07-09-12 05:29 PM
59 123
tools
    Lucas@N4BB made some interesting tweets about BB10, don't know if got a early preview of BB10, he may leak a few things in the coming days or bug him folks until he releases something for us BB fans
    07-04-12 02:05 AM
    Lucas@N4BB made some interesting tweets about BB10, don't know if got a early preview of BB10, he may leak a few things in the coming days or bug him folks until he releases something for us BB fans
    I wouldn't be surprise if he knows more about BB10 seeing that past weeks he has been posting leaked slides. If he is able to release more, i'm sure we'll eventually see more of it on N4BB. If not, he's probably under NDA, so kinda pointless to bug him.

I don't actually mind not seeing more leaks of BB10 until nearer to release. Sometimes a little hints here and there can arouse more interest from people, but drag too long, people might just get tired of just seeing it and not able to buy it. Or, their competitors will be able to be "inspired" by them. But end of the day, just hope that it is a nice surprise for those of us who are still very much looking forward to BB10.
    07-04-12 02:24 AM
    Sounds like the Share UI is really great. This is good, because it will attract the teenager market where BB already has a great following (esp. in countries like the UK and India)
    07-04-12 02:46 AM
    There will be no phones in their price range, the idea is that bb7 will carry on being sold to teenagers and the poor and BB10 will be the premium line for high margins.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express
    07-04-12 03:54 AM
    Leaked slides, "mysterious" tweets - it's all BS. Like the emulated "demos".

Come on - can't we learn from past events??? It's all smoke and mirrors!

Once they deliver, it's real.

"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me." We're now heading to double digit territory.

- R.
    Yaceka and Mikey_T like this.
    07-04-12 11:32 AM
    i agree, RIMS toughest part now is to deliver an actual finished product into the hands of customers. Execution has been a bltch for them lately.
    07-04-12 11:46 AM
    Nice find sf49ers. Of course this is not news. We all know that RIM will produce a real winner with BB10 .

It is still nice to read it from someone who has one. Thanks.

WHilst I want RIM to succeed I am actually quite happy to have the best damn phone out there when most other people pass it by. I already have this in my 9810 but the breed improves and I wish this to continue with BB10.
    07-04-12 11:52 AM
    I was waiting for bb10 but have ordered a nice new s3 from rogers.. Hopefully it holds my interest long enough. My 9900 feels old and have switch back to my iphone for now. I can only use an iphone for 9 or 10 days at a time before i can't stand it and go to another phone. IF bb10 isn't out in the early part of 2013 i will begin moving the rest of our users off Blackberry phones and retire our bis, besx and mobile fusion servers.

I like the slides and it looks cool, but its the same as the tat demos.. Super cool, but when they never are released it leads to huge disappointment.
    07-04-12 12:37 PM
    Thanks for the update sf...looking forward to hearing more.
    07-04-12 12:49 PM
    On another of his tweets he says he won't release what he has as he doesn't want RIM's competitors to see it. As much as I want to see it I think he making a good decision on not releasing it.
    drjay868 and Stewartj1 like this.
    07-04-12 01:27 PM
    Cool, but it would be really nice to see something. I don't know how much more "believing" I can do. I need to see something.
    07-04-12 01:38 PM
    On another of his tweets he says he won't release what he has as he doesn't want RIM's competitors to see it. As much as I want to see it I think he making a good decision on not releasing it.
    If RIMs competitors can get features from a RIM leak on their devices, starting from scratch before RIM releases BB10, they are gods.

The features will be seen by the competitors anyways. The more leaks the better. The more wee see, the more we want.
    07-04-12 01:40 PM
    Hmm...

A blogger not wanting to release exclusive news/content that will drive page hits and revenue to his sit?

Seems sketchy.
    Yaceka, purijagmohan and howarmat like this.
    07-04-12 01:43 PM
    It doesn't matter how good it will be, we still have to wait till at least Q1 of 2013 to see it. A few leaks here and there don't really mean much.

Also by that time, I'm not sure what's good now will still be good considering how fast technology can evolve.
    Last edited by zzbsb; 07-04-12 at 01:54 PM.
    07-04-12 01:43 PM
    On another of his tweets he says he won't release what he has as he doesn't want RIM's competitors to see it.
    How convenient. I respect Lucas and N4BB since they seem to have the inside track these days. But I would think he has RIM's interests in mind and would be more than willing to cooperate in hiding the fact that there isn't much substance in BB10 as it exists today.

