10-16-13 03:46 PM
184 ... 45678
tools
    Yes, this guy goes to Jail or they open the books on how much money was paid to S4BB.
    Dude seriously you sound like a spoiled 14 year old. Marty Mallick's team is the IG Netflix group and Alec is the SDK and dev tools which are actually very good and 1000% improved from where BlackBerry used to be in relation to independent Devs. It is very clear from your comments you have never been in business and probably don't have much life experience. Not being a flamer just trying to help you save your credibility.

Posted via CB10
    Thunderbuck, badiyee and BCITMike like this.
    10-02-13 08:30 AM
    Saunders is responsible for Apps. BlackBerry can't get apps which is a primary reason for their downfall. Time for Saunders to go if you ask me.
    But he's not responsible for those apps. That's Marty Mallick's team.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-13 08:32 AM
    My opinion is that they should have been developing their own IG, Netflix etc apps all this time. When Saunders is the face they trot out to discuss the "state of apps" it's his head that needs to roll. Shi*, there are a bunch of heads that need to roll.

But he's not responsible for those apps. That's Marty Mallick's team.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-13 08:34 AM
    Title for my next thread:

[opinion] BlackBerry loses 900 million in fiscal q2 2014 [my take, rumor, speculation]
    10-02-13 09:29 AM
    I just think it's funny how the same people, who clearly don't care one way or another about BlackBerry, keep posting these threads. They always thinly veil their hatred/disgust for management/BlackBerry/BlackBerry fans "in denial" with something about how they've been "longtime users and can't bear to watch management destroy this once-great company." It's a really great tactic that our friends over at BGR like to use, but those of us that aren't, I don't know, illiterate, can see through it

I'm not suggesting anyone leave these forums, because by posting these threads, it's pretty clear/sad that they might not have a lot of other things going on in their lives. But at some point, these posters have to ask themselves why they're here, instead of having to be asked by "CrackBerry fanboys."

I used to be a diehard Motorola user........and not once did I go onto some forum of theirs to talk about its mismanagement and downward spiral after I gave up on their products.

For people who have all these big, wonderful, what-BlackBerry-should-be-doing ideas, some people around here really ought to ask themselves: What-should-I-be-doing-other-than-stirring-the-pot-in-a-forum?
    Sean you've got no idea. I am from Waterloo. I live in Waterloo. Born in the same hospital has all these RIM execs. I know dozens of people that are in Jeopardy of losing their job at BlackBerry. I have used BlackBerry phones for years. I got the bold 9000, 9900,playbook, and z10 all on the first day they were released. I was ALL OVER these forums around bb10 launch and Very excited. I still use a z10.

Now the numbers are in and I am devastated for my COMMUNITY (not online community, actual community) and I have come to realize what is upon on us. I am not happy.

And you think I don't care about BlackBerry??
    danprown, mset, JeepBB and 6 others like this.
    10-02-13 09:43 AM
    My opinion is that they should have been developing their own IG, Netflix etc apps all this time. When Saunders is the face they trot out to discuss the "state of apps" it's his head that needs to roll. Shi*, there are a bunch of heads that need to roll.
    Do you understand that you can't develop the app like IG or Netflix without permission from the company who owns the product? There may be political reasons why they don't want the apps on BB10.
    10-02-13 10:10 AM
    If an independent developer can get that permission I'm certain RIM can. Common sense.

Do you understand that you can't develop the app like IG or Netflix without permission from the company who owns the product? There may be political reasons why they don't want the apps on BB10.

Sent from my 4s using TapaTalk
    10-02-13 10:14 AM
    If an independent developer can get that permission I'm certain RIM can. Common sense.
    What independent developers have gotten explicit permission to develop IG and NetFlix?
    10-02-13 10:19 AM
    Lead, follow or get out of the way. It's better for a company to have one message (even if its wrong, delusional, crazy or just stupid) then forty. The senior team is on the same page, which for a company shrinking is VERY important.

Attack the message, not the people trying to make the message work. If you don't like the message then attack the CEO.
    10-02-13 10:23 AM
    It's frustrating. No doubt. But tell u what, work yourself into a position like Alec and do exactly what you're suggesting and see how fast you'll be asked to either tow the line, or look for another company to work for. I'm not saying you're wrong, but reality is either help fight the cause, or get out. That's typically reality for the vast majority of any corporate worker. The second you start singing a different tune, you're no longer part of the "team".

I hear ya what your saying. But we can't ignore how the corporate world works.

The title is delusion CONTINUES. This is the same stuff he has been spewing for months and months, before BlackBerry's true demise was known. What else would I be saying? Something other then what I have been to get into this position. The fact that he is still saying the same thing -trying to sell the same QNX interconnected world that only works with BB10 dream is astounding.
    10-02-13 10:26 AM
    Lead, follow or get out of the way. It's better for a company to have one message (even if its wrong, delusional, crazy or just stupid) then forty. The senior team is on the same page, which for a company shrinking is VERY important.

Attack the message, not the people trying to make the message work. If you don't like the message then attack the CEO.
    I did attack the message. That's why it posted specific quotes on the original post of this thread. I then proceeded to show how these quotes were false, and/or misleading filler. The character reference was icing on the cake.

