As per, BlackBerry to release 1st Android phone after quarterly results show 46% revenue drop - Business - CBC News

Last paragraph:
    "The Priv will also give users the option to choose between an Android version and one backed by BlackBerry's own operating system, known as BB10."

Apparently CBC news didn't understand that the Priv will only be running Android for now
    outlooker likes this.
    09-25-15 12:53 PM
    Just like a large number of CrackBerry users didn't understand due to the poor wording about choices.
    09-25-15 01:03 PM
    Tried reporting a Typo / Inaccuracy on their website. Filled out form and got this:

Your Feedback - Error

There was an error with your submission. Please try again later.
    app_Developer likes this.
    09-25-15 01:14 PM
    I also got the same error, but managed to send a regular email to the right person, and just got a reply back from CBC saying the article has now been corrected:

Corrections
    BlackBerry's Priv smartphone will only run Android and will not, as this article reported earlier, have the option to choose the BB10 operating system instead.
    Sep 25, 2015 2:22 PM ET

BlackBerry to release 1st Android phone after quarterly results show 46% revenue drop - Business - CBC News
    brian4591 likes this.
    09-25-15 01:39 PM
    Just like a large number of CrackBerry users didn't understand due to the poor wording about choices.
    I don't believe it was a poor choice of words but rather crafty and deliberate.
    JeepBB likes this.
    09-25-15 10:21 PM
    I don't believe it was a poor choice of words but rather crafty and deliberate.
    Agreed.

It's the "SecureSmart" PR all over again, where clever ambiguous phrasing in that PR left an impression that the secure Android tablet previously developed by another company that BB had just bought... was actually a BB10-running tablet developed by BB.

BB should give the author of this latest misleading PR (another) pay rise!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    09-26-15 03:24 AM
    Agreed.

It's the "SecureSmart" PR all over again, where clever ambiguous phrasing in that PR left an impression that the secure Android tablet previously developed by another company that BB had just bought... was actually a BB10-running tablet developed by BB.

BB should give the author of this latest misleading PR (another) pay rise!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    There were actually two versions of that stuff - the PR Blackberry released which was carefully worded to give that impression and the stuff from SecureSmart which was really clear and never mentioned Blackberry at all. The other thing about SecureSmart was I didn't realise how small it is - in the earnings call Chen suggested its revenue is single digit.
    JeepBB likes this.
    09-26-15 05:01 AM
    There were actually two versions of that stuff - the PR Blackberry released which was carefully worded to give that impression and the stuff from SecureSmart which was really clear and never mentioned Blackberry at all. The other thing about SecureSmart was I didn't realise how small it is - in the earnings call Chen suggested its revenue is single digit.
    As in, less than ten dollars?

Keep in mind, revenue stream is one thing, a patent portfolio is something else entirely. Small and not bringing in much $$ shouldn't be confused with not valuable.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-15 01:54 PM
    As in, less than ten dollars?

Keep in mind, revenue stream is one thing, a patent portfolio is something else entirely. Small and not bringing in much $$ shouldn't be confused with not valuable.

Posted via CB10
    The patent portfolio that brought in... nothing this quarter?

Looks like the good stuff was licensed a couple of Qs a go - however BBRY is likely about to covered by a series of Patent now it will be paying the android tax to MSFT. You could be right and it came with a lot of great patents but its never come up anyway.
    09-26-15 03:12 PM