Morgan Stanley, Boeing, Aneurin Bevan University Health Board and Secusmart Testing BES 10.2

Morgan Stanley, Boeing, Aneurin Bevan University Health Board and Secusmart Testing BES 10.2 - N4BB

Posted via CB10
    dusdal and playbookster like this.
    12-02-13 11:36 PM
    Good news. Hopefully Chens letter will impact more to do the same
    12-02-13 11:41 PM
    whats going on with crackberry these days, the CB Team used to be all over news like this but it now seems most of the news posted in blogs are on the forums before the team gets to them, or other BB fan sites are getting the info.

Crackberry team, stop slacking
    FSeverino and DJM626 like this.
    12-02-13 11:44 PM
    Just riding along I guess... it sucks bc I used to get all my BlackBerry news here, now I just look at the forums for it instead

Posted via CB10
    12-02-13 11:56 PM
    Just riding along I guess... it sucks bc I used to get all my BlackBerry news here, now I just look at the forums for it instead

Posted via CB10
    Apply for a job here

Sent from my Z30
    12-03-13 08:03 AM
    Hopefully they don't get the rotation and other bugs popping up all over the place. If that happened to me testing something and it wasn't fixed in a day or two it would be test over.
    Last edited by kbz1960; 12-03-13 at 08:07 AM. Reason: Don't
    12-03-13 08:06 AM
    I installed BES10 and tested it on a server.... did I count in that number?

At my old job they installed the BES10 test server three times - each on a different virtual machine and a different ID. There was a three month trial back then. So did that count as three test installations.

REALLY want BlackBerry to stop using these test installations in their numbers.
    flyingsolid, JeepBB and boi2012 like this.
    12-03-13 09:55 AM
    I installed BES10 and tested it on a server.... did I count in that number?

At my old job they installed the BES10 test server three times - each on a different virtual machine and a different ID. There was a three month trial back then. So did that count as three test installations.

REALLY want BlackBerry to stop using these test installations in their numbers.
    It likely tracks the organization name you use during setup.

And there are MANY other organizations testing BES 10.2 (it is actually available to testers as a gold candidate. Should be released very soon).
    12-03-13 09:59 AM
    It likely tracks the organization name you use during setup.

And there are MANY other organizations testing BES 10.2 (it is actually available to testers as a gold candidate. Should be released very soon).
    Your reaching Sith, BlackBerry has been spewing these test server numbers since before the June earnings call, back then it was 19,000. As the trial period is only 3 months, they should be by now giving firm production server numbers. The fact that they are not can only mean they continue to have trouble getting enterprise onto BES 10.
    JeepBB and boi2012 like this.
    12-03-13 11:43 AM

Posted via CB10
    ditto the only blogs i really look forward to reading are Chris Umi's, he atleast gives mroe of a professional opinion then alot of the armchair CEOs on the boards
    12-03-13 11:57 AM
    Your reaching Sith, BlackBerry has been spewing these test server numbers since before the June earnings call, back then it was 19,000. As the trial period is only 3 months, they should be by now giving firm production server numbers. The fact that they are not can only mean they continue to have trouble getting enterprise onto BES 10.
    it seems like an awful lot of work to build up a trial for 3 months setup all your devices on it only to not use it at the end.

i have not setup or really even followed the trials of BES10 so i'm not sure if the trial period extends to each new updated version of BES10-10.1-10.2 if so whose to say they aren't milking the trials so they don't have to pay as much.

to me it would make sense that a corperation using a trial of BES10 and then having the BES10.1 come out would warrent some trial period on that for the changes made, even if its not the full 3 months.

but again i don't know and there is alot of here say that because there are so many trials with no signing up that makes adaption to BES10 low. thats a grand assumption if you ask me
    12-03-13 12:10 PM
    Oh I have no doubt they are padding the numbers so to speak. Also keep in mind organizations using multiple test SRPs, multiple different versions (beta program) etc. I assume there are a ton of companies out there, but it is probably quite a bit lower than the 30k.
    12-03-13 01:53 PM
    Where the hell are sinsin, m1 and Troy on this thread...hmm no negative Web to spin

Posted via CB10
    12-04-13 08:04 AM
    Where the hell are sinsin, m1 and Troy on this thread...hmm no negative Web to spin

Posted via CB10
    Here I am snookums. Nothing to say. It's just more spin from BBRY. You just can't understand. When will they announce installs and purchased vs testing????
    12-04-13 08:08 AM

Posted via CB10
    Give it a rest. The only negativity you have in this thread, is what you brought in.
    12-04-13 11:00 AM
    Here I am snookums. Nothing to say. It's just more spin from BBRY. You just can't understand. When will they announce installs and purchased vs testing????
    For the record, testing requires an install, and there is nothing to purchase with BES10 (software is free, CALs cost). A more apt metric would be number of CALs used (but that would only apply to BES 10.1 and above).
    12-04-13 11:01 AM
    For the record, testing requires an install, and there is nothing to purchase with BES10 (software is free, CALs cost). A more apt metric would be number of CALs used (but that would only apply to BES 10.1 and above).
    Concur. But the testing number is annoying.
    12-04-13 06:51 PM