02-07-12 10:37 PM
67 123
tools
    I find it funny that just 13 years ago the all mighty Apple was near bankruptcy.
    If it were not for Microsoft injecting life into the struggling computer maker they would not be here today.
    Pessimistic writers will critique Rim and they may or may not have bias towards Apple, but the fact remains that Rim is still in the black.
    A lot is going to happen when the new OS arrives.
    It should make for interesting conversations/twitter responses/editorials/blah blah blah/etc...
    I for one would like Rim to once again increase their market share.
    Let's see what happens
    01-31-12 02:55 PM
    If it were not for Microsoft injecting life into the struggling computer maker they would not be here today.
    Seriously, could this become true through repetition? On this forum alone, this misstatement has been corrected dozens of times... if enough people who were not there WANT it to be true, and are willing to ignore all contemporaneous news reports, etc., could this eventually become accepted as truth?

Just curious.
    Last edited by Palmless; 01-31-12 at 03:02 PM.
    01-31-12 03:00 PM
    I find it funny that just 13 years ago the all mighty Apple was near bankruptcy.
    Pessimistic writers will critique Rim and they may or may not have bias towards Apple, but the fact remains that Rim is still in the black.
    It should make for interesting conversations/twitter responses/editorials/blah blah blah/etc...
    Let's see what happens
    The problem with this is that it ignores a key point; Apple never really made a comeback in computers. It just pushed into new markets (music players, phones, tablets). Generally, when a company falls as far in a market as Apple did then, and RIM has now, they don't return (Betamax, Sega Master System, HD-DVD, etc). They have to find some new way to succeed. I have to wonder what new markets RIM could enter, as history tells us that they probably aren't coming back in phones, and tablets have been a non-starter so far.
    Last edited by Economist101; 01-31-12 at 04:22 PM. Reason: Typo
    01-31-12 03:01 PM
    Apple never really made a comeback in computers.
    I think they killed the computer market as revenge...
    01-31-12 03:05 PM
    What is true is that Microsoft pledged to continue support and development for office on the Mac. And the first cash producing hit product for Apple after Job's return was the iMac as I recall (yes a desktop computer).

Apple as it turns out probably could have done without the aid. But then who knew that at the time.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    01-31-12 03:09 PM
    I believe that we could start... Stopping giving enhanced tribune to this kind of purpose.
    I mean: if you disagree, the proper place to write it is right below the original article...

Edit: august 2011 thread... Digging is a sport these days
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 01-31-12 at 04:08 PM.
    01-31-12 04:03 PM
    Destroyed.
    Personally attacking a blogger cause he wrote something you don't like about a product is not destrying them.

It's making yourself look like a complete and utter .
    01-31-12 04:14 PM
    WOW, That article is ridiculous. I don't even believe he has been anywhere near a BB to see BBM Music functioning. When I was utilizing BBM Music from the Beta Zone, I was sure I would not pay money for the music service. I couldn't go half a day without it after being cut off. I am a happy and subscribed user and I can see massive potential for this app, including deeper integration with BBM. BBM Music RockS!
    01-31-12 04:38 PM
    Why do we all assume that their (media critics) desire is different? It may not be altruistic, but is it possible that RIM actually deserves some of the criticism?

I doubt that there is a concerted effort to destroy RIM.
    It actually reminds me of how news outlets treat republicans. There is always a bias in the media, you can't really do anything about it.
    02-05-12 07:58 PM
    O it were not for Microsoft injecting life into the struggling computer maker they would not be here today.
    Let's see what happens
    Rim is going anywhere it just a rough time for them . As long as bb 10 is a viable contender that's works they will be back in the game. More so if the new platform can run on devices with a query keyboard like the bold or a newer version it will be a major game changer.
    02-06-12 06:17 AM
    not in any way wishing to offend any americans here , but do you not sometimes feel maybe there is a touch of negative bias in american media towards RIM (canadian company) As opposed the orgasmic praise apple(american) recieves some times? Or is it just me?
    02-07-12 05:03 AM
    not in any way wishing to offend any americans here , but do you not sometimes feel maybe there is a touch of negative bias in american media towards RIM (canadian company) As opposed the orgasmic praise apple(american) recieves some times? Or is it just me?
    It's all about Success... if you are Successful you can do no wrong. If you fail (and RIM has been failing for several years now) then people will kick you while you are down. But if you can pick yourself back up and become successful again, they will love you.

I don't believe it is just an "American thing" or just a "media thing". Based on the latest findings from IDC RIM is down from 14% to 8.2% of WORLDWIDE smarphone shipments last year. With no sign this year will change the downward plunge.... at least Nokia has WP already on the market today to "try" and reverse their fall.
    02-07-12 09:48 AM
    If RIM had sold 60 million BlackBerry devices last quarter and made a $13 billion profit, it would be receiving "orgasmic praise" also. When you do well, you get praise. When you don't, you don't. Remember, this is the same media who in many cases dismissed the original iPhone because it lacked a physical keyboard. It's a "what are you doing today" kind of world.
    02-07-12 10:30 AM
    Get used to it... the RIM bashing isn't going to end any time soon.
    02-07-12 12:44 PM
    It's all about Success... if you are Successful you can do no wrong. If you fail (and RIM has been failing for several years now) then people will kick you while you are down. But if you can pick yourself back up and become successful again, they will love you.

I don't believe it is just an "American thing" or just a "media thing". Based on the latest findings from IDC RIM is down from 14% to 8.2% of WORLDWIDE smarphone shipments last year. With no sign this year will change the downward plunge.... at least Nokia has WP already on the market today to "try" and reverse their fall.
    yeah....what did ever happen to nokia. Once upon a time in the uk it seemed like 9 out every 10 phones was a nokia.
    02-07-12 01:41 PM
    yeah....what did ever happen to nokia. Once upon a time in the uk it seemed like 9 out every 10 phones was a nokia.
    Same here in the colonies.
    02-07-12 01:43 PM
    This Galen guy does not know what he is talking about. I having been using BBM Music for a few months now, i have over 300 connections and a 6000+ song library because of it. Almost all of my connections are Premium users who are paying. If BBM Music was destined to fail why are there so many people on my list who absolutely love it (based on their status comments)? It is a MUSIC DISCOVERY service and it works well.
    02-07-12 10:37 PM
67 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD