05-26-15 12:14 PM
102 1234 ...
tools
    could Windows 10, (completely skipping 9 like BBRY did with OS8 and 9) be a hint of something great is about to happen? I mean windows does have a lot of viruses and it needs the security of BBRY...

Windows + BB10 = Windows 10, get my drift?
    05-17-15 10:55 PM
  2. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    You are of course correct. The chances of the Canadian government agreeing to a sale is zero. But I must admit, BlackBerry must be something up its selve if everyone wants them.

Posted via CB10
    Not true.. Canadian government would permit it under the right stringent conditions.. they have said so in the past. Any offer to purchase BlackBerry would have to meet its conditions...Some of which have been noted...

I think they would approve if it were from company like Microsoft, or Apple, for example, as long as jobs and benefits to Canada and specifically Waterloo are maintained or enhanced, and security issues would not be compromised... it would need to be seen as net benefit to Canada...

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by world traveler and former ceo; 05-18-15 at 04:10 AM.
    05-18-15 01:17 AM
    You mean, everybody except consumers?

Posted via CB10
    Consumers don't even know BlackBerry exists because BlackBerry refuses to tell them.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-15 01:44 AM
    I thought Exxon Oil was buying BB? At least that's the rumor I just started.
    05-18-15 01:46 AM
    Not true.. Canadian government would permit it under the right stringent conditions.. they have said so in the past. Any offer to purchase BlackBerry would have to meet its conditions...Some of which have been noted...

I think they would approve if it were from company like Microsoft, or Apple, for example, as long as jobs and benefits to Canada and specifically Waterloo are maintained or enhanced, and security issues would not be compromised... it would need to be seen as net benefit to Canada...

Posted via CB10
    I see where you are coming from but politically it is a non starter. There is not a government out there who would take the risk and approve the deal.

The problem with the net benefit test is that the criteria are exceedingly flexible and subject to interpretation. One need only look at the collapse of the potash deal to see all the machinations of the net benefit clause.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-15 06:25 AM
    I thought Exxon Oil was buying BB? At least that's the rumor I just started.
    No, it was burger King.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-15 06:27 AM
    No, it was burger King.

Posted via CB10
    I heard Walt Disney has joined the race to Ontario

Keep Calm and Berry On..........
    05-18-15 06:31 AM

Posted via CB10
    Agreed.

What stringent conditions can the Canadian government apply other than National Security?

Cannot see Microsoft as a potential purchaser being an issue re: National Security (eg Canada currently has strong national security links with US, as well as with UK, Australia, & NZ).
    05-18-15 09:49 AM
    Another takeover rumor ...
    Why the hell would ONE player do this when BlackBerry main force and focus (BES) is going platform agnostic and most know they NEED interoperability in the enterprise space ?
    So, why should they pay for something BlackBerry is currently offering "for free" ?

Oh, my 8ball ... I see ... I see ...
    partnerships.

And then a stupid victory dance like this:
    Microsoft Rumored Buyout Of BlackBerry-jim-carrey-dance-ace-ventura.gif
    05-18-15 11:18 AM
    How about the rumor that Ikea is planning to acquire BlackBerry? I think it would be a great fit, and I know a guy, whose landscaper has the inside information.
    Soapm likes this.
    05-18-15 11:39 AM
    Looks like the Apple rumour didn't gain the traction BBRY had hoped for. So now, the following week, there's a Microsoft rumour. This one has gained no traction whatsoever. Stock is down $0.05 right now.

BBRY needs to do something substantial to drive the stock, not leak silly rumours.
    05-18-15 11:48 AM
    Why do these rumors always start? I don't understand

Posted via CB10
    05-18-15 12:13 PM
    I also think that now is the time for BlackBerry to put these rumors to an end. It's actually getting out if hand.
    Every week there is something new. First samsung, then apple and now Microsoft. I understand that Chen doesn't want to address rumors because of the simply fact that they are rumors, however as BlackBerry loyalists, it would be nice to have some clarity.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-15 12:20 PM
    Looks like the Apple rumour didn't gain the traction BBRY had hoped for. So now, the following week, there's a Microsoft rumour. This one has gained no traction whatsoever. Stock is down $0.05 right now.

BBRY needs to do something substantial to drive the stock, not leak silly rumours.
    LOL.

Posted via CB10
    Reed Richards likes this.
    05-18-15 12:27 PM
    See my post above yours. Stock price manipulation.
    05-18-15 12:35 PM
    I also think that now is the time for BlackBerry to put these rumors to an end. It's actually getting out if hand.
    Technically, Microsoft would have to dispel this rumor since technically Blackberry doesn't know about its considering an offer yet. But, of course, since the rumor has made no waves whatsoever so no one is going to bother addressing it.

Anyway, I admit that the high number of rumors in such a short time frame is annoying. My speculation is that someone is desperate to sell out of the stock.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    05-18-15 01:27 PM

I don't believe that any of these 'leaks' / rumours are generated by BlackBerry.... however it is not unlikely that some of them are being instigated by hedge funds.
    Superfly_FR and MarsupilamiX like this.
    05-18-15 02:13 PM
    I don't believe that any of these 'leaks' / rumours are generated by BlackBerry.... however it is not unlikely that some of them are being instigated by hedge funds.
    Yet they were a target of the investigation following the Samsung spike fiasco.
    05-18-15 03:04 PM

Posted via CB10
    Is the Canadian government currently subsidizing BlackBerry in any way? How are they able to block the sale?

Posted via CB10
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    05-18-15 03:49 PM
    How about the rumor that Ikea is planning to acquire BlackBerry? I think it would be a great fit, and I know a guy, whose landscaper has the inside information.
    Funny you mentioned this because I know the landscapers sister, and she was in a cab when the driver said the previous occupants were two plumbers from watergate who were in the same union as the plumbers in Waterloo who did some work at BB headquarters. According to them, your rumor is an unsubstantiated leak. They fixed the real problem and the drip that started your leak...
    05-18-15 03:56 PM

Posted via CB10
    The ones I start has to do with the power of suggestion. I don't have a clue what's up which is suggested by the rumors I start. Another reason for rumors is there are other people like me...
    05-18-15 04:01 PM
    See my post above yours. Stock price manipulation.
    I dunno that that's the case anymore. After all, there are only so many times buyout rumors will be capable of manipulating the stock. With all the buyout rumors that have cropped up over the last few years... the "Boy who cried wolf" syndrome would have kicked in quite a while ago.

Via Tapatalk
    05-18-15 04:05 PM
    Stock Price Manipulation....

I dunno that that's the case anymore. After all, there are only so many times buyout rumors will be capable of manipulating the stock. With all the buyout rumors that have cropped up over the last few years... the "Boy who cried wolf" syndrome would have kicked in quite a while ago.

Via Tapatalk
    Buyout rumours will continue to be generated (and some of them might actually be genuine!) and some traders will continue to react, because if there is a takeover the share price will go up significantly (eg 20%+). If the rumour turns out to be untrue, the trader will not necessarily lose much (eg < 1%).

Why will some traders instigate fake rumours (which is illegal in the developed world....)? Possibly because they are buying on the margin and therefore a small percentage increase in stock price will generate the trader a much larger percentage profit.
    05-18-15 04:34 PM
    05-18-15 04:58 PM
    its like telling your buddies you just made love to a beautiful woman without actually ever making love to anyone
    05-18-15 06:20 PM
102 1234 ...