RIM is beyond worrying about competitors stealing their ideas. Somehow I don't think they either fear BB10 or care about RIM at all. What RIM should really worry about is how much support they have lost from their core fans and throwing them a bone could go a long way in mending that relationship.
    07-04-12 01:54 PM
    How convenient. I respect Lucas and N4BB since they seem to have the inside track these days. But I would think he has RIM's interests in mind and would be more than willing to cooperate in hiding the fact that there isn't much substance in BB10 as it exists today.

RIM is beyond worrying about competitors stealing their ideas. Somehow I don't think they either fear BB10 or care about RIM at all. What RIM should really worry about is how much support they have lost from their core fans and throwing them a bone could go a long way in mending that relationship.
    Leaked "Slides" of ideas can only go so far.... and that's pretty much all RIM has to show off right now.

A completed project, BlackBerry 10 is not.

If anyone believes they made it so far as getting Facebook for BlackBerry 10 up, running and complete.. give your head a shake. Sorry, not trying to sound like an arse, that's just the truth.

Until REAL BlackBerry 10 images leak out of it running on a REAL unreleased device, slides and such don't mean much of anything right now.
    07-04-12 02:17 PM
    Leaked "Slides" of ideas can only go so far.... and that's pretty much all RIM has to show off right now.

A completed project, BlackBerry 10 is not.

If anyone believes they made it so far as getting Facebook for BlackBerry 10 up, running and complete.. give your head a shake. Sorry, not trying to sound like an arse, that's just the truth.

Until REAL BlackBerry 10 images leak out of it running on a REAL unreleased device, slides and such don't mean much of anything right now.
    Bla1ze with the truth bombs.......BOOM!!!
    07-04-12 02:21 PM
    There will be no phones in their price range, the idea is that bb7 will carry on being sold to teenagers and the poor and BB10 will be the premium line for high margins.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express
    Yeah, I've never seen a kid with a high-end phone... Many of them just have iPhones and Androids...
    bbaleno likes this.
    07-04-12 02:41 PM
    Yeah, I've never seen a kid with a high-end phone... Many of them just have iPhones and Androids...
    sigh - yes of course you are going to get the odd kid with the high end phone but as a population they have limited disposal income and tend towards cheap low-end phones - who do you think are buying all those curves?

BB10 is the premium offering that is intended for enterprise and the BYOD crowd, yes some kids will buy them but they are not the intended market - bb7 is for kids and the poor.

This isn't off the topic of my head, go and read the last earnings call transcript and see it for yourself.
    07-04-12 03:00 PM
    When main stream media has the headlines Lucas tweeted ...then I'll believe it.
    07-04-12 06:06 PM
    sigh - yes of course you are going to get the odd kid with the high end phone but as a population they have limited disposal income and tend towards cheap low-end phones - who do you think are buying all those curves?

BB10 is the premium offering that is intended for enterprise and the BYOD crowd, yes some kids will buy them but they are not the intended market - bb7 is for kids and the poor.

This isn't off the topic of my head, go and read the last earnings call transcript and see it for yourself.
    I'm not a kid, so I must be poor.

At this point in time, BB7 is for anyone who wants a Berry. Rich/poor, young/old, business exec/artist. Face it, BB7 is all they have, and all they will have for quite a while to come.

Be honest with yourself.

- R.
    07-04-12 06:50 PM
    sigh - yes of course you are going to get the odd kid with the high end phone but as a population they have limited disposal income
    ...but their parents are not in the same boat.....

who do you think are buying all those curves?
    See point above

bb7 is for kids and the poor.
    I cannot imagine you typed that BS with a straight face.
    grover5, Mecca EL and avt123 like this.
    07-04-12 06:50 PM

U really can't generalize like that....you just called a lot of people in here "kids" yet I know the amount of money I paid for my off contract 9900 is just as much as alot of high end devices out there

I believe I get what what you were ultimately trying to say, but u said it wrong lol
    drjay868 likes this.
    07-04-12 09:22 PM
    I believe that the BB10 PLATFORM is moving along well. It's the scale and depth of reach that is taking time. If RIM was simply building a smartphone OS, it would have been released by now IMHO.

Developers are raving that the dev tools are currently great and many even say world class and they haven't even gone gold yet.

The development tools wouldn't be where they currently are unless the platform was chugging along. A fool could look to see the sheer amount of devs raving about the BB10 development tools. This alone suggests the platform is moving along. What begins to become scary is the sheer magnitude of the broad reach this platform will have. Now that is what has my curiosity
    07-04-12 09:55 PM
    It's really weird... It's like lots of kids somehow managed to trick the phone companies into selling their parents a high-end phone at a subsidized price... I can't imagine how they pulled it off, but it could someday work with a BB10 device...
    07-04-12 09:55 PM
59 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD