Chen's strategy seems to be working and he is fulfilling his mission.
    The strategy of reduced revenue and shrinking market share?
    Right, that one.
    05-18-15 06:32 PM
    Chen's strategy seems to be working and he is fulfilling his mission.
    Right, that one.
    But while the market and competition beat BB to the last inch of it's life, Chen raises his fist in victory and thinks, "the old strategy seems to be working, I got them right where I want them, over confident and tired..."

OR

As BB continues to hurt their fist with its face, it double down on its strategy, knowing, the beatings can't continue much longer. No one can withstand that amount of pain...
    So Chen yells, "say mother and the beatings will stop!!!"
    crackberry_geek likes this.
    05-18-15 07:48 PM
    But while the market and competition beat BB to the last inch of it's life, Chen raises his fist in victory and thinks, "the old strategy seems to be working, I got them right where I want them, over confident and tired..."

OR

As BB continues to hurt their fist with its face, it double down on its strategy, knowing, the beatings can't continue much longer. No one can withstand that amount of pain... Chen yells, "say mother and we'll stop!!!"
    Haha, a colorful way of saying Chen's recovery plan has not worked as well as he hoped.
    05-18-15 07:52 PM
    If the Canadian government would interfere that much with a mythical Microsoft merger then they need to put some skin in the game and reimbursement shareholders with a dollar for dollar match of Microsoft money

Posted via CB10
    05-18-15 08:12 PM
    It's an election year in Canada. There will be no change of ownership until 2016 at the earliest.
    05-18-15 08:38 PM
    Right, that one.
    You mean while also maintaining cash and making small quarterly profits? Yeah, that one.
    05-18-15 08:52 PM
    You mean while also maintaining cash and making small quarterly profits? Yeah, that one.
    With a subscriber base that's shrinking into oblivion because they can't migrate users from the old platform to the modern one. It's not enough of a value proposition. Right.
    05-18-15 08:56 PM
    Sold 1.6M phones last quarter...not *too* far off from the 10M annual goal Chen has stated, although obviously much work to be done to get there.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-15 09:01 PM
    Sold 1.6M phones last quarter...not *too* far off from the 10M annual goal Chen has stated, although obviously much work to be done to get there.

Posted via CB10

That's less than 1/5th of the projected goal, was that sarcasm???
    05-18-15 09:19 PM
    Haha, a colorful way of saying Chen's recovery plan has not worked as well as he hoped.
    sorry man, you had the funniest post I've seen to date. You sent so many visuals through my head I couldn't stop laughing...

It's like the Captain standing waste deep in water at the wheel of a sinking ship yelling for some paper towel to wipe the windshield...

Or the 5 story appt building that burned down and after fighting the fire all night one fireman comes out with a charred piece of 2x4 and says to the Chief, "your strategy prevented a total loss..."

Optimism is only practical to a point, eventually reality has to step up to the plate... I'm hopefully since I'm fully invested in BB for years, it's the only phone I've had for over a decade. But I would like to see some effort to rebound. A poster, bumper sticker or something...
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    05-18-15 09:28 PM
    could Windows 10, (completely skipping 9 like BBRY did with OS8 and 9) be a hint of something great is about to happen? I mean windows does have a lot of viruses and it needs the security of BBRY...

Windows + BB10 = Windows 10, get my drift?
    No, I heard MS skipped 9 as nine, or the German word means no.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    05-18-15 09:45 PM
    No, I heard MS skipped 9 as nine, or the German word means no.
    I heard because in the coding, Windows 8.1 was actually referred to as Windows 9, but because it was more of a maintenance release, they ended up calling it 8.1 (like bb 10.3.1).

Posted via CB10
    05-18-15 09:49 PM
    No no no I don't want Microsoft or apple or samsung to buy blackberry because we are strong and blackberry can survive by its self
    05-18-15 10:06 PM
    I prefer blackberry to be as it is: independent and awesome, with partners galore.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    05-18-15 10:28 PM
    No no no I don't want Microsoft or apple or samsung to buy blackberry because we are strong and blackberry can survive by its self
    How do you propose they do that with a dwindling user base and sputtering revenue?
    05-18-15 10:47 PM
    How do you propose they do that with a dwindling user base and sputtering revenue?
    They're going to have to do better... That or punt...
    05-18-15 11:34 PM
    See my post above yours. Stock price manipulation.
    Why not. But the option you imply i.e: that's Chen, is more than fantasy.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-15 02:10 AM
    That's less than 1/5th of the projected goal, was that sarcasm???
    10M annual means 2.5M per quarter so it's actually more than half.

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    05-19-15 02:56 AM
    10M annual means 2.5M per quarter so it's actually more than half.

Posted via CB10
    Whoops, I missed the unit of measurement ROFL...
    05-19-15 02:58 AM
    Yet they were a target of the investigation following the Samsung spike fiasco.
    Can you please stop your perpetual slur or at least provide anything factual to back them ?
    Where in earth did you read BlackBerry was anywhere targeted by SEC ?

SEC probes Blackberry options trading ahead of Reuters report about Samsung talks | Business | Reuters
    From source above :
    One trade the SEC is looking at took place at 12:06 p.m. on that day, when there was a purchase of options with the rights to buy 200,000 shares of BlackBerry stock at a strike price of $10 a share, the person said.
    The SEC is investigating whether a source of information provided to Reuters bought Blackberry options, according to the person familiar with the investigation.
    Both companies later denied they were in talks and BlackBerry’s shares tumbled. Reuters subsequently corrected its story to make clear that the discussions were between advisors rather than company officials.
    There is no indication that Reuters is a target of the investigation. A spokeswoman for Thomson Reuters declined to comment.
    05-19-15 06:43 AM
    With a subscriber base that's shrinking into oblivion because they can't migrate users from the old platform to the modern one. It's not enough of a value proposition. Right.
    Armchair C.E.Os lesson #1 : Larger income does not necessarily mean better profits.
    With that in mind, just check the figures again. You have 2 hours

P.S: I'm curious how/if you can estimate the BBOS7 to BB10 loyalty % (starting - say - 6 months after BB10 Launch). I'll buy it.
    05-19-15 06:54 AM
    I'm curious how/if you can estimate the BBOS7 to BB10 loyalty % (starting - say - 6 months after BB10 Launch). I'll buy it.
    This doesn't show the exact proportion, but gives a pretty good indication of the trend.Microsoft Rumored Buyout Of BlackBerry-imageuploadedbycb-forums1432040390.657089.jpg
    05-19-15 07:59 AM
    This shows the decrease of BlackBerry "subscribers" (BIS subscriptions and/or "activations" ?) we're unfortunately well aware of. But this cannot anyhow be used to know what % of "loyalists" (including returning customers) are now under BB10; which is the - tricky, I agree - question I have here.
    05-19-15 08:31 AM
    Chen's golden parachute: A bidding war between Microsoft, Apple and Samsung!

And I suppose anyone else that wants in.

STL100-4 /10.2.1.2976
    Apple would win,...if they wanted it badly enough. Of course, if they did, they'd have bought it by now.
    Coachbulldog likes this.
    05-19-15 12:24 PM
    This shows the decrease of BlackBerry "subscribers" (BIS subscriptions and/or "activations" ?) we're unfortunately well aware of. But this cannot anyhow be used to know what % of "loyalists" (including returning customers) are now under BB10; which is the - tricky, I agree - question I have here.
    I've heard anywhere from 8 million on the low end to 12 million on the high end of active BB10 users.
    05-19-15 01:44 PM
102 12345