Everyone talks about Frank Boulben and the ATROCIOUS marketing job he has done.(and they're right btw), but it seems Marty gets off the hook. This guy went on stage at the launch with an app wallpaper behind him....many of those titles and developers have yet to drop their apps in Blackberry World.....Not to mention no Instagram, No Netflix, No Spotify, Barely any bank apps, Rockstar games...etc etc.

But forget that.....what about what was shown... Halfbrick...fruit ninja...where??....shazaam...where?...viber..where ?...temple runs....where?....these are all developers who were shown on the backdrop.

How does Marty get off showing those developers and they still almost a year in arent here.....How does a man like that keep his job!?!?..

Marty has played a MAJOR role in Bb10 botched launch. He deserves more focus, and not hiding in the shadow of the ineptitude of the CMO....

Im not a troll, im Blackberry4life.......but we need Marty gone.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-13 01:03 AM
    People around here are starting to sound like villagers with torches (no pun intended) and pitchforks.

Check out my AZ MTB Channel C0006F5EB
    Warlack, BBPandy, itsyaboy and 6 others like this.
    10-01-13 01:30 AM
    You mean like this?

Attachment 206778
    Attached Thumbnails Marty Mallick....inept.-images.jpg  
    Last edited by JBML007; 10-01-13 at 05:21 AM.
    Mack Gans likes this.
    10-01-13 01:42 AM
    The problem with apps is much more than Marty Mallick and Alec Saunders, it is the problem with the whole company, that is, BlackBerry the company as a whole. Everyone at BlackBerry is putting up their poker faces while holding very badly dealt hands right now. It's a long series of mistake after mistake after mistake. Listening on Vector 13 as Kevin reflected on BlackBerry, seems like PlayBook played a large role in getting BlackBerry to where it is today, a huge waste of time and distraction at best. The inability to adapt as the popularity of BlackBerry device with consumers a few years ago was purely accidental and BlackBerry did not even have a CMO way back then. Unlike Apple that built the macs, the iPhones with non-business consumer in mind from the ground up. Only after success with non-business segment, Apple starts moving into the enterprise. Completely the reverse of BlackBerry. Certainty and relatively good future of the platform is what devs are looking for right now. Then, maybe only then can we hope for more apps.
    Warlack likes this.
    10-01-13 01:58 AM
    If it was selling well, apps will not be the problem.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-13 02:16 AM
    They did have 2 years to get their sh** together but with a delayed launch like BlackBerry had. Maybe the developers just didn't trust them. Or maybe their developer kits have been junk until recently. WP with endless pockets of cash doesn't even have the big players yet but they are newer to the cellphone business then BlackBerry obviously.

That's just me thinking in my head. Blackberry should have got the big players early but who knows with the big developers

Posted via CB10
    10-01-13 08:25 AM
    They did have 2 years to get their sh** together but with a delayed launch like BlackBerry had. Maybe the developers just didn't trust them. Or maybe their developer kits have been junk until recently. WP with endless pockets of cash doesn't even have the big players yet but they are newer to the cellphone business then BlackBerry obviously.

That's just me thinking in my head. Blackberry should have got the big players early but who knows with the big developers

Posted via CB10
    I agree. Money isn't the problem, MS still hasn't made any real advances either. but i think one of the contributing factors is that, even though BB isn't new to the game, BB10 is, and that's what we're seeing with them and WP. A lot of people like to throw around the fact that iOS had less apps than BB10 did at launch...and yes that's true, and I give credit to the BB10 team on that front, its a decent accomplishment to hit the ground fastwalking (wouldn't really say running), but what we are forgetting is that back when the iPhone launched, there was no huge app market. Yeah even in the days of the old Palm Pilots, there were handheld apps, etc., but it wasn't as big a deal and definitely not as important or lucrative for developers until the iPhone came. So I don't think that's a truly fair comparison. The iPhone truly reinvented the handheld app market and blew it the **** up. The market today is vastly different, and in order to do anything you have to have an ecosystem. Now I'm not saying BB hasn't had a hard time, and there were quite a bunch of major obstacles standing in their way, but i think they had more than 2 years to get on this...I would probably say more like 5-6, to start working on a serious strategy for apps even if BB10 wasn't in the plans yet. that may have set them up for when BB10 finally arrived. I think they may have deemed it not as important because of their focus on enterprise, but now looking back, it may have been more important than they thought given the initial BB10 strategy they started with. not sure if that makes sense, but just my thoughts.
    10-01-13 09:01 AM
    If app ransoms are at play (and I believe they are), then only an unlimited budget will work with developers who know BBRY is desperate, especially with MSFT throwing cash and raising the stakes.

I'm guessing that part of the mandate from way back when was to conserve as much cash as possible, so I doubt the app team had the cash needed to pay big name developers.
    ricocan likes this.
    10-01-13 09:01 AM
    People around here are starting to sound like villagers with torches (no pun intended) and pitchforks.

And rightly so, in my opinion. Time to burn the witches!
    10-01-13 10:24 AM
    Everyone talks about Frank Boulben and the ATROCIOUS marketing job he has done.(and they're right btw), but it seems Marty gets off the hook. This guy went on stage at the launch with an app wallpaper behind him....many of those titles and developers have yet to drop their apps in Blackberry World.....Not to mention no Instagram, No Netflix, No Spotify, Barely any bank apps, Rockstar games...etc etc.

But forget that.....what about what was shown... Halfbrick...fruit ninja...where??....shazaam...where?...viber..where ?...temple runs....where?....these are all developers who were shown on the backdrop.

How does Marty get off showing those developers and they still almost a year in arent here.....How does a man like that keep his job!?!?..

Marty has played a MAJOR role in Bb10 botched launch. He deserves more focus, and not hiding in the shadow of the ineptitude of the CMO....

Im not a troll, im Blackberry4life.......but we need Marty gone.

Posted via CB10
    I'm thinking if Boulben was handed a little larger of a budget, than he wud have done a better job!

Posted via CB10
    10-01-13 10:55 AM
    I'm thinking if Boulben was handed a little larger of a budget, than he wud have done a better job!
    I'm thinking he was given over $4,000,000+, and he spent it in 32 seconds on a Superbowl ad telling us the new Blackberry can't:

1) make you set yourself on fire
    2) give you elephant feet
    3) make you explode in to lots of colours
    4) turn a out of control truck in to lots of yellow rubber ducks (wtf?)

* Newsflash, the iPhone & Androids can't do ^ those things either, but can still do more than a BB10 (via apps) lol

What a great oppurtunity, what a down right waste of cash.
    After that, you want to give him a LARGER budget? Are you feeling ok?

10-01-13 11:05 AM
    "PlayBook played a large role in getting BlackBerry to where it is today" ... sorry there were many more fxxx ups after that.
    10-01-13 11:27 AM
    lol...how are they going to get others to develop for them when they can't even give away their own **** for free to other platforms
    10-01-13 12:42 PM

Posted via CB10
    I think there is a lot to this, bbry shot itself in the foot by protecting it's cash, or some other board influence would not let them spend the money on a good marketing campaign? Boulben could well have been set up to fail.

Ricocan
    10-01-13 01:00 PM

You should have said "pun intended"!

Posted via CB10 via my Z10
    10-01-13 02:51 PM