10-20-13 01:10 PM
318 ... 56789 ...
tools
    I have never owned an LG device. Don't embarrass yourself.

Sent from my Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 4
    Odd then, as you seem very sure of how awesome they are a couple of posts up, yet you don't actually know. Brilliant.

Posted from my RIM 850 wireless handheld
    raino likes this.
    10-14-13 04:29 PM
    Odd then, as you seem very sure of how awesome they are a couple of posts up, yet you don't actually know. Brilliant.

Posted from my RIM 850 wireless handheld
    Because I was just using that phone this morning, for quite a while at Costco, and I know a couple people that bought it.

I don't buy LG personally, because Samsung has an ecosystem that I'm not walking away from at the moment. That's a personal choice. Aside from that, their devices are as good as the other flagship if not arguably better than some.

10-14-13 04:34 PM
    Um, no. It's because they used the word "eulogy". If they want to poke fun at how the Z30 lacks 1080p or a quad core processor, fine. But you don't put up an ad mocking the imminent death of a competitor. That's just tasteless.
    They were not referring to the death of a person. Not sure what you do for a living but in the business world the death of a competitor is something to celebrate. Especially if your competitor essentially did themselves in. The personification of BB (and LG, Samsung, Apple etc) here in the forums are such a strange thing. Would you have this kind of reaction if Adidas posted a similar ad about Nike shoes?
    m1a1mg likes this.
    10-14-13 04:41 PM
    Because I was just using that phone this morning, for quite a while at Costco, and I know a couple people that bought it.
    So based upon a grand total of 30 minutes or so of usage, you declared it "better than any BB10 device?" Brilliant indeed.
    10-14-13 04:42 PM
    LG needs to worry about Samsung not BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    I guess it's easier to take shots at the underdog. Cowards! :-D
    10-14-13 04:45 PM
    Woah. Calm down there bud. I already told you most people, including myself, despise the tools not toys campaign. They were desperate no matter who it was aimed at. And yes, this LG ad, in this instance and how it was said, is in bad taste. It's not saying how they are better than the competition it's downright saying their dead. At least BlackBerry took a shot on their own. It is in bad taste whether it is the truth or not. If this ad was done after BlackBerry shut down and layed off all employees and that was the end, I would still consider it in bad taste but at least it would be true. That's all I'm saying man. I'm not even disagreeing with you but your pulling at strings to find something. And who is crying exactly?

P.S - Heinz calling iOS dated was in bad taste and many disagreed. But guess what? Apple has since updated their OS and made it more modern. Maybe Apple fans should thank Heins for saying it.
    Apple fans should thank Heins? Who's pulling at strings? You know what your right ios7 wasn't even announced yet until he made that comment . SMH Now if only heins can get me 10.2 for my z10. You're in fantasy land. Blackberry is dead to many people. Whether you feel so or not. Check the numbers. And yes many people despised tools not toys ad..but not because it was in "bad taste". Because it lacked substance and was in effective. LG did what they wanted they got attention to there ad. It's called marketing. You can whine about it all you want but they did nothing wrong
    10-14-13 04:58 PM
    I didn't realise LG made phones. They make quite nice tellies though
    gfondeur likes this.
    10-14-13 05:09 PM
    So a device that you don't own, have tried five times is better than the Z30, which you most likely haven't tried but have an opinion about? ("better than any BB10 device")

Fanboyism...the gift that keeps on giving.
    Total LG fanboi. Indeed!

Go use the G2, hopefully without blinders on. Then report back.

Can call a friend and have him let me use it for hours or days. Will not change the facts.

10-14-13 05:17 PM
    Apple fans should thank Heins? Who's pulling at strings? You know what your right ios7 wasn't even announced yet until he made that comment . SMH Now if only heins can get me 10.2 for my z10. You're in fantasy land. Blackberry is dead to many people. Whether you feel so or not. Check the numbers. And yes many people despised tools not toys ad..but not because it was in "bad taste". Because it lacked substance and was in effective. LG did what they wanted they got attention to there ad. It's called marketing. You can whine about it all you want but they did nothing wrong
    You are taking this too seriously dude. Do you know how to have a debate? Stop talking to me like I don't know anything. Like I don't know what marketing is. I was kidding about thanking Heins but he dared to say what many were thinking at the time. I'm not in fantasy land either. Stop putting words in my mouth. I'm not even fighting with you.
    10-14-13 05:20 PM
    You are taking this too seriously dude. Do you know how to have a debate? Stop talking to me like I don't know anything. Like I don't know what marketing is. I was kidding about thanking Heins but he dared to say what many were thinking at the time. I'm not in fantasy land either. Stop putting words in my mouth. I'm not even fighting with you.
    Just look at his posting history. He spends his days on here arguing with people. Don't entertain it.
    eddy_berry likes this.
    10-14-13 05:24 PM
    I'm simply ashamed that they actually bothered to target such an irrelevant player in the smartphone market. It is beneath LG to be concerned about anything going on with BlackBerry.

