06-15-14 12:52 AM
163 123 ...
tools
    Hey friends,

Right now, I'm watching the Apple Event 2014 and I'm kinda pi*** off.

Don't get me wrong, I respect Apple as an very successful company.

But there are things on iOS8, which make me kinda angry:

1.) iOS8 gets "toast notifications", just like BB OS10 and you are able to answer them right on the top of the display.
    Just like the ones from BBM or WhatsApp on OS10.

2.) iOS8 gets a gesture somehow like the Hub from Blackberry, where you can check new mails right from an app and can reply - if you want to...

3.) iOS8 gets BBM-like group chats, voice mails & you can share you location within the chat.

4.) iOS8 gets "the same" word prediction like we have it on the BB OS10 Q10 - and it's also able to learn who you text.
    They even showed an old Blackberry Curve to that as reference.

5.) iOS8 gets a preview of notifications on the lockscreen, like we got with BB OS 10.2.1 and you are also able to open them right from the lockscreen.

6.) Now they offer an Enterprise server...

Now, that makes me angry and sad - because people now will say that this are Apple's innovations...

What do you say to that?
    I think they wanna totally kick out Blackberry with that...

Last edited by Slash82; 06-02-14 at 02:40 PM.
    06-02-14 02:18 PM
    Apple has always made a big deal of everything they "have" or "introduce". Is it all THEIRS?
    Pfft.
    But they know how to tout it all. That's why they sell...............
    06-02-14 02:21 PM
    Good. Let the BlackBerry team watch iOS copying them.
    BlackBerry need to use this as an advantage and come out with more features for 10.3. I don't mind if it gets delay.

BlackBerry need to pay attention to the Apple conference and come out with something that's different.
    06-02-14 02:30 PM
    They going to say they came out with all those features first and most people will think it is true.
    Slash82 likes this.
    06-02-14 02:34 PM
    They going to say they came out with all those features first and most people will think it is true.

Exactly!! And that's what makes me angry & sad!
    Blackberry did an awesome job and very hard work on that - and it's genius!
    06-02-14 02:36 PM
    at least they are getting a choice of keyboards finally..
    Slash82 likes this.
    06-02-14 02:38 PM
    Since the BlackBerry market share is easily below 5% and the ios market share is huuuge, it's gonna come out exactly as you say! Everyone is going to think apple invented all of these awesome features and is going to earn the credits for it!

And I can promise you the will celebrate this features!

Nevertheless this is confirming me once again, that BlackBerry is by far the best operating system out there!

Posted on CB 10 and typed on the best Keyboard ever
    06-02-14 02:42 PM
    My Thoughts on iOS8 & How it Impacts BlackBerry-interactive-notification.jpg

That is what the interactive notification on iOS8 looks like. I definitely think it is time for BlackBerry to use those attorneys that they have on the payroll and file some law suits... It is a blatant copy of what BlackBerry designed. Mr. Chen and his team really need to step up and defend BlackBerry's image. Sadly I do not think that BlackBerry has any patent on this particular feature (that should be check) but nevertheless it is not possible that every time iOS "invent" new features copying from the existing OS!!!!! It is SO frustrating!!!
    06-02-14 02:51 PM
    I hate stealing! What can we do ?

Posted via CB10
    Slash82 likes this.
    06-02-14 02:59 PM
    A number of those items listed weren't innovations by BB either, but somehow I doubt anybody on this forum was self deprecating enough to criticize BB from lifting those ideas themselves.

I wouldn't hold anything against Apple for it. And I'm anything but an Apple fan.

Sent from my T100TA using Tapatalk
    06-02-14 03:07 PM
    That is what the interactive notification on iOS8 looks like. I definitely think it is time for BlackBerry to use those attorneys that they have on the payroll and file some law suits...
    So if Blackberry wins $1 billion from Apple, couldn't Apple just buy the company and sell off the assets?
    06-02-14 03:08 PM
    No one cares, Apple will sell it because they will deliver it when they say they will, tie it into their ecosystem, and market it. Blackberry can develop it first and then everything else falls to pieces, It will be late, and even when ready the update will not be available unless you load a leaked OS, they'll be no ecosystem to tie it to, and no one will know anything about it anyway.
    06-02-14 03:17 PM
    The cinnamon toast for message replies is especially galling. It looks like a carbon copy

Posted via CB10
    06-02-14 03:27 PM
    Hey friends,

Right now, I'm watching the Apple Event 2014 and I'm kinda pi*** off.

Don't get me wrong, I respect Apple as an very successful company.

