There is a new infection spreading, which targets Linux-based home routers. Several brands are vulnerable.

Glad most of my internet goes tethered through my Z10 ...

BlackBerry's / QNX's chance to shine in IoT?

:-)

The Moose is loose: Linux-based worm turns routers into social network bots | Ars Technica

Moose - the router worm with an appetite for social networks

  Passposted while waiting for the Z-lider....  
    05-27-15 05:54 PM
    nice read, kinda scary too....thanks for the heads up!
    Prem WatsApp likes this.
    05-27-15 06:06 PM
    Refused to enable telnet in our latest wifi devices. Got complaints, but glad I stood my ground. Having telnet enabled on these devices is stupid.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-15 04:03 PM
    I have learned over the years that they seem to find another bug just when you think your OK?

Anytime you have software involved, there is always a risk of another bug being discovered. Nothing is 100% secure, period.
    05-28-15 05:40 PM
    I have learned over the years that they seem to find another bug just when you think your OK?

Anytime you have software involved, there is always a risk of another bug being discovered. Nothing is 100% secure, period.
    This isn't a bug. This is just poor design/usage. The vendors are leaving telnet open to brute force attempts with trivial or common passwords. It's like being able to login with "root/default".

Mitigations: strong passwords, password lock out after 3 failed attempts, disabled from WAN by default, etc.
    05-28-15 08:08 PM
    Who uses Telnet anymore? I'd thought Telnet was pretty much abolished by any and everybody. The lack of security with Telnet has been widely known for ages now. Does anybody actually support it anymore? Anybody who allows Telnet to their networks these days are just grossly negligent.
    05-28-15 09:04 PM