06-15-14 12:52 AM
163 1234 ...
tools
    The biggest feature that looked cool to me was that you can totally use the phone from your computer. That's a big deal, nobody has really done that properly yet, BlackBerry appears to be working on it, but now Apple has done it, and done it well. I don't see myself ever getting another iOS device, but the fact that you can answer a phone call your phone is getting or send an SMS from your phone using only your computer, even if it's not in the room, is pretty awesome. That's major productivity gains there.
    06-02-14 04:02 PM
    Apple just took that 1:1 as "their" innovations - that makes me angry.
    It's not getting things from great ideas - it's about taking ideas 1:1 and telling people that it's from them!
    Where or when did Apple declare those to be "their innovations"? I haven't seen Apple make that claim for quite a while now. Steve Jobs was notorious for that type of behavior, but that's been a while now.

Sure Apple demoed their added features... but where did they say "Lookit what we invented!"

Sent from my T100TA using Tapatalk
    Dookieman and tack like this.
    06-02-14 04:02 PM
    It's funny. Ios gets is as if the world now gets it. I am angered that what ios release becomes innovative and new. Quick reply has been with us for ages.. but apple will ( the ones to claim the trophy.

And it's not as if apple are making it better. They r just implementing it. No improvement to bb10s quick reply. Never mind

Posted via CB10
    06-02-14 04:07 PM
    It's funny. Ios gets is as if the world now gets it. I am angered that what ios release becomes innovative and new. Quick reply has been with us for ages.. but apple will ( the ones to claim the trophy.

And it's not as if apple are making it better. They r just implementing it. No improvement to bb10s quick reply. Never mind

Posted via CB10

it's been on other devices for a very long time, windows phone, android and even palm all had this literally over 5 years ago. I'm really looking forward to the next group of BB phones, but it's still obviously catch up for them. The things that Apple and Google and Microsoft are setting up are way past what we're anticipating with BB10. So much so it's not really worth comparing. BB can't compete with them, probably will never be able to.
    Last edited by katiepea; 06-02-14 at 04:22 PM.
    06-02-14 04:10 PM

Posted via CB10
    Well, Apple's quick reply works on both Facebook and email message while BB10 don't.
    06-02-14 04:13 PM
    Sadly BlackBerry isn't even on the radar for 95% plus of the population. Unless BlackBerry comes up with a miracle app or function that will never change. It was game over for BlackBerry when they delayed BB10 for a year back in 2012.

Apple will get credit for these "apple innovations". That is life.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-14 04:13 PM
    Where or when did Apple declare those to be "their innovations"? I haven't seen Apple make that claim for quite a while now. Steve Jobs was notorious for that type of behavior, but that's been a while now.

Sure Apple demoed their added features... but where did they say "Lookit what we invented!"

Sent from my T100TA using Tapatalk
    "We are bringing to you... " and "iOS8 will have Quick Reply as a new feature" is telling people that Apple brings that to the mobile platform.

BBs market share is below 5% and there are not that many people out there who know that much about BB10.

Try convince Apple users (especially the ones in their early 20s) that BBM was there before iMessage & WhatsApp.
    If you don't know where it was before (and didn't have success) - the one who brings it to the people will earn that success.

I know that Blackberry did not invent all the things I wrote above.
    But they made it their way and to a big part of that ecosystem like no one before!

So if you or anyone else will tell me that all those are things others like Android already have in the same style and so on...
    What makes Blackberry so special and why should I stick with OS10?!

No, for me it's a BIG difference between Android, webOS etc. and how it's put together!
    Blackberry made it a unique way, like how the brought those toast notifications and the hub and message preview etc.

Apple just puts: Copy & Paste to all those good things even how they are made up.
    And people think it comes from Apple.
    SabarishElango likes this.
    06-02-14 04:14 PM
    Putting the petty thought aside, what Apple implemented has major implications. The health kit, homekit and touchID kit will really define the next phase of growth for Apple and the industry themselves. It is not just about the smart phone anymore. A device that enables and control everything around us is the next phases. Continuity is what ties PC to smart phones and make everything works like a whole. This is clearly how ecosystem will be defined in the future.
    tack likes this.
    06-02-14 04:19 PM
    "We are bringing to you... " and "iOS8 will have Quick Reply as a new feature" is telling people that Apple brings that to the mobile platform.
    No. All it's saying is that they're bringing new features to iOS users. And for iOS users, those are new features. If you're interpreting those statements as "Look what Apple has invented!" then you're simply reading too much into a benign statement.
    06-02-14 04:21 PM

BBs market share is below 5% and there are not that many people out there who know that much about BB10.

Try convince Apple users (especially the ones in their early 20s) that BBM was there before iMessage & WhatsApp.
    If you don't know where it was before (and didn't have success) - the one who brings it to the people will earn that success.

I know that Blackberry did not invent all the things I wrote above.
    But they made it their way and to a big part of that ecosystem like no one before!

So if you or anyone else will tell me that all those are things others like Android already have in the same style and so on...
    What makes Blackberry so special and why should I stick with OS10?!

No, for me it's a BIG difference between Android, webOS etc. and how it's put together!
    Blackberry made it a unique way, like how the brought those toast notifications and the hub and message preview etc.

Apple just puts: Copy & Paste to all those good things even how they are made up.
    And people think it comes from Apple.
    The hub is a pretty original concept itself, toast / quick reply isn't. In fact the way BB implemented it is pretty much identical to windows phone which had it years ago. As for reasons to stay on bb10? do you like your device if so keep it, if not don't. There shouldn't need to be a compiled list of reasons, especially produced by someone that isn't you, as to why you should stay with a device. Loyalty is silly, either it's for you or it isn't.
    Attachment 275619

That is what the interactive notification on iOS8 looks like. I definitely think it is time for BlackBerry to use those attorneys that they have on the payroll and file some law suits... It is a blatant copy of what BlackBerry designed. Mr. Chen and his team really need to step up and defend BlackBerry's image. Sadly I do not think that BlackBerry has any patent on this particular feature (that should be check) but nevertheless it is not possible that every time iOS "invent" new features copying from the existing OS!!!!! It is SO frustrating!!!
    Case and point I just quickly glanced this and thought it was bb10. they should get litt up! (couldn't resist the suits reference haha)

Posted via CB10
    I enjoyed the keynote and pleased that at least now I know if blackberry goes bankrupt I can get a very similar experience with ios if I have to switch.
    06-02-14 04:23 PM
    This is what's is called catch up. Apple just added all the things that already exist. But will they all work efficiently. It looks good but we also don't know what the reset of the market has in store for the new products.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-14 04:24 PM
    Case and point I just quickly glanced this and thought it was bb10. they should get litt up! (couldn't resist the suits reference haha)

Posted via CB10
    and when I saw it on BB10 I said "wow that looks identical to toast notifications windows phone had years ago. It's relative to your experiences, BB did not create this.
    06-02-14 04:25 PM
    Well, Apple's quick reply works on both Facebook and email message while BB10 don't.
    But this would be simple implementation of fb and email quick replies....

Posted via CB10
    06-02-14 04:25 PM
    Apple introduced these as "new features" because they are new features to the iPhone. Believe it or not, most iPhone users have used other platforms. I've personally used them all at this point. I'm not delusional enough to think Apple invented anything but I really don't care anymore. I'm not really looking for "something new". I'm looking for features I like, on a platform that works, and delivers the product when they say they will.

These events don't really "WOW" anymore. It's more like "Cool, now that iPhone can do that, it's one less reason I should switch to the competition."
    06-02-14 04:26 PM
    No. All it's saying is that they're bringing new features to iOS users. And for iOS users, those are new features. If you're interpreting those statements as "Look what Apple has invented!" then you're simply reading too much into a benign statement.
    I understand what you are meaning and I totally agree with you in that point.

But just ask around who invented instant messaging many people (and most Apple users - who are world wide one of the biggest group) will tell you iMessage was there before BBM.

Many switched to a smartphone the past 2-3 years - so they only know what happened from then on.

So the one who showed it to the people is automatically associated as the "inventor".

Not knowing OS10 means that those thing haven't been there before...

Posted via CB10
    06-02-14 04:28 PM
    Apple introduced these as "new features" because they are new features to the iPhone. Believe it or not, most iPhone users have used other platforms. I've personally used them all at this point. I'm not delusional enough to think Apple invented anything but I really don't care anymore. I'm not really looking for "something new". I'm looking for features I like, on a platform that works, and delivers the product when they say they will.

These events don't really "WOW" anymore. It's more like "Cool, now that iPhone can do that, it's one less reason I should switch to the competition."
    pretty much agree, from a productivity standpoint, being able to make calls and sms from my computer is pretty killer though. i just don't really care for an ios device due to limitations, and honestly the hub keeps me on bb for now. i love the hub.
    pri79269 likes this.
    06-02-14 04:29 PM
    They going to say they came out with all those features first and most people will think it is true.
    Already have ppl on fb saying how awesome the new quick reply feature is... meanwhile I've been using it to respond to their texts for months

Posted via CB10
    06-02-14 04:34 PM
    The hub is a pretty original concept itself, toast / quick reply isn't. In fact the way BB implemented it is pretty much identical to windows phone which had it years ago. As for reasons to stay on bb10? do you like your device if so keep it, if not don't. There shouldn't need to be a compiled list of reasons, especially produced by someone that isn't you, as to why you should stay with a device. Loyalty is silly, either it's for you or it isn't.
    I also had an universal inbox with my old Nokia Symbian devices.
    But that's not the point.
    The Hub is still something unique for me.

