Monitise’s BBM Money Service Wins at Emerging Payments Awards | Bank Innovation

Monitise was named the winner of the Best Peer to Peer Program category last week at the Emerging Payments Awards for its Indonesian BlackBerry Messenger payments service, BBM Money.
    Some more good news, on the image front.
    11-27-13 10:08 AM
    Hey! Every little bit helps BBM make a name for itself!
    Superfly_FR and Shanerredflag like this.
    11-27-13 10:16 AM
    I would love to have the ability to just transfer funds by tapping a friend's phone or sending the money to them through BBM.

- Developer of PinGuin
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    11-27-13 10:45 AM
    I would love to have the ability to just transfer funds by tapping a friend's phone or sending the money to them through BBM.

- Developer of PinGuin
    "Monetise" and BBM are two words that goes together well.
    Can't see a reason why it'll stand in Indonesia alone.
    I for one would love to be able to use it for cardless cash withdrawal
    11-27-13 10:48 AM
    This may be the beginning of far bigger things to come for BB.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    11-27-13 10:54 AM
    "Monetise" and BBM are two words that goes together well.
    Can't see a reason why it'll stand in Indonesia alone.
    I for one would love to be able to use it for cardless cash withdrawal
    Only issue I see is from National banking institutions it may take a while before they hop on board. Otherwise BBM woild have to use PayPal or become a banking institution. We see the same issues with the NFC payment situation, you need banking institutions to embrace the technology. For better or for worse.

- Developer of PinGuin
    dusdal likes this.
    11-27-13 11:47 AM
    Only issue I see is from National banking institutions it may take a while before they hop on board. Otherwise BBM woild have to use PayPal or become a banking institution. We see the same issues with the NFC payment situation, you need banking institutions to embrace the technology. For better or for worse.

- Developer of PinGuin
    Could team with pretty much any banking or payment (Visa, Master card ...) institution
    Time will tell.
    11-27-13 12:03 PM

- Developer of PinGuin
    I'm not sure where you are located, but here in Canada, the new POS machines that are being brought out are all NFC enabled. Also, all the bank cards and visa cards have the NFC chip so it's a simple tap and go. The key now is getting them on board with the phones.
    Superfly_FR and dusdal like this.
    11-27-13 05:18 PM
    Visa and Certicom which is owned by BB,signed a deal a while back,what's going on there?
    11-27-13 05:24 PM
    I'm not sure where you are located, but here in Canada, the new POS machines that are being brought out are all NFC enabled. Also, all the bank cards and visa cards have the NFC chip so it's a simple tap and go. The key now is getting them on board with the phones.
    Yea in I'm in Waterloo, issue is you need the bank to create an NFC app to access your bank account, or visa to make an app to access your visa account. In Canada we're pretty well off in terms of the infrastructure, we just need the banks to jump on board. It'll happen within the next year or two.

- Developer of PinGuin
    11-27-13 07:06 PM
    Don't forget that the banks are still steadfast in their opinion they own that market...there is some serious work to be done with that as well.

Posted via CB10
    Brandon Orr and dusdal like this.
    11-27-13 07:11 PM
    This is true for sure. It's also true, I think, what Brandon said.

The technological capacity is/has been there but everyone is posturing to get the biggest part of the pie.

Hence why the Rogers/BB/CIBC app is structured this way.

BlackBerry knows they don't win with an NFC open source solution. They need something that runs each transaction using the NOC and if it ties in bbm, or bb devices all the better.

Posted via CB10
    pcguy514 likes this.
    11-27-13 09:42 PM