10-20-13 01:10 PM
318 ... 7891011 ...
tools
    And they were both crippled by HP sudden back-pedaling from phone market and Microsoft's rot set in Nokia (in the person of Elop).
    If Blackberry survives this critical moment investors won't act as HP or Nokia-soon-to-be-bought-by-Microsoft.

Even in the case of a dismantled Blackberry with a BB10 licensing it would be in a more positive position than WebOS or Meego were at their time, because there would be someone really interested in promoting BB10 (only for business market in the worst case).

Posted via CB10
    Totally agree. This is the "Apple" (1998) moment for BlackBerry. It's pivotal. Either they pivot to a mainly software and services company that possibly also serves a niche hardware market... Or... They die. They get split up, the pieces get sold off, etc...

I'm hoping they find a way to continue as I'm a fan of the new platform. Personally? I'm willing to pay a premium for the same hardware just to continue to use the OS.
    BroncoVAL and gfondeur like this.
    10-14-13 10:12 PM
    Not so sure about that, I think I would prefer an LG TV to Samy any day, but that's just me.
    Sharp Aquous....all day! If you want to talk TV sets
    John Pawling likes this.
    10-14-13 10:15 PM
    Being a great OS simply isn't enough these days though. Being a great OS certainly didn't help WebOS or MeeGo.
    In addition to what you said what is really killing bb10 chances is the way blackberry is handling and conducting themselves. Broken promises and delays pretty much sealed there fate in the consumer market. Over promising and under delivering is never a good formula for a company fighting an uphill battle
    Saiga likes this.
    10-14-13 10:16 PM
    BlackBerry is no stranger to jabs at their competitors with their "Tools not toys" and "Amateur hour is over" ads. Then there was Sammy 's jab at BlackBerry with their "The next big thing in business is here" ad. The difference in those spots was that they weren't calling out anyone by name, but everyone knew who they were targeting. I think LG's calling out BB was in bad taste. I'm hoping it's just a social media person thinking it was a funny joke and not something that LG believes. I've seen quite a few instances where social media staff gets their company in hot water. I wish they had gone with more subtlety like "Write your old smartphone a eulogy on the LG G2."
    10-14-13 10:30 PM
    Everyone like my post!!! This is what I wrote haha
    https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbi...2891241&type=1

G2 isn't any better then Nexus, HTC One or even the second generation galaxy's (S2). LG wishes to have the same user base as BB10.
    You guys are behind, wake up..
    My Q10 that has 720p lasts for 3 days, your 1080p last for 3hours.
    Your piece of cheaply made Chinese plastic vs this nicely made Z30 made in North American made phone http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=y...ure%3Dyoutu.be

Posted via CB10
    10-14-13 10:31 PM
    BlackBerry is no stranger to jabs at their competitors with their "Tools not toys" and "Amateur hour is over" ads. Then there was Sammy 's jab at BlackBerry with their "The next big thing in business is here" ad. The difference in those spots was that they weren't calling out anyone by name, but everyone knew who they were targeting. I think LG's calling out BB was in bad taste. I'm hoping it's just a social media person thinking it was a funny joke and not something that LG believes. I've seen quite a few instances where social media staff gets their company in hot water. I wish they had gone with more subtlety like "Write your old smartphone a eulogy on the LG G2."
    It's most likely isolated. I've been researching negative media online for a while. Consider this:

Samsung hired students to negatively review HTC in Taiwan - Android - News - HEXUS.net

Marketing is contracted out by Samsung, Apple, BlackBerry, Microsoft, etc... on a Global basis. As such, there's always room for one of those local subcontractors to take matters into their own hands.

In fact? Based on my research, it happens a lot... No tin foil hat needed.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    10-14-13 10:43 PM
    Everyone like my post!!! This is what I wrote haha
    https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbi...2891241&type=1

G2 isn't any better then Nexus, HTC One or even the second generation galaxy's (S2). LG wishes to have the same user base as BB10.
    You guys are behind, wake up..
    My Q10 that has 720p lasts for 3 days, your 1080p last for 3hours.
    Your piece of cheaply made Chinese plastic vs this nicely made Z30 made in North American made phone http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=y...ure%3Dyoutu.be

Posted via CB10
    None of what you wrote is remotely true, though. From what I saw a lot of the other replies to LG's post were thoughtful and mature, painting BB users in a good light. Why stoop to their level of mudslinging?
    Saiga likes this.
    10-14-13 10:55 PM
    LG is nothing but ****ty product, with cheap technology. I just adore my durable Q10, and bb10 is keeping on getting better.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-13 10:59 PM
    I just removed LG from any future tech decision. Plenty other companies to give money to.

Ah ah ah ah Stayin' alive, Stayin 'alive.....

