Leaked photos of BBM working on bb10 test phone in power reducing color schemes.

BB10
    07-08-12 05:19 PM
    BB10’s BlackBerry Messenger spotted, shows off neat power-saving design
    ^ There's the link to the desktop version of the article. OP's directs to the mobile site.
    07-08-12 05:27 PM
    This doesn't imply that they have it working yet, only that they have how they want it to look in the end for reduced power consumption. They may have it working, but I don't think these documents in any way prove it.
    07-08-12 05:38 PM
    This doesn't imply that they have it working yet, only that they have how they want it to look in the end for reduced power consumption. They may have it working, but I don't think these documents in any way prove it.
    Sadly given what appear to be fabricated photos of bb10 in the past you may indeed be correct.
    07-08-12 05:56 PM
    My problem is not if it exists. But who will use it. I am the only one I know that has a blackberry. I guess I could chat with myself.

Seriously. It need to go multi platform
    07-08-12 09:34 PM
    Those are just mock-ups tho, aren't they? Kindof like a photoshop job to show what it would look like? I'd want to see an actual photograph of it working before I get too excited over it.
    07-08-12 09:34 PM
    Just charge $10/month if they want it they will pay for it eh. Win win
    07-08-12 10:26 PM
    Just charge $10/month if they want it they will pay for it eh. Win win
    not if they have no blackberry user friends that get it for free. if the majoity of smartphone users still had berries and most people still had BBM friends it would be worth it but since there are so many apple and android users having an instant messaging service that you have to pay for is stupid and pointless
    07-08-12 10:33 PM
    maybe Rim will have to impose an end date with this project and rely on final touch/es thru software updates. Read article in Australian computer mag that states Balance factor in RIM QNX is the major factor that could save RIM. Why is it such a crucial factor.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    07-09-12 01:47 AM
    you make a very excellent point as I suffer from the same problem. its why I cant use BBM. No one I know has a BB device. I have an 8520,9800,9860 and Playbook 64GB-we just talk amongst ourselves. Keep things in house.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    07-09-12 01:52 AM
    I've got contacts who are primarily family and friends, but I've also got friends from this site. Also had some friends through BBM Music.

I know there is a fee for BBM Music, but that might be a starting point to get to know people rather than sending your PIN out, which I would never do.

Just an idea.....
    07-09-12 03:54 AM
    Do you seriously believe BB10 will not come with BBM ?
    are.you.serious ?

I even forecast a stronger embed (flow) with connected apps and [full speculation zone] believe it will be somehow connected with video capabilities, at least native one [/full speculation zone].
    07-09-12 05:29 AM
    are.you.serious ?

I even forecast a stronger embed (flow) with connected apps and [full speculation zone] believe it will be somehow connected with video capabilities, at least native one [/full speculation zone].
    Everyone knows BBM will be in BB10, but it could also be contributing to the delays in BB10, i.e. because it is not working yet. We know that it didn't get put into the Playbook and probably won't until BB10, even the 4G Playbook will likely not have it which is crazy. BIS and BES don't work and from what we have seen wont work with Playbook and BB10, and BBM is integrated into the BIS/BES infrastructure. They are probably having to install the equivalent of a BIS version of Mobile Fusion to make BBM on the new platform possible.
    07-09-12 08:38 AM
    are.you.serious ?

Not anymore than I could believe that RIM would release a tablet without an native email app, not anymore that I taught it would take almost a year before that tablet would get native email....

RIM has a lot of really great ideas about the use of BBM and having it integrated with the OS and other applications. The problem is being able to implement all those ideas. You have to walk before you can run... and I think RIM is still crawling.
    07-09-12 08:58 AM
    I seriously hope that messenging core of BBM itself is completed. It's not really a complicated app to make. Maybe the UI is buggy or needs refinement.

