12-12-14 11:02 AM
91 ... 234
tools
    The main thing I'd want to do when reviewing a document on a phone is view comments that others have made and review changes. Two things you can't do on docs to go.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-14 12:04 AM
    The main issue with Office 365 not being native is that is cannot be run in the work perimeter of a Balance enabled phone. For security purposes, the Android player does not exist on the work side of the phone.

Posted via CB10
    Soulstream, mornhavon and grahamf like this.
    11-10-14 06:20 AM
    The main issue with Office 365 not being native is that is cannot be run in the work perimeter of a Balance enabled phone. For security purposes, the Android player does not exist on the work side of the phone.

Posted via CB10
    Good point.
    11-10-14 07:35 AM
    I have not had any real to update my Office 2003. I just use OpenOffice on my computer

Posted via CB10
    11-11-14 08:55 PM

Posted via CB10
    Can someone please explain this
    a little better.

Being a legacy user and having never used BB10, I was just about to ask what is the disadvantage of using Office as Android app vs. a native Blackberry version.

Particularly how strong is the security of both versions?

E.g. if you install the Android version, would that open the phone to security issues, just by the app being on the phone? I mean like the would an Android version app somehow reconfigure/weaken the security settings in order to run and thus enable security breach?
    11-30-14 09:35 AM
    I mean like the would an Android version app somehow reconfigure/weaken the security settings in order to run and thus enable security breach?
    I think it's safe to say that if you're going to use an app on a device that it was not designed to be used on then you aren't putting either security nor reliability on the top of your priority list. The official answer, of course, will be "not supported" and any unofficial answer - and there's no better place to get one than right here - will be largely unsubstantiated and biased towards saying "Don't worry, it'll be fine."
    12-01-14 06:36 AM
    Can someone please explain this
    a little better.
    If you are using a BB10 phone, provisioned by your employer on a BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES10 or newer) you are provided a work partition on the phone. This is what BlackBerry calls Balance. You have the default personal space on the phone in addition to a work space separated by a partition. You control what happens on the personal side and your employer controls the work side. By default, the Android Player does not function on the work side. BlackBerry designed it this way for the purpose of security. In fact, you can only install applications on the work side that are approved by your employer. Therefore, Android apps (Office 365) can't be installed on the work side. Additionally, work files can not be accessed by personal applications (there are some exceptions that the BES Admin can allow). But it is difficult to use personal side applications to do work that is started on the work side of the phone.

If you are not provisioned on BES, then it's not an issue. But as a work device, more native development is needed on enterprise applications like Office.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-14 02:03 PM
    Idk docs to go is just that working with documents on the go. If you want finer control of every last detail then use a larger screen device like a tablet, or computer,laptop, pc/mac.

Personally one drive and docs to go is all I really need.
    I have full office at home/tablet if I need it

Posted via CB10
    12-02-14 11:49 AM
    On the phone maybe not, but with the phone docked to a monitor (the docking station done by blackberry has both hdmi and usb to power the phone), a blue tooth mouse and keyboard paired, this might be another story.
    How about a small phone hooked up to a 32" monitor?
    12-02-14 12:10 PM
    Just give me One Note....I can manage with Docs to go for the rest.
    12-03-14 03:06 PM
    @ealry2bed
    @Old Ag

Thanks for the info. It makes all sense to me now. I guess one can't include parts of a less secure system in a more secure system without a tradoff in final security.
    12-03-14 03:23 PM
    Office was updated today in Google Play, and the spacing problem it had on the Passport is now fixed. I haven't done a lot of testing, but that particular glitch is gone.

Seems to work well.
    12-11-14 04:55 PM
    Despite over 9,000 votes in support, Microsoft has decided bringing OneNote to BB10 is too complex of an endeavour.

https://onenote.uservoice.com/forums...for-blackberry

Thanks for expressing your support for a BlackBerry version of OneNote. Our engineers have investigated the possibility of releasing the Android version of OneNote on BlackBerry, and unfortunately, it appears that will be difficult to do—we were hoping it would be easy to get OneNote for Android running on BB10, but that hasn’t been the case. Given our current priorities, and the work required to do this, we can’t commit to doing this for the foreseeable future. Sorry for the bad news, but we wanted to be clear about where we’re at and that we did investigate the possibility of doing this.
    12-11-14 11:44 PM
    it is a small phone we're talking. How much would you do with Office on your phone? Documents to Go works very well for editing, etc. I am not sure BB needs it.
    Your needs might be met, but as more and more people have access to mobile.... some might not have access to other larger devices. And to remember it is possible to dock BlackBerry and use much larger screen and even keyboard and mouse.

Does BlackBerry need MS Office.... It sure wouldn't hurt for a mobile device that is suppose to be targeting the business customer to have the biggest player in documents on board.
    12-12-14 08:54 AM
    I installed Microsoft Office on my Z10 by Snap and works perfectly, also Chrome, but both only 10.3.1.1016

Posted via CB10
    Could you post a vid please?

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1154
    12-12-14 09:27 AM
    Here's a screenshot of a document on OneDrive, open for editing.

Microsoft Office now available on iPhone and coming to Android... (Not BlackBerry)-img_20141212_115848.jpg
    12-12-14 11:02 AM
91 ... 234