10-20-13 12:10 PM
318 ... 45678 ...
tools
    Nice catch.
    just a google ad, unless crackberry filters it out competition will always appear on it.
    10-14-13 01:31 PM
    just a google ad, unless crackberry filters it out competition will always appear on it.
    I'm aware. Still a nice catch
    10-14-13 01:53 PM
    Life's
    Gruesome

JK... :>p
    10-14-13 01:58 PM
    LG is a dying phone brand courtesy of Samsung.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-13 02:15 PM
    I get it that many/most of the CB users didn't take well to petty shot in a marketing attempt. After all, who likes a kick in the gut when they're down? Was it in poor form? Probably. But let's be real here. If the positions were switched, and Blackberry was in the superior position and dumped on a failing competitor... This thread would be chock full of kudos and back-slaps towards BBRY.
    Even if the position were switched, I would criticized BB for poor taste going after a poorer brand. It will do BB no good for employing such poor marketing to get the remnants of users from LG.
    eddy_berry likes this.
    10-14-13 02:38 PM
    LG is a dying phone brand courtesy of Samsung.

Posted via CB10
    LG just posted their best earnings report for mobile ever. The last quarter was LG's best. The quarter before it was their best up in till that point. They went from shipments of 10 million to 12.1 million. They are making a profit every quarter and continue to sell more and more units. It certainly don't appear like they are dying.

If LG is dying, than what is BlackBerry doing?
    Bsbudd likes this.
    10-14-13 02:39 PM
    I can't wait to get my hands on the LG made Google Nexus 5.

I couldn't wait to get my hands on the LG G2 either, or the Nexus 4 or the Optimus G. Now I have had my hands all over each of those phones.

I think you may be underestimating the number of people out there who want to buy, own and use LG's phones. After all, LG is selling twice as many phones as BlackBerry is. The G2 by itself will outsell all four BlackBerry 10 devices combined. There must be a market for LG devices.
    McDonalds over a billion serve. Does not mean good food or healthy food for that matter. If more people like McDonald so be it. But don't tell me it's good for everyone.
    10-14-13 02:42 PM
    I guess it's all opinion. Btw we all knew "tools not toys" was for Apple..come on man. I think people here want all these imaginary rules now since blackberry has bad marketing. Blackberry has took shots at the competition throughout the years. Now they are the small fish all of a sudden now we want "rules" for advertising. Instead of being upset with LG how about asking blackberry where is their marketing. One of the best commercials out Imo is the Windows commercial when it pretty much embarrassed the iPad throughout. The whole thing. You don't here apple people crying..you know why?..because apple does their own ads that talk about their products too.
    Nobody wants to change the rules of advertising. You are putting words in our mouths. They are just stating that this ad is in poor taste. If the iPad was the underdog and everyone had a Surface tablet you bet people would think that ad was in bad taste. But the surface is the underdog and they showed why they would make a good choice over the competition. They are nipping at the heels of the top dog and not kicking a dog while it's down. The tools not toys campaign didn't directly say anything so even if the majority thought that way they never said it outright. Also it was at a time when Apple was quickly chipping away at BlackBerry and it was a very desperate move. Any other shots at the competition from BlackBerry you could think of? Now doubt right now everyone has been asking BlackBerry where there marketing is. It's been like that for months now.
    10-14-13 02:42 PM
    LG. Lying's good.

Posted from my RIM 850 wireless handheld
    10-14-13 02:43 PM
    Lol I'm loving how all if these BlackBerry users are replying and are getting so many upvotes. Looks like that plan backfired

Posted via CB10
    If Samsung did it to Apple the same thing would happen. I don't see this as a backfire. It's a pretty expected reaction. All side have supporters and detractors.

The G2 is better than any BB10 device, though. I played with one in Costco earlier. The software is as good as TouchWiz or Sense. Just features and Aesthetics differ. The camera is great and the camera software is kind of amazing. That phone is quite small for having such a large screen, because the bezels are so thin.

However, I hate on-screen android buttons and I am not sold on the buttons on the back of the phone yet...

The Ad is Hillarious. Give Credit where it's due.

If you're going to Android than LG is likely 3rd or 4th on your list of manufacturers to consider, anyways. They are well aware of this.
    10-14-13 02:44 PM
    I don't find anything about BlackBerry's ongoing decline funny. Lost jobs. Lost investors money. Lost choice in technology. Etc. What's funny about that.?

Z10STL100-4/10.2.0.1767
    People lose jobs. Welcome to the real world. This is business. If Blackberry had done what others have done and pivoted early their sales would be going up not down. LG's smartphone division is doing better than Blackberry's. Microsoft WP8 is doing better than BB10 - way way better. Even HTC is going down, while LG is improving.