Does anyone know if BIS/BES is completed for QNX? I thought people posted here that QNX core development was completed by now. Doesn't RIM have to tell app developers what's ready and what's not? How are they building apps?
    07-09-12 09:18 AM
    Everyone knows BBM will be in BB10, but it could also be contributing to the delays in BB10, i.e. because it is not working yet. We know that it didn't get put into the Playbook and probably won't until BB10, even the 4G Playbook will likely not have it which is crazy. BIS and BES don't work and from what we have seen wont work with Playbook and BB10, and BBM is integrated into the BIS/BES infrastructure. They are probably having to install the equivalent of a BIS version of Mobile Fusion to make BBM on the new platform possible.
    I don't get how MF is linked to this. It may eventually for managing multiple BB devices with the same BBM account but for "normal" use (1 device = 1 BBM account) why would we need MF over BIS ?
    07-09-12 09:38 AM
    Not anymore than I could believe that RIM would release a tablet without an native email app, not anymore that I taught it would take almost a year before that tablet would get native email....
    Well, I understand that. But that's not my current point of view.
    Also it's my wildest reproach that they didn't market PB at launch as a Blackberry users' exclusive tool. But that's history now
    07-09-12 09:45 AM
    A cross platform alternative to SMS would be fantastic, but Apple isn't going to play nice as long they are a market leader. There are plenty of third party offerings, but only SMS works out of the box on all phones and all carriers.
    07-09-12 10:04 AM
    I don't get how MF is linked to this. It may eventually for managing multiple BB devices with the same BBM account but for "normal" use (1 device = 1 BBM account) why would we need MF over BIS ?
    You would have to ask RIM. Everything that I have read and heard states that BB10 will not work with BES. Craig even reiterated this on the last podcast stating that Mobile Fusion will be BES equivalent for BB10 devices, requiring companies to purchase and support a new infrastructure for BB10. It is actually Blackberry Device Service for Mobile Fusion that allows the management of BB10 devices.

Here is a link to RIM's own description of Blackberry Device Service that is part of Mobile Fusion http://bizblog.blackberry.com/2012/0...evice-service/
    Last edited by lnichols; 07-09-12 at 10:34 AM.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    07-09-12 10:30 AM
    The reason it isn't ready for the PlayBook was mainly due to the fact that they didn't know how to handle BBM accounts for people that use a BlackBerry phone and a PlayBook. To be honest, I don't think BBM should be available on the PlayBook, ever. I hate how iMessages is available on multiple devices. First of all, if you send an iMessages to someone that only has an iPad or iPod, but not an iPhone, then you have no idea when they will ever see the message. The power and beauty of BBM and SMS is that you know the person will receive the message on their phone which most people have on them at all times.
    07-09-12 10:56 AM
    I've got contacts who are primarily family and friends, but I've also got friends from this site. Also had some friends through BBM Music.

I know there is a fee for BBM Music, but that might be a starting point to get to know people rather than sending your PIN out, which I would never do.

Just an idea.....
    A fee for BBM music how does that work when itunes which syncs with blackberry has no fee?
    07-09-12 11:28 AM
    They should never announce BB10 until they were able to get BBM to integrate to do otherwise risks disappointment and RIM is phenomenal in the disappointment category.
    07-09-12 11:30 AM
    ... Everything that I have read and heard states that BB10 will not work with BES. Craig even reiterated this on the last podcast stating that Mobile Fusion will be BES equivalent for BB10 devices, requiring companies to purchase and support a new infrastructure for BB10. It is actually Blackberry Device Service for Mobile Fusion that allows the management of BB10 devices. ...
    I think you are correct. On the other hand, for companies that don't upgrade to Mobile Fusion or don't have BES at all, the BB10 phones should work with Exchange servers just like iPhones and Android phones do.

I also don't think that BIS will move much data for the BB10 phones, at least not in North America. RIM's network will probably be used for the BB10 phone the way it is used for the PlayBook, to help with email setup. There maybe some new cloud service. Perhaps email will move on the BIS network, but perhaps not. I think web traffic will be completely independant of BIS (no compression, no encryption ...). Just an opinion.
    07-09-12 11:51 AM
    You would have to ask RIM. Everything that I have read and heard states that BB10 will not work with BES. Craig even reiterated this on the last podcast stating that Mobile Fusion will be BES equivalent for BB10 devices, requiring companies to purchase and support a new infrastructure for BB10. It is actually Blackberry Device Service for Mobile Fusion that allows the management of BB10 devices.

Here is a link to RIM's own description of Blackberry Device Service that is part of Mobile Fusion Introducing BlackBerry Device Service for BlackBerry Mobile Fusion Inside BlackBerry for Business Blog
    Thanks, I'll dig that. Seems you got it right for BES (ahum, some posts to update, I believe). Yet, can we extend this to BIS ? Seems to me that the issues are slightly different.
    07-09-12 11:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD