09-12-14 09:57 AM
39 12
tools
    Your on 10.3? How do you like it? Anything obvious missing?

Posted via CB10
    09-02-14 10:38 PM
    That you can't do with the Passport either. Lol. Texting and walking is dangerous. I don't think typing in a moving car would be more difficult. I'm just letting my auto correct doing its job.
    You can with the Classic and autocorrect never does a perfect job. I noticed not many people bother to correct the autocorrect mistakes these days
    09-03-14 01:35 AM
    Umm. So who is this person?

Posted via CB10
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    09-03-14 02:55 AM
    I'm really surprised no one has called him out on his BS yet.

1. Sidekicks never had wifi. Further, email was handled by the Danger servers which were permanently shut down in 2011. This makes his claim that he's doing email on one completely bogus.

2. How is he computing his typing speed without running an app or webpage?

3. The last Danger sidekick to come out was in April of 2009, so 5.5 years ago, not 4.

I gotta wonder what this guy's agenda is.
    SlcCorrado likes this.
    09-04-14 09:26 AM
    I type almost 40 wpm on my z30. I'm doing good to get 40 wpm on. Computer keyboard. I don't see the issue. I type on my z30 faster one handed than I do with both.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-14 02:16 PM
    Umm. So who is this person?

Posted via CB10
    Very rich and powerful. Founded broadcast.com and sold it at the height of the first tech bubble for a couple of billion. Now owns Dallas Mavericks NBA team, produces movies, and does a lot of VC investing. One of the "sharks" on ABC's Shark Tank.

I'm really surprised no one has called him out on his BS yet.

1. Sidekicks never had wifi. Further, email was handled by the Danger servers which were permanently shut down in 2011. This makes his claim that he's doing email on one completely bogus.

2. How is he computing his typing speed without running an app or webpage?

3. The last Danger sidekick to come out was in April of 2009, so 5.5 years ago, not 4.

Had no idea his tweets were total BS. Interesting. Maybe has a VC investment in Typo?
    09-04-14 02:21 PM
    Had no idea his tweets were total BS. Interesting. Maybe has a VC investment in Typo?
    I was reading replies to his tweets and so many people said they loved the Sidekick. I'm just surprised those people didn't remember how they worked!

I do agree that the Sidekick had the best physical keyboard, with a close, close second being the 99xx. Sidekicks were so easy to hold and they keyboard was spacious. I loved the keys on the original LX. They were rubberized and very comfortable to type on. They keys on the SK3 were hard plastic and the LX09 were rubberized but stiff.
    09-04-14 07:36 PM
    A lot of what Cuban says is BS.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-04-14 08:21 PM
    I'm afraid that I type slower with PKB. I'm typing this with Z30.
    Attachment 295273
    I agree with you, though I have not run the test. I have found that with the predictive keyboard and the swiping, I am faster and more accurate than with a PKB. That being said, I miss the hotkey feature. I'm VERY interested in how the Passport will work with its swipable keyboard.

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Zed30, eh.
    09-10-14 09:23 AM
    I was reading replies to his tweets and so many people said they loved the Sidekick. I'm just surprised those people didn't remember how they worked!

I do agree that the Sidekick had the best physical keyboard, with a close, close second being the 99xx. Sidekicks were so easy to hold and they keyboard was spacious. I loved the keys on the original LX. They were rubberized and very comfortable to type on. They keys on the SK3 were hard plastic and the LX09 were rubberized but stiff.
    Go Chiefs. Love your profile picture

Rockin Z30 running 10.3.0.1154
    09-10-14 06:09 PM
    Maybe he is talking about the Sidekick 4G?

That one runs Android so wouldn't have been bricked with the server shutdown.

Posted via CB10
    WWBlondieDo likes this.
    09-12-14 01:02 AM
    A lot of what Cuban says is BS.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Not when he's talking business.
    09-12-14 01:09 AM
    Maybe he is talking about the Sidekick 4G?

That one runs Android so wouldn't have been bricked with the server shutdown.

Posted via CB10
    I doubt it for two reasons:

1. All of the comments after the tweet are referencing the Danger Sidekicks. If he had been on an Android Sidekick he would have probably made that distinction in the comments.

2. He tweeted: "How much productivity is lost autocorrecting autocorrect? I TouchType 55 words per min on sidekick.I'm a - 10 words per min on IOS/Android" If he had been using the Android Sidekick he probably would have made the distinction "I'm a - 10 words per min on IOS/virtual keyboard Android."

Bonus: By the time the Android Sidekick came out in 2011 there were already much better Android options on the market, including ones with a slide keyboard like the MyTouch 4G Slide. This had a dual-core 1.2ghz processor compared to the 1ghz single core on the Sidekick (not to mention a 8mp camera vs the Sidekick's 3.2mp camera, yeesh!). You would think that Mark friggin' Cuban would have gone for the the higher-speced (specked?) device.
    09-12-14 09:46 AM
    I'm really surprised no one has called him out on his BS yet....

If David Stern were still the commissioner of the NBA he would probably use his BS tweets as another reason to fine Mark Cuban
    09-12-14 09:57 AM
39 12