12-21-11 09:16 PM
62 123
tools
    A pic of the supermodel wife would be helpful.
    moiselles likes this.
    12-19-11 06:57 PM
    I don't think anyone can successfully defend RIM or their self inflicted plunge into the abyss, but I find it very interesting that people are doing high fives and gaining some satisfaction in the companies demise.

Even beyond the bloggers and analysts, there is a morbid enjoyment like pulling the legs off an insect while smiling. Its almost like RIM has become the tech pinata for the world. Kinda creepy...

I personally would love to see them have an ace up their sleeve, but not holding my breath.
    You still don't get it, do you? Mankind doesn't want Rim to fail, RIM WANTS RIM TO FAIL! The CEO's of this once viable and vibrant company, are running it into the ground, and there is nothing that anyone can or better still WANTS to do about it. It really is a shame.
    12-19-11 08:16 PM
    All I can say, I will wait for the QNX next year. I'm going to hold on. I just really wish they should get some more apps.if RIM don't do anything remarkable nxt year! I'm going to switch to Apple or Android. Crackberry is getting less addictive. They must meet the consumers demands. " Apps Apps Apps " so please RIM don't force me switch, pleaseee..!! I still have my faith but I'm afraid its wearing thin.. These all negative news about RIM is just driving me crazy.. I upgraded my phone to bold 9930. So far so good, but it seems the device is still not enough for me.
    12-20-11 12:58 AM
    Mankind doesn't want RIM to fail. Rim isn't failing, I still have my blackberry and I'm satisfied despite the dysfunctions I have grown to know and love. I don't see myself switching platforms, I don't see the company announcing bankruptcy, they're making profits. If you can't be satisfied with your smart/feature/phone, then why do you even have a phone at all anyways? Leave others alone, don't bash them, leave rim alone, let them do business and make/sell products. People are very unappreciative nowadays. No offense.
    12-20-11 12:04 PM
    Mankind doesn't want RIM to fail. Rim isn't failing, I still have my blackberry and I'm satisfied despite the dysfunctions I have grown to know and love. I don't see myself switching platforms, I don't see the company announcing bankruptcy, they're making profits. If you can't be satisfied with your smart/feature/phone, then why do you even have a phone at all anyways? Leave others alone, don't bash them, leave rim alone, let them do business and make/sell products. People are very unappreciative nowadays. No offense.
    What do you mean, "why do you even have a phone at all anyways"? If someone is not happy with their current phone, the SMART solution is to change it out for something that floats their, boat--not to do as you suggest and not have a phone. that just doesn't make any sense, my man.

"Unappreciative"?? No...people want something that appeals to them and that they feel they are getting their money's worth from. For example, I paid $60 a month for two data lines when I had a storm for me and the missus. Because BB's are so lousy when it comes to browsing the net and there are so few apps, we hardly used any data, save for some Pandora streaming (which I love, but Pandora isn't worth $60/month). Fast forward to me having an Android (Bionic) and now I can get my money's worth out of that $60/month spent on data. Androids are so versatile, easy to browse the web, and have zillions of apps to utilize all that data I'm paying for. ergo, I was not "appreciative" of my under-performing BB.

You said "no offense", but you seem to be highly offended that some people aren't thrilled with RIM/BB. Can't we all just say what's on our mind re what we like and don't like without everyone getting uptight? It's not like we are dissing each other's lineage.
    12-20-11 01:08 PM
    Mankind doesn't want RIM to fail. Rim isn't failing, I still have my blackberry and I'm satisfied despite the dysfunctions I have grown to know and love.
    Seems to be one of main reasons why RIM is struggling now: their historical user base accepted and almost seemed proud of stuff that really isn't acceptable (routine physical battery pulls? really?). RIM got away with it when competition wasn't so fierce.