And not everyone is not the same page by a long shot at this company. We've got people involved with the company saying that, " we will now focus on prosumers", and here we have Alec at a developer conference saying "we are not going away". Going away from where Alec?? The company is going private. You are going away, there likely won't be large developer conferences in the foreseeable future. The devices may not be available at carrier stores soon (like tmobile). That IS going away.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-13 10:37 AM
    Wow at some of the comments in here, really is sad to see so many people come in here and hate on an individual then not only that, we have deluded member saying he needs to go to jail..for what exactly?? has he de-frauded the company ie taken money out without permission??
    10-02-13 11:04 AM
    I said he's one of the people who helped.
    Do you want me to spell it out to you? You haven't heard of a little thing called Apps?
    He's the head of Developer Relations. 2+2 = sometimes does equal 4.
    Alec Saunders was head of developer relations. So the guy small developers (not the "big apps") would go to and who coordinated things with them and BB.
    10-02-13 11:30 AM
    Unfortunately, it costs hundreds of thousands of $$ for a top app, the company in question will develop it or commission it if they see a return coming. It is unfortunately a catch-22. If BB had the top apps eg Instagram, Netflix or whatever the average consumer (read 17-year-old) wanted, then maybe more Z10's would have been sold etc etc. I know someone who wanted a Z10 (has an iPhone) but uses Instagram and another unavailable app constantly so won't switch. For me, I am very happy with my Z10 as it has all the apps I need for my life. (And I used to have an iPhone too so yes, I do know what is in their App Store. I just don't need them.) Alec has done a good job to bring all-new apps to BB10 in such a short time so I feel that this thread has become just a place to vent.
    10-02-13 11:38 AM
    That's because there aren't many developers. They held Blackberry Jam just now in Asia - one of the biggest developer region for BB in the world. They said 1,000 people turned up. That in itself is poor in my opinion, and the way the video was edited I'd be very doubtful those figures are even true. I know a guy who works at the centre where it was held. Let me just say my mate Damian didn't see 1,000 people in one place. Maybe spread over the few days.

What was the figure? 47% of all apps by S4BB?

Of course BB Jam happened in Asia with 1000s of devs. It's just like watching pro-wrestling in the 1960s, the hero would disappear from the TV broadcast for 3 weeks and return with some championship belt that he 'won at a tournament in South America'. Except that its 2013 and people have this thing called the internet that we can use to verify things actually happened the way you say they do.

Hundred thousand apps, sure let us just verify that any of them have a prayer of selling a copy.
    danprown likes this.
    10-02-13 11:43 AM
    Alec and family have been working hard for BB

Christopher Saunders - Australia | LinkedIn
    dentynefire likes this.
    10-02-13 12:05 PM
    What is delusional is your continuing to post here when it is clear that you don't like Blackberry.
    Fanboys like you are...
    10-02-13 12:23 PM
    Besides, if he were really in it all for the money, after purposely sinking the stock (like some people apparently think), I'm pretty sure he'd make more money if he got apps onboard a thriving BlackBerry10 platform than if the company were sold.
    Uhhh Stephen Elop is going to get $25M to walk away from Nokia after purposely tanking it, and he'll be free to find another high paying executive gig. I don't think it's inconceivable that any of the BB higher ups could/would do the same.
    10-02-13 12:34 PM
    What independent developers have gotten explicit permission to develop IG and NetFlix?
    iGrann: The first full native Instagram Client for BlackBerry 10

This guy. And, those that wrote Instagram apps on WP. As long as the name doesn't include "Insta" or "gram", they're allowed to code apps.

10-02-13 12:50 PM
    iGrann: The first full native Instagram Client for BlackBerry 10

This guy. And, those that wrote Instagram apps on WP. As long as the name doesn't include "Insta" or "gram", they're allowed to code apps.
    Had he got explicit permission from IG?
    10-02-13 02:13 PM
    The focus on Saunders and his comments is misguided.

The real story is the drop from 1200 to 1000 attendees--months after the launch of BB10's first flagship phones. You could hold a conference for Atari 7800 developers and get a better turnout. Whether you interpret his comments as spin, truth, or a bit of both, the fact is the people he needs to whom communicate the most...are simply no longer listening.
    richardat likes this.
    10-02-13 03:10 PM
    reality bites ,but in the end truth is truth,realistically he told the right things
    10-02-13 03:16 PM
    The focus on Saunders and his comments is misguided.

The real story is the drop from 1200 to 1000 attendees--months after the launch of BB10's first flagship phones. You could hold a conference for Atari 7800 developers and get a better turnout. Whether you interpret his comments as spin, truth, or a bit of both, the fact is the people he needs to whom communicate the most...are simply no longer listening.
    I think the numbers of attendees as well as his "comments" are equally important. I just happened to focus only on his comments in my little commentary.

Let's not forget his title has "relations" in it. Saying this mobile computing pipe dream over and over is not helping developer relations. That why less and less are showing.

Posted via CB10
    richardat likes this.
    10-02-13 03:16 PM
    Had he got explicit permission from IG?
    Nice try. If they're allowing it, explicit permission isn't needed.
    10-02-13 03:22 PM
    Nice try. If they're allowing it, explicit permission isn't needed.
    I'm not sure we can say they are "allowing it"...silence does not necessarily mean approval as they may not know about it plus at this stage it is really just a viewer - you can't upload anything or watch videos, or apply filters. No "real" IG functionality is present yet.
    10-02-13 03:36 PM
184 ... 45678