10-08-13 08:20 PM
60 123
tools
    50 shades of black.

BBRY fan fiction is the best.
    hootyhoo, Etios and trwrt like this.
    10-08-13 11:20 AM
    These threads, along with statcounter are the main reasons I love to visit here anymore <3
    Well WHY are YOU even here.......

.....oh...OK.
    10-08-13 11:21 AM
    You forgot the boycott threads
    Ohh yes, the old "I'm going to cancel my bank account that I've had for 25+ years all because they didn't make a BB10 app." Or the "I don't need apps, I'll just use the browser. It's the same thing, if not better." threads. And the "Why are you here" posts.

But my personal favorites, are the posts, and threads, that try to justify the "Tools Not Toys" and "Get Things Done" attitude.
    10-08-13 11:27 AM
    Kids can do this with ipads:

Los Angeles students get iPads for classroom, play video games instead | Games Blog - Yahoo Games Canada

its a sure bet a iphone is not that hard either by Bluetooth or wifi!

At least with blackberry with the wifi sharing on you have to have the password to connect to it. I believe this story to be true.
    Again Scarlet Johanasson got her phone hacked and pictures she had on the of her nude were sent out.

How Did Scarlett Johansson&#39;s Phone Get Hacked?

it happens people, it happens!
    10-08-13 11:31 AM
    I've boycotted those threads.
    10-08-13 11:35 AM
    Again Scarlet Johanasson got her phone hacked and pictures she had on the of her nude were sent out.

How Did Scarlett Johansson's Phone Get Hacked?
    From that very article:

"More likely, though—and more applicable to you and me—security experts suspect that someone broke into an online service that stored the pictures, not the phone itself. (In other words, no Swordfish antics here. Your BlackBerrys and iPhones are safe!) "

Not so sure it was her phone that was hacked.
    10-08-13 11:44 AM
    My son has a friend who heads a IT department for a major bank. He asked to have a meeting with staff.

So his told everyone in the room, "Take Out Your Phone, And Put It On The Table"

There were some blackberrys, androids and iphones
    This is when I knew you were pulling our legs!!!
    21stNow, richardat and Terser Nori like this.
    10-08-13 11:44 AM
    This what happens when you watch too many movies..
    10-08-13 11:48 AM
    It would be a ridiculous violation of ethics, and you would be so ripe for lawsuits that a "major bank" couldn't get you out the door fast enough.

Hey, everyone....I've...got...a little surprise....for...you....just let me get this monitor turned...oh heck, let's just put it on the overhead! Hey Hey!!! Who recognizes these pics??? Gary??? Yeah...I'm looking at you buddy!! Oh...I can see on Martin's face...oh he's seen some of these....Wang...yeah...is that your doggy??? Oh...Jennie....was that at the Christmas party??? Um...OK....that looks like some bodyparts...um....Jason...that doesn't look like your wife?

Oh no....yeah...don't worry...yeah..yeah,....I'll definitely delete these later.
    Yeah it's bad but this is the risk you take when BYOD is implemented. Company can have access to your private information. But the IT manager is likely violating some company policy.

Posted from the most powerful smartphone,z10
    10-08-13 11:54 AM
    With that much skill that guy needs to work for a pen test company and make millions...

/sarcasm off

OP: You need a lot more detail then what you provide for this to have any credibility.
    Everyone should fill in the blanks, and really flesh out the op's true story.

(BBM#33)
    undone likes this.
    10-08-13 11:55 AM
    I tend to be skeptical of any post that starts off like:

"I know a guy, who knows a guy, who has a cousin, who works for a girl, that happens to be my brother's girlfriend. "
    10-08-13 11:56 AM
    Sorry but I have to call BS. Unless that IT guy was prepared before hand with peoples passwords and personal info than there is no way he could rightfully access those types of documents.

Now seeing how he does have access to peoples personal info, if he used that to prove a point, well he just broke any confidentiality agreements with said peoples personal informations in that workspace and I for one wouldn't trust him anymore.

And to say he couldn't access the BlackBerry's is another false claim. If he did all that because of being set up on the presumed Wireless Network the bank would have for employee's, it wouldn't be that hard to access the BBRY phone's data either.

To many loop holes in this story for it to believable. Yes, BBRY devices are secure, but if they are not on BES, they are no more protected than any iOS, Android or Windows Phone device.
    Agreed. Besides a BlackBerry smartphone activated on a BlackBerry Enterprise Service server or BlackBerry Enterprise Server server can be tracked and audited to a significant extent.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    10-08-13 12:26 PM
    My son has a friend who heads a IT department for a major bank. He asked to have a meeting with staff.

So his told everyone in the room, "Take Out Your Phone, And Put It On The Table"

The people in the meeting didn't know what was gonna happen, they just thought he was making sure they wheren't texting during the meeting.

So he carried on with the meeting as usual, and at the end, he turned the computer he was working on around, and he had pulled up all the photos, videos, and banking information of everyone in the room, but he couldn't pull up the Blackberrys.

So he's pushing for everyone to switch.

Posted via CB10

The OP is Frank Boublen creating "buzz"
    10-08-13 12:48 PM

The people in the meeting didn't know what was gonna happen, they just thought he was making sure they wheren't texting during the meeting.

So he carried on with the meeting as usual, and at the end, he turned the computer he was working on around, and he had pulled up all the photos, videos, and banking information of everyone in the room, but he couldn't pull up the Blackberrys.

So he's pushing for everyone to switch.

Posted via CB10
    Does this story end with

then one of the other Prisoners' pushed his head down the toilet - "I was only trying to teach them about security!" was the last thing he was heard to say
    10-08-13 01:57 PM

Friends solution - iPhone is not secure. Corporate phones will be BlackBerry (Z or Q). If you do not wish that, use your own phone but it will not be paid for

His company now has 43 BlackBerry phones. Not one issue. The iPhone employees have, oddly enough, gone to Galaxy 4's. Others requested to wait for the z30.

His policy is the same and, he now carries two phones. Galaxy 4 and, soon enough a z30 (from the q10).

So. Policy is Blackberry ONLY. Most moved to Galaxy 4. Including him. Mission accomplished.

I know ONE person who believes this was an excellent security decision.

Did he consider calling them all into a room and projecting their bank records on the conference room screen?
    richardat likes this.
    10-08-13 02:02 PM
    We're now at 41 replies, and several hours later, and OP has not come back to defend his "true account" of what happened to an acquaintance of a friend. I wonder if that's at all suggestive...
    Shlooky and Cashgap like this.
    10-08-13 02:37 PM
    We're now at 41 replies, and several hours later, and OP has not come back to defend his "true account" of what happened to an acquaintance of a friend. I wonder if that's at all suggestive...
    Maybe he was going to, but then his IT guy hacked his phone.
    10-08-13 03:30 PM
    The only phone that cannot be hacked is Chuck Norris.

Carry on.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-13 03:48 PM
    I've boycotted those threads.
    And yet those threads still exist. The symbolism is perfect.
    10-08-13 04:01 PM
    And yet those threads still exist. The symbolism is perfect.
    My favorites are the browser wars at coffee shops and the supposed fights that break out
    10-08-13 04:44 PM
    'Dear Penthouse. I never believed any of these stories were true, until one day something happened to me...'

SwiftKeyed/Flowed via Tapatalk 4 Beta
    10-08-13 04:56 PM
    My favorites are the browser wars at coffee shops and the supposed fights that break out
    Did you seriously leave out the saga of the Z10 user that was close to being jumped by jealous iPhone users outside the club?
    h20work, hootyhoo and richardat like this.
    10-08-13 05:13 PM
    Did you seriously leave out the saga of the Z10 user that was close to being jumped by jealous iPhone users outside the club?
    That's the one I was thinking of, I forgot the details.

I think my all time favorite was "I refuse to work for any company that doesn't support bb".
    Tre Lawrence and 21stNow like this.
    10-08-13 05:48 PM
    I am lol'ing so hard at these responses
    10-08-13 06:03 PM
    Please tell me that smartphone bangin is not real.

(BBM#33)
    10-08-13 06:07 PM
60 123