But there are things on iOS8, which make me kinda angry:

1.) iOS8 gets "toast notifications", just like BB OS10 and you are able to answer them right on the top of the display.
    Just like the ones from BBM or WhatsApp on OS10.

2.) iOS8 gets a gesture somehow like the Hub from Blackberry, where you can check new mails right from an app and can reply - if you want to...

3.) iOS8 gets BBM-like group chats, voice mails & you can share you location within the chat.

4.) iOS8 gets "the same" word prediction like we have it on the BB OS10 Q10 - and it's also able to learn who you text.
    They even showed an old Blackberry Curve to that as reference.

5.) iOS8 gets a preview of notifications on the lockscreen, like we got with BB OS 10.2.1 and you are also able to open them right from the lockscreen.

6.) Now they offer an Enterprise server...

Now, that makes me angry and sad - because people now will say that this are Apple's innovations...

What do you say to that?
    I think they wanna totally kick out Blackberry with that...

Was BlackBerry the first company to implement these? I honestly don't know.
    tack likes this.
    06-02-14 03:28 PM
    I said it before, I'll say it again. Considering BlackBerry's near complete lack of marketing, how is the average consumer to know these features exist on BB10? Apple will inevitably be the first to make the consumer aware, and will inevitably be given credit.
    06-02-14 03:30 PM
    Maybe not - but that are the key features, which Blackberry pointed out as their core thing in that style.
    They costumized it for their need & their style it's convenient how they made it up and put things together.

But that's 1:1 copy
    06-02-14 03:32 PM
    Only 2 of them. The rest were around for WebOS and/ Android before BB.

06-02-14 03:34 PM
    Let's see how the media spins this.

As BlackBerry users, we can quietly observe the ensuing expert insight that will surely follow.

Will iOS8 be credited for refining or inventing these new features?

Will AAPL be taken to task for using "unintuitive" gestures? Yet seems to be good enough for iOS?

Let's sit and enjoy...next few days will be interesting.
    06-02-14 03:40 PM
    Maybe not - but that are the key features, which Blackberry pointed out as their core thing in that style.
    They costumized it for their need & their style it's convenient how they made it up and put things together.

But that's 1:1 copy
    You get so upset without even knowing whether any of the above are truly unique to BB? If you don't know that, how do you know the BB implementation wasn't also derivative?

Right now all of they are going to "borrow" from each other if it isn't trademarked or patented.

The successful companies will be the ones that know when to invent, when to innovate, and when to deliver.
    tack likes this.
    06-02-14 03:42 PM
    A number of those items listed weren't innovations by BB either, but somehow I doubt anybody on this forum was self deprecating enough to criticize BB from lifting those ideas themselves.

I wouldn't hold anything against Apple for it. And I'm anything but an Apple fan.

Exactly. Those interactive toast notifications were on android first with miui, years before BlackBerry 10 was even out.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-14 03:42 PM
    If only BlackBerry put rounded corners on all those features first...

Posted via CB10
    bibbula likes this.
    06-02-14 03:48 PM
    Exactly. Those interactive toast notifications were on android first with miui, years before BlackBerry 10 was even out.

Posted via CB10
    Yep, it has been pretty amusing that people thought those stuff are BBRY's invention.
    06-02-14 03:52 PM
    You get so upset without even knowing whether any of the above are truly unique to BB? If you don't know that, how do you know the BB implementation wasn't also derivative?

Right now all of they are going to "borrow" from each other if it isn't trademarked or patented.

The successful companies will be the ones that know when to invent, when to innovate, and when to deliver.
    I have been using Blackberry devices since 2005 and I know all the important key features - don't worry.
    Having e-mail on a phone also wasn't something Blackberry has developed!
    It already was there before - but it was/is special HOW they put that things together!

Same with all the features I wrote above!
    Message previews were there before, also those active frames were kinda adopted from the old Nokia system.

But they put those things together in that special way which separates them from the other platforms!

Apple just took that 1:1 as "their" innovations - that makes me angry.
    It's not getting things from great ideas - it's about taking ideas 1:1 and telling people that it's from them!

I think you are missing the point what I wanna trying to say.
    byex likes this.
    06-02-14 03:53 PM
    It's sad to see that Apple isn't innovative anymore, right now, they're just improving on their actual product, no innovation in years...

But well, if they offer the features that make BlackBerry good, I'd totally switch platforms. (I don't care about security and the NSA btw)

Posted via CB10
    Intense Soul and Gykesdollars like this.
    06-02-14 03:54 PM
    What's neat is that Apple announces these features which have a fairly hard delivery date. They are almost certain to be released in the Fall - along with new hardware.
    DenverRalphy and techvisor like this.
    06-02-14 03:59 PM
163 123 ...