It would kinda be like Micheal Jordan making fun of a senior citizen trying to play basketball. Sure Jordan is better at basketball than the old and nearly dead dude is, but pointing that fact out would just be bad form.
    Well, the way I read this part of your post you've stuck the knife in and given it a twist too, just in a more camouflaged manner.
    10-14-13 05:31 PM
    They lost focus.
    10-14-13 05:34 PM
    Too seriously?? Please check who has more post in this thread out of me and you. You're getting emotional. Get out of defense mode. You are NOT blackberry. You are trying to justify something as bad taste because BlackBerry is the underdog...that is false. Then you went on and on trying to justify it with nonsense. Stop taking it personal. We are debating. Lol @ heins dared to say what people were thinking at the time. What is he saying now
    10-14-13 05:41 PM
    LG, another company that I will never buy its product in any shape or form.
    10-14-13 05:41 PM
    Just look at his posting history. He spends his days on here arguing with people. Don't entertain it.
    You have 100 plus more post than me. What are you talking about?? Most of which is gibberish like this. Hey don't worry. Get your count up. The rest of us will actually talk about the thread
    10-14-13 05:43 PM
    Hey maybe they feel threatened by BlackBerry (probably not)

BBM channels: c00121c99 for some knowledge and c00123fca for some real hip hop
    10-14-13 05:44 PM
    They were not referring to the death of a person. Not sure what you do for a living but in the business world the death of a competitor is something to celebrate.
    That may be true but they should do so in private.
    10-14-13 06:01 PM

Read whole sentence. I don't like stupid.

Hmm....!
    10-14-13 06:07 PM
    You have 100 plus more post than me. What are you talking about?? Most of which is gibberish like this. Hey don't worry. Get your count up. The rest of us will actually talk about the thread
    Sure, Cpt. Angry.
    10-14-13 06:14 PM
    Whatever it is, we will find out soon for sure...
    10-14-13 06:21 PM
    Sure, Cpt. Angry.
    Post number 641. Congrats!!! I wonder what the forums would do without your contribution to the discussion withall of these facts and logic...oh wait..lol
    10-14-13 06:21 PM
    Post number 641. Congrats!!! I wonder what the forums would do without your contribution to the discussion without all of these facts and logic...oh wait..lol
    10-14-13 06:23 PM
    I don't see anything wrong with aggressive marketing as long as your product back up your campaign.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
    Exactly Marty. That is the rule. The rule is not since since our bb10 devices have been marketed horribly now no one can mention BlackBerry since they on the way out
    10-14-13 06:28 PM
    That may be true but they should do so in private.
    No they should use it to sell more of their products and try and knock out the next competitor. To do any less would be doing a disservice to their shareholders and investors. It isn't personal and there is nothing distasteful about it. Pepsi would do a jig in times square if coca-cola went under trust me.
    bb4life21 likes this.
    10-14-13 06:29 PM
    Exactly Marty. That is the rule. The rule is not since since our bb10 devices have been marketed horribly now no one can mention BlackBerry since they on the way out
    Ok, I'll bite. No argument, BlackBerry 10 has been marketed horribly.

But I'm curious why LG has decided to target BlackBerry 10 users with that particular eulogy ad? There aren't many BB10 users, and probably only a fraction would consider switching anyway (We're few, but largely loyal no doubt). And of those that decided to switch and chose Android, most would likely go with Samsung and not LG, no? I can't see that Eulogy campaign making LG a lot of money. Curious marketing, unless they were hoping for an angry reaction and hoped to generate some buzz? Otherwise, why not go after WP or iPhone instead of BlackBerry if you're targeting non-Android users? Either way, bigger userbase of potential converts.
    10-14-13 06:43 PM
318 ... 56789 ...