07-21-13 02:43 AM
34 12
tools
    So, do we say the traditional "bye, see ya later, don't let the swing door hit you on the way out" to the Navy and the FBI like we say to everyone that leaves BlackBerry?

Or do we start thinking pretty soon there won't be anyone left to say that to?
    bekkay and Air Force One like this.
    07-20-13 03:33 AM
    Unfortunately it's a wave effect. First off.... people follow people. So as more companies and organizations leave BlackBerry more will follow. This will give credibility to Samsung.
    Secondly..... as this movement away from BlackBerry takes place more companies and organizations who are looking for new devices will be afraid to go with BlackBerry because they don't want devices who's maker might not be around in the near while to offer support and upgrades.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-13 01:07 PM
    I have only two comments:
    1. The NSA probably advising against BB because they monitor iphone, android and microsoft phones.
    2. What happened to the purported contract with the military? Obviously gone by the boards.

NO NEWS IS USUALLY BAD NEWS.......
    07-20-13 01:14 PM
    Is that fact or emotion?

Knox raises the bar big time (good enough to secure the president's device IIRC), and specific Androids have FIPS certs like BB.

These ain't your grandma's Androids...
    even with knox, there are still way more restrictions then with a BB10 device that were set by DoD when iOS and Android knox were used.

the devices will be chopped down to **** and limited, if it simply is a way to make employees happy i'm sure they will be more pissed off about the limitations over the android devices they know
    07-20-13 01:39 PM
    Sign of the times.......

Even if not true or even partly true, BBerry has to get their act together. They seem to have imploded after the launch of BB10 and are trying to find themselves...yet again. I can't understand why the design of BB10 wasn't disclosed pre-launch to the government agencies to have input into the product's final configuration. On would think BBerry is learning from these losses and trying to create a better value proposition then the competition.

As in the past, we still see the market going by BBerry with no obvious response, other than "we're sticking to our strategy". Going down a road that yields nothing is not a strategy, it's simply a mistake. Get the devices to work as the clients want them to and move forward. Fix the Q10 to equal the 9900 in all respects and push forward with an improved OS.

.......and get it done now !
    07-20-13 02:15 PM
    I have only two comments:
    1. The NSA probably advising against BB because they monitor iphone, android and microsoft phones.
    2. What happened to the purported contract with the military? Obviously gone by the boards.

NO NEWS IS USUALLY BAD NEWS.......
    Contract was awarded to a company in Bethesda, MD (or round abouts) and they will be using either BES10, Fixmo, or Mobile Iron. BB can HOPE they use BES10, but if they dont.... Remember, BlackBerry was an OPTIONAL requirement, as was Windows Phone. Android and iOS were required.
    07-20-13 02:16 PM
    Echo tango. Great response. You're right in every account. But I think the BlackBerry leaders are clueless. They're not as aggressive or in touch with the folks at samsung, android, and apple. And y would that change now unless there's some major leadership change the malaise and twisting thumbs will continue until they burn through their dough or the shareholders sell or break up the company eventually. Such a shame. With brash forward looking leadership there'd be huge potential.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-13 04:21 PM
    even with knox, there are still way more restrictions then with a BB10 device that were set by DoD when iOS and Android knox were used.

the devices will be chopped down to **** and limited, if it simply is a way to make employees happy i'm sure they will be more pissed off about the limitations over the android devices they know
    Yes, I doubt these devices will be any fun at all.
    07-20-13 05:53 PM
    Told ya so...

Sammy has it in for Enterprise sales.

This could get even more strange.

Using a BlackBerry Z10
    07-21-13 02:43 AM
34 12