Anyone want this feature?
    Meanwhile in 10.3-10.3.jpeg
    I sure do

Better android than android. The future is black....
    02-13-14 06:22 AM
    What is the feature? I can't tell from the picture.

Posted via CB10
    02-13-14 06:24 AM
    LOL, a playbook OS on a devAlpha ?
    h20work and q649 like this.
    02-13-14 06:25 AM
    LOL, a playbook OS on a devAlpha ?
    You mean UI.

The Dev Alpha always ran BlackBerry OS 10. Even when the Dev Alpha was running the WebOS inspired UI instead of the Meego inspired UI, it still said "BlackBerry OS 10" in the about screen.

Originally, BlackBerry 10 was going to launch with the same UI as the PlayBook's. The Dev Alpha was originally going to be the BlackBerry Colt and Mike and Jim were set to launch it as the first BlackBerry 10 device. It was only after Nokia gave up on Meego that BlackBerry 10 was delayed for months so that the BlackBerry 10 UI could be changed to closely match the UI of the recently killed-off Meego OS.

The Dev Alpha never ran the Tablet OS. It did run the original UI of BlackBerry 10 though.
    Last edited by Raddin; 02-13-14 at 07:09 AM.
    02-13-14 06:56 AM
    You mean UI.

The Dev Alpha always ran BlackBerry OS 10. Even when the Dev Alpha was running the WebOS inspired UI instead of the Meego inspired UI, it still said "BlackBerry OS 10" in the about screen.

Originally, BlackBerry 10 was going to launch with the same UI as the PlayBook's. The Dev Alpha was originally going to be the BlackBerry Colt and Mike and Jim were set to launch it as the first BlackBerry 10 device. It was only after Nokia gave up on Meego that BlackBerry 10 was delayed for months so that the BlackBerry 10 UI could be changed to closely match the UI of the recently killed-off Meego OS.

The Dev Alpha never ran the Tablet OS. It did run the original UI of BlackBerry 10 though.
    In your opinion, did the original BlackBerry 10 have any legs? Or would it have been slaughtered?

Quality Poultry - Channel PIN: C004B64D1
    02-13-14 08:32 AM
    In your opinion, did the original BlackBerry 10 have any legs? Or would it have been slaughtered?

Quality Poultry - Channel PIN: C004B64D1
    That's impossible to say really, but I highly doubt it.

There are pros and cons to each. Some parts about the PlayBook UI on the Dev Alpha I really loved. For example, showcase mode rocked on that device and it immediately blew people away when they saw something like all 4 Angry Birds games running at once and they could see the animations play out and hear the audio from each. Of course you could also see YouTube videos play while minimized on that UI.

The big one for me from a everyday use standpoint was the multitasking and task-switching. With the original BlackBerry 10 UI, you just swiped from the edges to go into a different app. With the current UI, you have to swipe up, then poke the next app. An extra step starts to add up when repeated constantly. The newer UI appears to be much more bloated than the previous one also. I know I could easily open more applications at once on my 1GB PlayBook and Dev Alpha than I can on my Z10, even though the Z has twice the RAM. I never had a 8 app limit on the PlayBook, or Dev Alpha when it was running the original UI.

But do I think the original UI would have sold any better? Nah. I don't think anything UI-related would have made a noticeable difference.
    Gerii and anon5814103 like this.
    02-13-14 09:33 AM
    I think the OP means landscape for homescreen, or basically everything on the phone.

Posted via AT&T BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone
    Mr.mister and Bdot-1 like this.
    02-13-14 09:41 AM
    You mean UI.
    Correct, but what's the link with 10.3 ?
    Landscape homescreen and fullscreen task switching ?
    02-13-14 11:26 AM
    A post by BerryFlow hoping that landscape mode will come with 10.3.

Posted via CB10
    Mr.mister, kbz1960, Bdot-1 and 1 others like this.
    02-13-14 11:28 AM
    I would rather have them make the ui more flashy looking to have a better chance competing with stock android and ios7 based in visual appeal

Posted by my ZZZZZ33000
    rai187 likes this.
    02-13-14 10:07 PM
    Yeah sorry I was in a bit of a rush and wasn't specific enough, but this morning I saw a post in Berryflow and since I liked the idea so I wanted share it.
    Here is another one from Berryflow,
    Meanwhile in 10.3-img_20140214_010903.png
    @RedLightOfLove has posted this sneak peak which allows users push install requests by pressing the Install option on Play.Google.Com this is welcomed addition which will push the selected .APK to your sideloaded version of SNAP. Great if you spot a desired .APK while on your desktop.

02-14-14 12:16 AM
    I would rather have them make the ui more flashy looking to have a better chance competing with stock android and ios7 based in visual appeal

Posted by my ZZZZZ33000
    Exactly, they should have included an option to switch in a load of flashy TAT ui. If you ever looked at their website they had some real amazing stuff that would have wowed kids especially, and differentiated them. This is what they needed rather than a dull "me to" ui.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-14-14 02:46 AM
    Exactly, they should have included an option to switch in a load of flashy TAT ui. If you ever looked at their website they had some real amazing stuff that would have wowed kids especially, and differentiated them. This is what they needed rather than a dull "me to" ui.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    Agreed! I'm hoping, at some point, for an iOS 7 style complete design overhaul! Bb10 is not bad, but it looks too standard, too default and uninspiring! One thing I give credit to Apple for is their designs are the best, software and hardware.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-14 04:44 AM
    Agreed! I'm hoping, at some point, for an iOS 7 style complete design overhaul! Bb10 is not bad, but it looks too standard, too default and uninspiring! One thing I give credit to Apple for is their designs are the best, software and hardware.

Posted via CB10
    Except that ios7 looks horrible...

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960, anon5814103 and Mr.mister like this.
    02-14-14 06:06 AM

Posted via CB10
    When I downloaded the BlackBerry express beta, I was amazing by the look and feel of it. I too agree about ui being a bit dull.

02-14-14 06:15 AM
    Except that ios7 looks horrible...

Posted via CB10
    Some parts are terrible and some are nicely done.

02-14-14 06:16 AM
    Bb10 looks incredibly dull and dreary next to iOS7 though.
    I admit not all parts looks great. As someone posted above some parts looks excellent and others not so, just like any other OS. But I still think Apple have the best looking OS out there.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-14 07:14 AM
    Bb10 looks incredibly dull and dreary next to iOS7 though.
    I admit not all parts looks great. As someone posted above some parts looks excellent and others not so, just like any other OS. But I still think Apple have the best looking OS out there.

Posted via CB10
    Disagree. For some reason, Apple actually ditched Creativity (tm) and uses amateur designs for its icon. The keyboard, I admit, looks very "futuristic", but it's only because of the white color.

A very good example is the fact that they changed the Game Center icon from a bunch of games to NBC icon x2, which will 100% stump anyone who sees it without knowing what it is. To make sure you get the point, they mish mash flat gradients all over the place at varying angles with multiple slight variations of the same color.

Apple managed to **** on the collective interface designers of the world and sell a **** ton of the monstrosity. It's as if Apple wants to say "See people! Even when we make bad stuff, people will still buy it!"

I do think that we can all agree that Apple is really something else

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.1925
    02-14-14 07:29 AM
    I do think that we can all agree that Apple is really something else
    (sorry for OT) Apple Loyalty Study: iPhone owners blindly loyal to Apple | BGR
    02-14-14 09:11 AM
    I remember once, someone argue with me that iphone was better because there was no customization. And that macs where better computers that never loose speed because apple knew how to chose the part (hdd, motherboard, cpu, gpu) so well that you don't need to change the part so that justified the price.

02-14-14 10:09 AM
    I want chat heads in 10.3. But not just for Facebook. Any instant messaging you choose. And for the 'chathead' to hover over any screen. And app until it is thrown away. Clicking on the chat head drops down the convo on the page ur on and clicking on it retracts the convo.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-14 11:49 AM
    I remember once, someone argue with me that iphone was better because there was no customization. And that macs where better computers that never loose speed because apple knew how to chose the part (hdd, motherboard, cpu, gpu) so well that you don't need to change the part so that justified the price.

The kind of bullcrap people will splurge for justifying Apple's "overprice everything".

When I first got my hands on an iPhone 3GS, the fact that I can't customize certain ringtones horrified me: "this is the kind of bullcrap my sister had to endure everyday?"

The only thing Macs are good at is running an OSX, mostly because OSX isn't available anywhere else

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.1925
    02-14-14 09:31 PM
    I would be all over the PlayBook ui with the BB10 keyboard and hub.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-14 12:43 AM