lol. That's the thing about Gov intrusion. It just grows. It never diminishes. And the ride is forced upon you whether you like it or not. Good thing you can get off this thread "ride" by your own choice.

Posted via CB10
    Stop this ride. I want to get off.
    Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
    Lol. That's the thing about Gov intrusion. It just grows. It never diminishes. And the ride is forced upon you whether you like it or not. Good thing you can get off this thread "ride" by your own choice.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, you have the choice to go to places free of over bearing governments, and freedom to make your own life. Places like.....China.

Strangely, people around the world don't know how good they've got it and keep flocking here instead. You keep up the good work and let 'em know what a mistake they're making.
    03-26-15 10:18 AM
    This is in error.

There can still be tiers of service, and will be. Network owners can charge for different levels of bandwidth usage, and charge you for overages. They cannot block, throttle, or otherwise regulate network traffic for non-technical reasons, and they cannot target surcharges on top of regular bandwidth charges at specific users (like Netflix).

If I pay for my bandwidth (and I pay more for extra data because I have high usage and don't want to exceed my cap), and nexflix is paying for its bandwidth, what justification is there for charging either party even more -- or throttling traffic for non-technical reasons (technical reasons would include network overload, repairs, etc.)?

If this was a bad ruling, I would say so, and yet still support the principle of well-thought-out regulation. But it's a good use of the power to regulate.

I think it's clear at this point, however, that you haven't read the ruling, and that your conversation with redlightblinking shows that you're ideologically opposed to the concept of any regulation, regardless of whether it's well-conceived or not.
    Last edited by Shuswap; 03-29-15 at 09:17 AM. Reason: clarity
    03-26-15 10:21 AM
235 12345 ...