I also tried Android & iOS besides having my Blackberrys the past 8 years.
    And that's what's most appealing to me.

BlackBerry put up and mixed all those messaging features as main part of their new platform. All the other laughed about how pointless and dead Blackberry is.
    And OS10 is a joke and bla, bla, bla...

And those guys now get 1:1 (even with the same layout) features that Blackberry made unique for them - thats what bothers me!

Posted via CB10
    06-02-14 04:35 PM
    Hey friends,

Right now, I'm watching the Apple Event 2014 and I'm kinda pi*** off.

Don't get me wrong, I respect Apple as an very successful company.

But there are things on iOS8, which make me kinda angry:

1.) iOS8 gets "toast notifications", just like BB OS10 and you are able to answer them right on the top of the display.
    Just like the ones from BBM or WhatsApp on OS10.

2.) iOS8 gets a gesture somehow like the Hub from Blackberry, where you can check new mails right from an app and can reply - if you want to...

3.) iOS8 gets BBM-like group chats, voice mails & you can share you location within the chat.

4.) iOS8 gets "the same" word prediction like we have it on the BB OS10 Q10 - and it's also able to learn who you text.
    They even showed an old Blackberry Curve to that as reference.

5.) iOS8 gets a preview of notifications on the lockscreen, like we got with BB OS 10.2.1 and you are also able to open them right from the lockscreen.

6.) Now they offer an Enterprise server...

Now, that makes me angry and sad - because people now will say that this are Apple's innovations...

What do you say to that?
    I think they wanna totally kick out Blackberry with that...

1. I don't know about toast style messages but ever since Cyanogenmod made custom roms on android ( 2years + ago) I've been able to respond to message in any app I was in by pulling down the notification shade and hitting reply. It also did it better by not covering the whole screen. Only a part. http://img.talkandroid.com/uploads/2...uick_reply.png

Skip to #3
    3. All that group chat / message stuff Google Hangouts does and will show similar at Google IO. Google even has the talk from the computer. So when you get a call and have the hangouts app for chrome and use Google voice then the call rings on your computer. You don't even have to have your phone in the same building.

4. Swift key for android is similar.

5.On Android. Different versions of Android depending on the custom skin from Samsung or HTC or ..... .or an app / launcher.

6. Not on Android yet. Google IO is going be big on Enterpriseifaction for Android.

Soooo basically i'm saying from what happened today and what will happen at Google IO BB has run out of time. Their only advantage has evaporated. Apple is now actively coming for Enterprise and security. Google is doing the same. The BBM advantage has shrank to only people on BB or any that can get all their friends / family on it across platforms and if you have a good built in client most won't install BBM. Google and Apple's built in will do most of what BBM does except for the channels which was only made to be their way to try to monetize the BBM and make it more like Twitter. BB is in serious trouble from a phone point of view. These companies like Apple, Google, Microsoft have nothing but cash and they make it RAIN. How can anyone at this point come out with a new OS that can fight these heavy hitters. BB was a heavy hitter and lost all their money. Sorry guys.
    06-02-14 04:42 PM
    Member when ios 5...6 and 7 came out? everybody was like a wow this is going to hurt BlackBerry. BlackBerry already hurt but they turning around, I mean OS10.3 isn't out yet so we don't fully know what to say about BlackBerry at this moment. Yes 10.2.1 in comparison to ios8 look rather skimpy. Yes, the features in ios8 are somewhat copies how BB10 does things but that's alright tho. BlackBerry will make a good combination comeback.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-14 04:43 PM
    I am disgusted in using apple products as of today!
    allwi likes this.
    06-02-14 04:45 PM
    Member when ios 5...6 and 7 came out? everybody was like a wow this is going to hurt BlackBerry. BlackBerry already hurt but they turning around, I mean OS10.3 isn't out yet so we don't fully know what to say about BlackBerry at this moment. Yes 10.2.1 in comparison to ios8 look rather skimpy. Yes, the features in ios8 are somewhat copies how BB10 does things but that's alright tho. BlackBerry will make a good combination comeback.

Posted via CB10
    I think they'll even out and become stable, I don't know that I would say a comeback. It seems likely to assume the next batch of phones won't sell all that well. Maybe I'm wrong, but if they don't it's also a good bet they'll exit the handset business. I personally think BB's future is strictly enterprise software solutions as they do clearly offer that better than just about anyone else, that would include BBM also. They just can't compete on a consumer level with Google or Apple, a comeback in that area is futile.
    06-02-14 04:47 PM
    All fine with me. Forces BlackBerry to push the envelope and keep adding interesting and useful features!

Posted via CB10
    06-02-14 04:52 PM
163 1234 ...