I love BB10.

Posted via CB10
    jerryeight likes this.
    10-14-13 11:35 PM
    It's most likely isolated. I've been researching negative media online for a while. Consider this:

Samsung hired students to negatively review HTC in Taiwan - Android - News - HEXUS.net

Marketing is contracted out by Samsung, Apple, BlackBerry, Microsoft, etc... on a Global basis. As such, there's always room for one of those local subcontractors to take matters into their own hands.

In fact? Based on my research, it happens a lot... No tin foil hat needed.
    I believe that they are called brand ambassadors, or street teams. Most of the propaganda are spread through these teams. The companies that hire these "enthusiasts" are able to deny responsibility for their actions....

(BBM#33)
    10-14-13 11:50 PM
    LG needs to watch their mouth
    jerryeight and BBVegasGirl80 like this.
    10-15-13 12:40 AM
    Saw this a couple of times this week and decided to share it since, appreciatively, a lot of FB users are reaffirming their love for their BlackBerry devices, check it out the Ad, and definitely read the responses

Attachment 210437
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...2891241&type=1
    LG Deleted my post on 10/7 because it had a significant amount of likes and views. https://www.facebook.com/LGUSAMobile...8?notif_t=like
    We should all comment on it and also post a link to it on their other posts to raise awareness of how they are unable to advertise without shooting themselves in the foot.
    JLagoon likes this.
    10-15-13 01:20 AM
    Just gave LG some hate tweets. I was about to get a new LG washer Dryer for 4200 dollars but I think I'll feed the beast and go with samsung

Posted via Q10 using CB10
    10-15-13 01:29 AM
    They just posted another one

Posted via CB10
    10-15-13 02:12 AM
    LG taking shots at BlackBerry with new Facebook ads-imageuploadedbycb-forums1381817611.846663.jpg this is the new add that they posted
    jerryeight likes this.
    10-15-13 02:13 AM
    I bought a Samsung Note 3 just to check it out (kept swiping on the screen for the first days)) ). I use Q10 as my daily device and had since recently a Z10 too... I put my GMail account on the Note 3 and the emails arrive much later than on my Q10. LOL. Couldn't believe it! There are things to like about Android and Apple IOS but I would never use them as my primary phone. Maybe just as toys for entertaiment when I have free time.
    10-15-13 03:19 AM
    I bought a Samsung Note 3 just to check it out (kept swiping on the screen for the first days)) ). I use Q10 as my daily device and had since recently a Z10 too... I put my GMail account on the Note 3 and the emails arrive much later than on my Q10. LOL. Couldn't believe it! There are things to like about Android and Apple IOS but I would never use them as my primary phone. Maybe just as toys for entertaiment when I have free time.
    I want to be in your position
    10-15-13 03:20 AM
    I had an LG fridge, large twin door. Broke down replace compressor on warranty, after about 6 months use.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-13 03:23 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByCB Forums1381817611.846663.jpg 
Views:	482 
Size:	32.9 KB 
ID:	210703 this is the new add that they posted
    Link to photo please they do not have it on their page cause they are not proud of what they post

Posted via CB10
    10-15-13 03:33 AM
    I had an lg I'll never buy one again pure junk. Sane with samsung. I'm disabled. And android. Just dies not cut it with their. Keyboard. Auto correct does not work nether did the word prediction. Got a z10. And the spell correction is bang on. Sane with word prediction. And tge fact that I can have it set for 2 language french and English. It seems to no when in typing french. And automatically switch to french. Correction and predictions. If it was not for the z10 what I just typed would look like jiberish like with Android or ios. And it's a tough phone. Dropped it plenty of times ever took out sum of the side of the screen. Fame. And not a crack iphone. Or and android phone. Would of cracked tge screen. I love my BlackBerry z19 so much I'm buying 2 if them for spare. And will be buying a z30 also

Posted via CB10
    10-15-13 03:59 AM
    Go home LG, you're drunk...

Posted via CB10
    10-15-13 04:06 AM
    this it's getting long, lol
    10-15-13 05:04 AM
    I'm using G2 and Z10. And also love both of them. No need to fight.
    LG taking shots at BlackBerry with new Facebook ads-20131015_180322.jpg

Posted via CB10
    10-15-13 07:16 AM
    huh, there are ads in facebook?
    jonassabatini likes this.
    10-15-13 07:40 AM
    Haha. LG goods are famous in asia for looking good and not working well. I absolutely adore my z10 and I switched from gnrations of iPhones and Samsung.

Honestly after using this keyboard and the touch screen I find the iPhone not as responsive. A true convert here!

Posted via CB10
    10-15-13 07:43 AM
318 ... 7891011 ...