Can BlackBerry make a comeback?

The London Free Press has a poll asking if you will buy a Passport.
    Can BlackBerry make a comeback? | The London Free Press
    theRock1975 likes this.
    09-27-14 04:58 PM
    I live in London, and just read the article. There's a poll attached to the article, and it says that 69% of those who answered the poll (1,032 people) plan to buy a Passport. 22% say they won't, and only 9% are undecided. That's an excellent result considering the Passport was just released, and BlackBerry really haven't marketed it all that aggressively. Then again, given how good the Passport is, I'd say that it will practically sell itself once people see and understand just how powerful and capable it is.

One of my favourite comments from the London Free Press article says:

"I am in total agreement with you. The Passport has out engineered, out built and out OSed anything Android or Apple can offer. I think all the hate is failure to come to terms with one basic saliant fact: BlackBerry is back bigger and better. They just need to deal with it."

Despite BlackBerry's recent failings and near-miss with extinction, there's still a lot of respect and goodwill out there for the company and its products. Like many Canadians, I've always felt an emotional connection with BlackBerry, so I think I understand where the love and respect are coming from.

I would say Chen has done his job well and laid out a solid base from which an absolutely massive comeback can be launched.
    09-27-14 05:44 PM

"I am in total agreement with you. The Passport has out engineered, out built and out OSed anything Android or Apple can offer. I think all the hate is failure to come to terms with one basic saliant fact: BlackBerry is back bigger and better. They just need to deal with it."

Re: the comment quoted by you

Well said. And that's by a company with 100 times less market cap than Apple, and dozens of times smaller than Google, Samsung or Microsoft...

? BlackBerry? I premdict the future's gonna be chenomenal! ?
    09-27-14 07:35 PM
    I think BlackBerry tweeted a link to that article earlier today,.. initiating deployment of the "BlackBerry Defense Force". I know I voted 3 or 4 hours ago... lol

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 07:50 PM
    Yeah no, those results are *clearly* biased.
    09-27-14 07:54 PM
    Yeah no, those results are *clearly* biased.
    That's how polls usually work, not just polls about cell phones.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 09:07 PM
    Yes vote, now at 72%
    09-27-14 09:15 PM
    That's how polls usually work, not just polls about cell phones.

Posted via CB10
    Uhh no, that's not how polls work. Polls don't have sample bias. If you ask 1000 people on CB, you'll find that BlackBerry market share is >70%. Clearly not the case.

Source: high school statistics....
    09-27-14 09:31 PM
    Uhh no, that's not how polls work. Polls don't have sample bias. If you ask 1000 people on CB, you'll find that BlackBerry market share is >70%. Clearly not the case.

Source: high school statistics....
    Any Internet poll can be pushed in to giving results which are biased, but in the case of the London Free Press, they probably had no inkling who would vote in the poll, and the possible CrackBerry Effect, so don't blame it on sample bias.
    When CB runs a poll, then by nature of their readership, you will see sample bias in the results. /college political science.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 10:49 PM
    Got my no vote in...

Posted via Verizon Z10!
    09-27-14 11:32 PM
    Got my no vote in...

Posted via Verizon Z10!
    See, anyone can vote!

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 12:02 AM
    What people fail to understand is that these polls have an equal opportunity and likelihood to be posted on Imore and Android central when competing against CB votes. Even if the voting is skewed, it's not as if it is skewing significant data. If anything it's a grass roots marketing campaign. Polls are "rigged" or biased all the time. Get over it.
    09-28-14 12:16 AM
    I'm not sure what some people are saying here. Did BlackBerry some how block iPhone or Android phone fans from voting or is it that BlackBerry fans are more committed because I think that s the point of the pole.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 01:02 AM
    Any Internet poll can be pushed in to giving results which are biased, but in the case of the London Free Press, they probably had no inkling who would vote in the poll, and the possible CrackBerry Effect, so don't blame it on sample bias.
    When CB runs a poll, then by nature of their readership, you will see sample bias in the results. /college political science.
    I don't know what college you went to, but that makes no sense. You are agreeing with me about sample bias (CrackBerry Effect) or not agreeing? That page was most definitely accessed by BlackBerry fans more than their representation in public.

What people fail to understand is that these polls have an equal opportunity and likelihood to be posted on Imore and Android central when competing against CB votes. Even if the voting is skewed, it's not as if it is skewing significant data. If anything it's a grass roots marketing campaign. Polls are "rigged" or biased all the time. Get over it.
    No, they do not have equal representation on IMore/Android Central. The chances of that article being posted there are also not the same. It's a pro-BB article, how many pro-Apple or pro-Google articles do you actually see on CB (compared to their total numbers). And, I did get over it.. see my first comment.

I'm not sure what some people are saying here. Did BlackBerry some how block iPhone or Android phone fans from voting or is it that BlackBerry fans are more committed because I think that s the point of the pole.
    All I was saying is that the poll votes were clearly biased, as in more BlackBerry fans voted. It doesn't give an accurate representation of 1000 random people.

I mean, if 1550/2100 people were really planning to buy a Passport, you can do the math for BB's market share in a few months... lol
    09-28-14 10:12 AM
    No, they do not have equal representation on IMore/Android Central. The chances of that article being posted there are also not the same. It's a pro-BB article, how many pro-Apple or pro-Google articles do you actually see on CB (compared to their total numbers). And, I did get over it.. see my first comment.
    You criticize someone else's college education, but your reading comprehension is apparently not good enough to interpret what I wrote. If you actually go back and READ my post it says:

So, no, I never claimed they had equal representation, I said they have an equal opportunity to be voted on and posted at the corresponding site. If you were over it, you wouldn't still be posting here. Maybe you should be brushing up your reading comprehension, though, instead of posting snarky, misdirected and rude comments here.
    09-28-14 11:24 AM
    You criticize someone else's college education, but your reading comprehension is apparently not good enough to interpret what I wrote. If you actually go back and READ my post it says:

So, no, I never claimed they had equal representation, I said they have an equal opportunity to be voted on and posted at the corresponding site. If you were over it, you wouldn't still be posting here. Maybe you should be brushing up your reading comprehension, though, instead of posting snarky, misdirected and rude comments here.
    Fair enough, you didn't say that - neither of us were in the right.

The poll results don't mean anything. And I have no idea why I even commented on this thread....
    09-28-14 11:57 AM