Now that would be very interesting, given his own share and his personal attachment to this company. Big L could be all shareholders final hope and game changer.
    09-23-13 07:34 PM
    Most likely he is a part of it one way or another.
    09-23-13 07:52 PM
    He and Watsa are apparently friends, and any deal Mike will have some say in because of his share ownership. Wouldn't be surprised if everything has happened according to plan since they installed Heins to get the company ready for this and keep the stock price low.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 08:41 PM
    I love Mike and everything he's done for the industry but his time is up.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 08:55 PM
    Did Lazaridis not sell all his shares or was that just Balsillie?

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 12:41 AM
    It was Balsilie who sold all his shares..

And based on his track record, I cant imagine he's part of the deal in any way.

The best thing Lazaridis can do for BBRY at this point, is to bring over pizzas when they sign the deal.

Seriously, the only reason this buyout is necessary at all, is because Lazaridis leadership shaved 80 billion off their value. Why would anyone want him involved again at all?
    09-24-13 12:57 AM
    I think it's time to eat crow with everyone saying Lazaridis needed to go so the company can grow... thornton did what exactly? lol seriously
    09-24-13 08:30 AM
    Its funny how people who want BBRY to succeed long term want Mike L to lead this company. You guys need to let go of the past, this company is not the old BBRY, it is a shell of its former self and is on the verge of being broken up. Why would Watsa and Fairfax want Mike L anywhere near this company? Unless they want him to officially throw the final shovelful of dirt on this company?
    09-24-13 08:41 AM
    Mike leaving and then coming back could, bring a different perspective etc. But that is pure speculation. I really hope he put in a higher bid no matter what!!

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 08:42 AM
    Since Mike left Blackberry, and uses a Q10, surely he must of felt some of the frustrations as an old school kind of guy (no trackpad ).

So living life in the consumers shoes should provide him with some clear perspective should he return to his old chair.

Also, best case scenario,

1) he rids of the term "mobile computing"
    2) takes BB private in to a quiet little room to work on rebuilding it
    3) brings Blackberry back with "quantum computing"

Lazaridis, creator of the BlackBerry, Wants to Build a Quantum Computer in Waterloo | MIT Technology Review

^ all of the above is very unlikely, but nevertheless, not impossible.
    09-24-13 08:55 AM
    Since Mike left Blackberry, and uses a Q10, surely he must of felt some of the frustrations as an old school kind of guy (no trackpad ).

So living life in the consumers shoes should provide him with some clear perspective should he return to his old chair.

Also, best case scenario,

1) he rids of the term "mobile computing"
    2) takes BB private in to a quiet little room to work on rebuilding it
    3) brings Blackberry back with "quantum computing"

Lazaridis, creator of the BlackBerry, Wants to Build a Quantum Computer in Waterloo | MIT Technology Review

^ all of the above is very unlikely, but nevertheless, not impossible.
    Replace one buzz word with another? lol

"Mobile computing was so yesterday. From this day forward, Blackberry will be working on the quantum computing future!"
    09-24-13 09:00 AM
    Replace one buzz word with another? lol
    A buzz word worth well over $250 million in investment funded primarily by Mr Mike

As for buzz word Mobile computing, well... Thorsten couldn't even invest in a chip for Miracast or USB host for the Z10
    millwright40 and mikeo007 like this.
    09-24-13 09:06 AM
    Its funny how people who want BBRY to succeed long term want Mike L to lead this company. You guys need to let go of the past, this company is not the old BBRY, it is a shell of its former self and is on the verge of being broken up. Why would Watsa and Fairfax want Mike L anywhere near this company? Unless they want him to officially throw the final shovelful of dirt on this company?
    I don't recall anyone saying they want Mike L to return to lead the company. Even the rumors of his return don't speculate that. And the breakup of the company is anything but a foregone conclusion.
    The Aficionado likes this.
    09-24-13 09:43 AM
    A buzz word worth well over $250 million in investment funded primarily by Mr Mike

As for buzz word Mobile computing, well... Thorsten couldn't even invest in a chip for Miracast or USB host for the Z10
    Well, at least quantum computing has an established definition. He's definitely got a head start on Thorsten there.
    h20work, imz and The Aficionado like this.
    09-24-13 09:52 AM
    Wasn't it Mike L who bought QNX? Wasn't he also in charge of starting BB10 although very very slow at doing so? Wasn't it Mike L who ah created Blackberry? To me he might be the only one who would be passionate enough to keep the company from going under seeing... Well its his baby.

I can't see why anyone would see Thorsten as doing anything positive really.

Also its all looking like a set up to go private from from Mike & Jim stepping down. Couldn't really drive stock prices down to a low and be affordable then swoop in and say "oh I'll buy it what the heck"

Almost the same thing with Microsoft buying Nokia... Former MS executive becomes the CEO of Nokia, drives the stock prices down, Microsoft buys Nokia and Mr CEO is the largest running to become Microsofts next CEO.

Definitely think this and I'm not a conspiracy kind of person at all

Sent from my Samsung ATIV S using Tapatalk
    09-24-13 01:23 PM
    Most likely he is a part of it one way or another.
    Hey you guys are all wrong. Mike L is NOT part of the consortium. Someone can imagine what is happening behind the scene. This is one of the most important factor that no one mentioned!

check this out below.

"Fairfax CEO Prem Watsa said in an interview that the consortium at this point doesn’t include Mike Lazaridis, inventor of the BlackBerry and former co-CEO of the company, who has a 5.7 percent stake in the company."

BlackBerry
    09-24-13 08:02 PM
    I actually hope that Mike L will surprise us with a better offer.

He cares about the company and its products, unlike Heins who I just think wanted to get paid. Watsa I am not sure about, but he did at least believe enough in the company to invest on the way down and now make a bid (although he's getting a pretty great deal for $9)

But I think Lazaridis is humble enough to have learned from his mistakes in the past and his participation in BlackBerry would be a good thing

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 11:48 PM
    What price did Jim B get for his shares?
    10-03-13 05:26 AM