12-12-14 11:02 AM
91 1234
tools
    LoL, "We'll steal your app, and make it our own!". Not sure that's gonna work.
    Guess you missed this part:
    with Microsoft's approval of course.
    11-07-14 02:04 PM
    Guess you missed this part:
    Inserted after you originally posted, so yes I did
    11-07-14 02:09 PM
    Q10 with 10.3.1.1016 the following Android apps work

- Office Mobile (this includes office apps, Sharepoint and office 365 integration)
    - Onenote ( including cloud based notebooks on your onedrive or sharepoint accounts
    - Onedrive.
    - Lync

In this leaked OS these apps both work and are very useable because you now have 3 choices for the window scaling.

All of these apps can easily be downloaded from google play using Snap.
    11-07-14 02:17 PM
    Its just crazy to me that they still havent brought this app to the platform. Back when the PlayBook launched, they had a survey in the beta zone for how they would introduce it to the platform.

Docs to Go is good for the basics but if you want extra features or really need to do some excel functions, its seriously lacking
    alan510 likes this.
    11-07-14 02:40 PM
    as long as docs to go works with all office apps i don't have a need of office i like the native built docs to go.
    11-07-14 02:51 PM
    I installed Microsoft Office on my Z10 by Snap and works perfectly, also Chrome, but both only 10.3.1.1016

Posted via CB10
    I bet it doesn't

Posted Via My Passport From The Big T.O
    11-07-14 02:52 PM
    Yeah, we're your closest competitor in smartphone OS market share and we'd like to use your software to try to sell more of our devices. You're OK with that aren't you?
    11-07-14 03:28 PM
    I think blackberry is scaring the sh#!t out of apple, Google and Microsoft, that is why they don't want to bring any app to blackberry's ecosystem

Posted via CB10
    11-07-14 03:40 PM
    I think blackberry is scaring the sh#!t out of apple, Google and Microsoft, that is why they don't want to bring any app to blackberry's ecosystem

Posted via CB10
    LOL.

Nah. I respectfully doubt that they are overly afraid.
    11-07-14 03:55 PM
    More like they don't care about the 0.5% marketshare to devote any resources,,,
    11-07-14 04:25 PM
    I use Microsoft Office Mobile on my Passport all the time. It works fine and the Onebox integration makes backing up newly created documents or spreadsheets simple. Why build a native app when the android version works fine. I have had zero issues.
    11-07-14 07:03 PM
    Well being available on android means available on BlackBerry really. So it's not a lie. Just not available on BlackBerry World is all.

Mikescraftbeer.com - C00012735/ Mike Garson Photography - C00471EA8
    11-07-14 07:14 PM
    There's no shortage of examples of things that have been made available on ios and android and deliberately left out BlackBerry but that actually isn't the case in this instance.. it's available specifically for android tablets not phones.. BlackBerry doesn't make a tablet so I'm not sure why anyone would expect it to be supported. Yes we can download the apk and install it, just like people with android phones can..not everything is a conspiracy.

Posted via CB10
    mornhavon and Jiggy1971 like this.
    11-07-14 07:23 PM
    I installed Microsoft Office on my Z10 by Snap and works perfectly, also Chrome, but both only 10.3.1.1016

Sorry, when you meant Snap, did you meant Snapchat, Snap 10 or?

Could you teach me how to install the 365?
    Posted via CB10
    11-07-14 10:35 PM
    BB10 will remain the OS with the crappiest Office apps. Only 1 half baked native vs 20+ on other platforms.

Greta job BlackBerry smart investment in buying a big chunk of Datawiz for 50million to bring DocsToGo natively which sucks compared to the Android DocsToGo lmaooo. DocsToGo on any OS just sucks, BlackBerry just hs to have the worst version..
    early2bed likes this.
    11-08-14 12:22 AM
    There's no shortage of examples of things that have been made available on ios and android and deliberately left out BlackBerry but that actually isn't the case in this instance.. it's available specifically for android tablets not phones.. BlackBerry doesn't make a tablet so I'm not sure why anyone would expect it to be supported. Yes we can download the apk and install it, just like people with android phones can..not everything is a conspiracy.

Posted via CB10
    It's coming for phones. Read the source blog post. Additionally, all the current office apps are available on Android phones. I have them installed since I'm an Office 365 subscriber on my Windows 8.1 PC.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk
    11-08-14 05:44 AM
    But BlackBerry is touting the Passport as a phone you want to do that on...
    you can have simple edit. but seriously - nothing major. and there is no point to be able to have full ms office in phone but to use like 5% of its capabilities.
    11-08-14 06:27 AM
    it is a small phone we're talking. How much would you do with Office on your phone? Documents to Go works very well for editing, etc. I am not sure BB needs it.
    Yup, I agree, Docs to go does the trick. I would like BlackBerry to add a few extra features but that is sort of it.

Windows on small mobile devices just hasn't caught on. The truth is the 16:9 form factor sucks no matter the size of the screen. Ironic, It only makes some sense if you go wide. Oh well, nobody said MS is stocked with geniuses. Let's just hope they don't screw up the next windows release like the last couple.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-14 07:18 AM
    It's now called "Office Mobile" (for Android) and works in conjunction with "One Drive"
    I use Microsoft Office 2013 Pro. on my Computers and with Office OneDrive ( offered in the office suite)
    It works flawlessly.
    I have a Z10 with OS 10.3.1.1016
    11-08-14 07:20 AM
    It's now called "Office Mobile" (for Android) and works in conjunction with "One Drive"
    I use Microsoft Office 2013 Pro. on my Computers and with Office OneDrive ( offered in the office suite)
    It works flawlessly.
    I have a Z10 with OS 10.3.1.1016
    It's not flawless on my Passport, running 1016. The main flaw I've noticed is that in edit mode the space bar inserts two spaces instead of one. That's enough to make it unusable.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
    11-08-14 07:46 AM
    It's not flawless on my Passport, running 1016. The main flaw I've noticed is that in edit mode the space bar inserts two spaces instead of one. That's enough to make it unusable.

An idea:

Could you use the word substitution feature of BB10, and change two spaces into one?

Can't try, don't have an Office subscription atm. If you can try this for us, let us know.. :-)

EDIT: just trying on my Q10 on 10.2.1, it won't accept "spaces in the original word"

? ? ? Qchen ? ? ?
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    11-08-14 08:42 AM

I see! Dang that's a PITA.

An idea:

Could you use the word substitution feature of BB10, and change two spaces into one?

Can't try, don't have an Office subscription atm. If you can try this for us, let us know.. :-)

EDIT: just trying on my Q10 on 10.2.1, it won't accept "spaces in the original word"

? ? ? Qchen ? ? ?
    Exactly! Dagnabit
    11-08-14 08:53 AM
    Since I still spend the majority of my document editing time in front of a PC or laptop I can wait a little longer but would really like to see fully featured Office on all platforms.

BTW, not sure it has been mentioned but MS recently upped our 365 Personal plan to 5 full installs with 1TB OneDrive storage for the 4 dependant users and get this, !!UNLIMITED!! storage for the primary account holder. First, it too had 1TB then it went to 10TB and now unlimited TBs. Along with that, we get 5 tablet installs. Crazy hard to compete with that stuff.
    mkelley65 likes this.
    11-08-14 09:47 AM
    we have presenter mode in docs to go to my concern passport came preloaded with all that I need
    11-08-14 10:51 AM
    It's coming for phones. Read the source blog post.
    I just read the source blog post in its entirety for a second time now. I don't see any mention of it coming for android phones, just a tablet preview.. care to quote the passage in question?

Posted via CB10
    11-08-14 11:06 AM
91 1234