05-18-15 01:26 PM
69 123
tools
    Because Microsoft has all the money to burn on R&D. Unlike BlackBerry. Which is on a very tight budget.
    microsoft doesn't burn their money for nothing
    04-07-15 10:41 PM
    Microsoft is very large company and they can risk with every product lol, while smallest companys needs to be 100% sure in their product before lunching it on a market .
    04-17-15 04:32 AM
    $3 Billion a Quarter for R&D and they have Jack to show for it. A complete waist of money. It's not how much you spend on R&D, its about how successful and unique your R&D unit will be for what budget is allocated to them.
    Exactly, I have never seen ANYONE use a windows phone. I have never heard ANYONE even talk about a windows phone.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-15 08:53 AM
    Exactly, I have never seen ANYONE use a windows phone. I have never heard ANYONE even talk about a windows phone.

Posted via CB10
    In europe(romania) I see quite a few WP devices, definitely more than BB10 devices. It helps that WP8 is the best OS for low-end phones (lumia 5XX series).
    04-18-15 10:40 AM
    I tried a Windows phone for a couple of weeks and it was just awful. The only nice thing was the Cortana voice assistant.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-15 05:50 PM
    Microsoft never went anywhere except in the realm of public opinion. They control around 90% of the desktop market, a good chunk of the server and enterprise app market, close to 100% of the office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) market, 50% of the game consul market. Bing is the second place search engine. They are not an underdog and haven't been for a really long time. I think it's a good thing they've had to swallow some humble pie in the mobile market.
    On top of that, they make some of the very best PC peripheral hardware on the market (and for decades this has been true). Better than Logitech on average.

And their Surface line has been widely acclaimed.

Unfortunately their online shop uses Digital River, like BlackBerry does. I hate Digital River.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-15 09:11 AM
    I used one until they discontinued WP 7.8. It wasn't bad, but lacked a lot of apps.
    04-22-15 10:22 AM
    The reason why I never tried Windows Phone is because of those lengthy animations that camouflage the loading of elements. Can't stand them, and knew it would get on my nerves. That's why I like BB10 (less nonsense).

Posted via CB10
    04-22-15 02:44 PM
    The reason why I never tried Windows Phone is because of those lengthy animations that camouflage the loading of elements. Can't stand them, and knew it would get on my nerves. That's why I like BB10 (less nonsense).

Posted via CB10
    I guess you never used a playbook.
    04-22-15 02:48 PM
    I guess you never used a playbook.
    Never did, sounds like I'd hate it. Modern BB10 isn't so animation-heavy as other mobile OS's on the market.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-15 02:52 PM
    Modern BB10 isn't so animation-heavy as other mobile OS's on the market.
    Other than the prolonged startup screen. Lol
    04-22-15 03:17 PM
    Other than the prolonged startup screen. Lol
    The startup does a full system check during boot. For security reasons. I don't believe any other mobile OS does a full check at startup.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-15 11:38 PM

Posted via CB10
    The transition animations don't really add anything to the user experience. The only reason they are there is because of the wow factor in the store and should attract buyers. Once you actually want to do something productive they become annoying.

As usual, content is king and transition animations are not content.
    04-23-15 02:40 PM
    We'll the author of the article can continue to 'lug' around his MacBook POS. I'll stick with my Razer Blade any day of the week. Hope he enjoys his overpriced, under powered piece of junk.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-15 03:16 PM
    We'll the author of the article can continue to 'lug' around his MacBook POS. I'll stick with my Razer Blade any day of the week. Hope he enjoys his overpriced, under powered piece of junk.

Posted via CB10
    The Razer Blade was sort of based on the redesigned MacBook Pro, you know. And the new MacBook isn't really designed to be anything more than an expensive chromebook.

I like some Apple hardware and I used to love OSX, but it sucks now. Last good OS was Snow Leopard.
    04-23-15 05:49 PM
    The Razer Blade was sort of based on the redesigned MacBook Pro, you know. And the new MacBook isn't really designed to be anything more than an expensive chromebook.

I like some Apple hardware and I used to love OSX, but it sucks now. Last good OS was Snow Leopard.
    Snow Leopard.... legendary! :-)

  Passposted while waiting for the Z-lider....  
    04-23-15 11:00 PM
    Snow Leopard.... legendary! :-)

  Passposted while waiting for the Z-lider....  
    Right? They almost had that tick-tock schedule like Intel. New OS with new features and looks, then a followup OS with serious optimization. Snow Leopard was the epitome of that, such a great OS (one of the best of all time).

Here's a great little op-ed that I found online that details this very thing: http://www.tekrevue.com/yosemite-bug...-snow-leopard/

I'm fully migrating to Windows and Linux as we speak. Testing both with my workflow. I just wish I could get Thunderbolt working reliably.
    Last edited by deadcowboy; 04-24-15 at 12:43 PM.
    04-24-15 12:25 PM
    The startup does a full system check during boot. For security reasons. I don't believe any other mobile OS does a full check at startup.
    I've been using BlackBerry for 6 years. Fully aware of that.
    05-17-15 07:51 AM
    Right? They almost had that tick-tock schedule like Intel. New OS with new features and looks, then a followup OS with serious optimization. Snow Leopard was the epitome of that, such a great OS (one of the best of all time).

Here's a great little op-ed that I found online that details this very thing: http://www.tekrevue.com/yosemite-bug...-snow-leopard/

I'm fully migrating to Windows and Linux as we speak. Testing both with my workflow. I just wish I could get Thunderbolt working reliably.
    There are a lot of people in the Mac space calling for another "snow leopard" release. Me included. Do a couple years developing ZERO new features. Refine the ones you have. Mavericks and Yosemite brought a lot of great new whizbang features...but they DESPERATELY need refinement. I'll always have a Mac. I'm just that guy. But I'll be shopping for a new desktop PC for my girlfriend (a kindergarten teacher) once Windows 10 comes.
    05-18-15 01:26 PM
69 123