As for LG's devices. The G, G Pro, and G2 are all fantastic devices so I'm curious to know why people are dogging them when they have been releasing great flagships for about two years now, and seem to have pretty much gotten their hardware in order. Their software is much better than it used to be. It's no worse than Sense or TouchWiz. The Aesthetics are just different.

I don't see anything wrong with LG "Winning" and even boasting about it. The only thing I see that is petty is the way people are using layoffs or something of that sort in an attempt to diminish the utter hilarity of this ad. The ad is full of irony. That was the whole point, given how Blackberry's are both known for their keyboards coupled with their chronic lag in specifications (i.e. Z30 releasing with a 720p screen, while the G2 has a Full HD screen).

No one is boasting about lay offs or whatever. Stop using it as a reason to completely misinterpret the obvious and make the ad seem less funny. If you go to Samsung Ads on Social Media there are tons of Apple, HTC, etc. users dogging them so these comments from angry BB users are nothing out of the ordinary. I doubt they care about that.

The ad was hilariously ironic. Give credit where it's due.

All the complaining will do, is give LG more mindshare. People will now want to know what all the hoopla is about.

You can find their phones in Carrier stores, too! They only stand to benefit from this. That phone (the LG G2) is good enough to sell itself, unlike the Z30 ;-)
    10-14-13 02:50 PM
    If Samsung did it to Apple the same thing would happen. I don't see this as a backfire. It's a pretty expected reaction. All side have supporters and detractors.

The G2 is better than any BB10 device, though. I played with one in Costco earlier. The software is as good as TouchWiz or Sense. Just features and Aesthetics differ. The camera is great and the camera software is kind of amazing. That phone is quite small for having such a large screen, because the bezels are so thin.

However, I hate on-screen android buttons and I am not sold on the buttons on the back of the phone yet...

The Ad is Hillarious. Give Credit where it's due.

If you're going to Android than LG is likely 3rd or 4th on your list of manufacturers to consider, anyways. They are well aware of this.
    Touchwiz is awful lol
    10-14-13 02:53 PM
    LG is Lame compared to Sammy. I used to own 5 LG flat screens in my house. Converted some to Samsung and never going back. Just gonna wait a bit more to get more use outta the LGs before I replace all with Samsungs.
    10-14-13 02:53 PM
    Nobody wants to change the rules of advertising. You are putting words in our mouths. They are just stating that this ad is in poor taste. If the iPad was the underdog and everyone had a Surface tablet you bet people would think that ad was in bad taste. But the surface is the underdog and they showed why they would make a good choice over the competition. They are nipping at the heels of the top dog and not kicking a dog while it's down. The tools not toys campaign didn't directly say anything so even if the majority thought that way they never said it outright. Also it was at a time when Apple was quickly chipping away at BlackBerry and it was a very desperate move. Any other shots at the competition from BlackBerry you could think of? Now doubt right now everyone has been asking BlackBerry where there marketing is. It's been like that for months now.
    What??? So in your world if you advertise against the "underdog" it is in bad taste. Lol if you say so. So since blackberry didn't say a name during tools not toys campaign it was fine? Smh Is Heins calling ios "dated" in bad taste? And this is what I mean by making up rules. LG don't owe blackberry nothing. Bb10 flopped and now BLACKBERRY has to tell you why it's not...not the competition. Samsung even had commercials against apple AND blackberry after BlackBerry was on decline showing how you need both phones to do what one android does. Welcome to the world of competition. Just because BlackBerry is not saying anything doesn't mean the competition has to follow suit. If you want to cry about it blame BlackBerry
    Bsbudd likes this.
    10-14-13 02:56 PM
    I don't see anything wrong with aggressive marketing as long as your product back up your campaign.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
    This.

And theirs does.

They could have done it with the G or G Pro vs the Z10 and it still would have applied.

Like most Blackberry users, too many people are stuck in the past.

Samsung users have moved beyond the Behold 2 and US Galaxy S update debacles. They're winning. LG's sales are going up. They're winning.

Microsoft mocked Blackberry in a ton of commercials. They're winning compared to BB10.

Samsung Mocks Apple users. They're winning.

The only reason why people are upset about this here, is because it's BB getting mocked.

And the only reason why so many people are descending upon that post to flame them is because that post was linked here and at other BB forums before this thread and we know what the Crackberry rallying cry can be like sometimes. Happens on every tech blog that is posted here and at a couple other BB forums where people feel it is negative towards their beloved platform.

I doubt LG/Samsung/Microsoft/Apple/etc. are ignorant of this "phenomenon."

People need to stop crying.

It's survival of the fittest in this market.
    MERCDROID likes this.
    10-14-13 03:01 PM
    Maybe LG stands for Little Guy...

Posted via CB10 1.4.2 on Z10 10.1.0.4181 on the Rogers Network
    10-14-13 03:05 PM
    Touchwiz is awful lol
    I have my own opinion about BB10's relatively dated look.

I'd say your opinion is pretty much wrong given the amount of phones they sell with TW loaded on them. Even compared to Nexus devices that have similar specs to Android flagships and are available off contract for almost the same cost as a Flagship Galaxy device (i.e. GS3 vs. Nexus 4) but sell terribly compared to them.

I tend to enjoy all the extra value-added features, disable the apps/features I don't need, and like the design language (reminds me a little of iOS, but without having to be tied into Apple's ecosystem - been there, done that).

Again, their sales performance does not support your opinion. A few people complain about Sense, TouchWiz, LG's skin, whatever. But the proportion of those that complain compared to the amount of sales they scored is so minimal that it's literally ignorable. Either you're the Oracle, or you know something Samsung doesn't.

Cause if they felt they could get 80% Global Marketshare by ditching TouchWiz for something else, I'm pretty sure they'd have done that since maybe 2011 or so before the GS3 was release.

Instead, every model of the GS/Note series sales factorable more than its predecessor despite being given even more features, and after a complete TouchWiz revamp. Similarly, LG completely revamped their UI in early 2012 before the Optimus G released. What's on LG's devices is not what launched on devices like the LG Nitro HD back in 2011 (and like the GS2 models it competed with, it got the entire revamp backported to it).

I mean, how is it terrible. Please don't say it's laggy or takes up a lot of RAM, cause I'm using a TW 5.0 device and neither of those are true.
    10-14-13 03:10 PM
    Oh, great, the LG apologists have turned up.

Abandon thread.

10-14-13 03:16 PM
    Someone at LG has egg on their face, ha, ha.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-13 03:17 PM
    The only reason why people are upset about this here, is because it's BB getting mocked.
    Um, no. It's because they used the word "eulogy". If they want to poke fun at how the Z30 lacks 1080p or a quad core processor, fine. But you don't put up an ad mocking the imminent death of a competitor. That's just tasteless.
    10-14-13 03:17 PM
    Um, no. It's because they used the word "eulogy". If they want to poke fun at how the Z30 lacks 1080p or a quad core processor, fine. But you don't put up an ad mocking the imminent death of a competitor. That's just tasteless.
    Yes. Nothing wrong with eulogy. This platform is dead in the consumer market. BlackBerry said that, not LG. The term is applicable. The fact that you don't like it does not matter. Sorry.

Sent from my Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 4
    10-14-13 03:19 PM
    Oh, great, the LG apologists have turned up.

Abandon thread.

I have never owned an LG device. Don't embarrass yourself.

Sent from my Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 4
    10-14-13 03:20 PM
    OK. Well to each their own. The ad needlessly alienates at least some potential customers I'd say. For example I generally like Android and would consider buying an Android phone. But I think I will now cross LG off my list of possibilities just because they've given me good reason to.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.0.1767
    Amen to that ! Nothing LG is coming to this house.
    10-14-13 03:25 PM
    What??? So in your world if you advertise against the "underdog" it is in bad taste. Lol if you say so. So since blackberry didn't say a name during tools not toys campaign it was fine? Smh Is Heins calling ios "dated" in bad taste? And this is what I mean by making up rules. LG don't owe blackberry nothing. Bb10 flopped and now BLACKBERRY has to tell you why it's not...not the competition. Samsung even had commercials against apple AND blackberry after BlackBerry was on decline showing how you need both phones to do what one android does. Welcome to the world of competition. Just because BlackBerry is not saying anything doesn't mean the competition has to follow suit. If you want to cry about it blame BlackBerry
    Woah. Calm down there bud. I already told you most people, including myself, despise the tools not toys campaign. They were desperate no matter who it was aimed at. And yes, this LG ad, in this instance and how it was said, is in bad taste. It's not saying how they are better than the competition it's downright saying their dead. At least BlackBerry took a shot on their own. It is in bad taste whether it is the truth or not. If this ad was done after BlackBerry shut down and layed off all employees and that was the end, I would still consider it in bad taste but at least it would be true. That's all I'm saying man. I'm not even disagreeing with you but your pulling at strings to find something. And who is crying exactly?

P.S - Heinz calling iOS dated was in bad taste and many disagreed. But guess what? Apple has since updated their OS and made it more modern. Maybe Apple fans should thank Heins for saying it.
    10-14-13 03:26 PM
    Okay LG, relax.
    10-14-13 03:26 PM
318 ... 45678 ...