Leave others alone, don't bash them, leave rim alone, let them do business and make/sell products. People are very unappreciative nowadays. No offense.
    Recognizing that RIM is in trouble is not bashing, and "leaving them alone" is particularly inane if they are showing weakness in their business model. RIM is in trouble, not yet necessarily doomed. Yes, they are doing well in non-US markets but relying on that single parameter is not wise because RIM shows considerable weakness overall. Let's face it, we have Nokia as a very recent test case that showed similar management issues and performance trends. Nokia is still in worse shape and potential than RIM IMO but what really stands out for me was how rapid their decline was once it took hold simply tanked.

I don't think the co-CEOs are actually stupid, btw. I think they are out of their depth. They simply can't keep up with the upheavals the upstarts have brought. And they are by no means alone: Moto, Ericsson, Nokia, LG it's a killzone in mobile land.
    app_Developer likes this.
    12-21-11 10:30 AM
    Seems to be one of main reasons why RIM is struggling now: their historical user base accepted and almost seemed proud of stuff that really isn't acceptable (routine physical battery pulls? really?). RIM got away with it when competition wasn't so fierce.

Recognizing that RIM is in trouble is not bashing, and "leaving them alone" is particularly inane if they are showing weakness in their business model. RIM is in trouble, not yet necessarily doomed. Yes, they are doing well in non-US markets but relying on that single parameter is not wise because RIM shows considerable weakness overall. Let's face it, we have Nokia as a very recent test case that showed similar management issues and performance trends. Nokia is still in worse shape and potential than RIM IMO but what really stands out for me was how rapid their decline was once it took hold simply tanked.

I don't think the co-CEOs are actually stupid, btw. I think they are out of their depth. They simply can't keep up with the upheavals the upstarts have brought. And they are by no means alone: Moto, Ericsson, Nokia, LG it's a killzone in mobile land.
    Battery pulls aren't part of the dysfunction and I never usually needed to go about those regularly unless trying out apps that didn't work or froze during startup, which got promptly removed afterwards.
    12-21-11 10:33 AM
    Had a Blackberry bold 9700 and the battery pulls were almost weekly. I would still have a blackberry today if they weren't worthless as media devices. That is what's sinking the rim ship.
    12-21-11 03:19 PM
    It's their own doing. It's not "mankind". The so called co-CEOs have no idea how to steer this sinking ship, and their lack of foresight and hubris has done them in. Don't feel sorry for RIM - they will make a great case study for Business Schools.

Mobile devices: Five predictions for 2012 | Mobile - CNET News
    12-21-11 08:29 PM
    We all have our reasons for staying with / leaving / staying with but Wishing we could leave / or leaving but wishing we could STAY with our Blackberries. Lots of people don't understand the bond Crackberries often have with their BBs. I am so fed up with the glee that seems to surround any problem that RIM has. Do I think that the co CEOS should step down or be ousted? Probably, but that is not my decision to make. This is the OS I have come to love, and my 9930 is the best phone I have ever had. I do not want to use an Android phone or an iphone, so I am going to keep using my BB and my PB, support this company in any way I can, and watch how it plays out. I hope and trust that I will be using this product line that I count on for years to come. I just wish that the nastiness will end, and that the people who continue to get some sick glee from waiting for RIM's demise would just go somewhere else. I do NOT want RIM to fail!
    12-21-11 08:30 PM
    You are correct, every time I pull out my BB Style people think it is from 2002.
    Aww, I love the Style! Such a sleek little piece of hardware for a flip phone. I played on one briefly and it was nice. I was impressed, it's a good quality flip phone.

However, for a business model, not so sure they need to keep putting out flip phones. Flip phones are associated with "dump phones" and are generally seen as being "old", that is not the image RIM needs to convey right now.
    12-21-11 08:59 PM

That they outsold Apple until *this year*.
    I'm just curious, but I'd really like to see the sales figures of Apple vs. RIM for 2009, 2010, and until present 2011. Anyone have these?
    12-21-11 09:16 PM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD