10-20-13 12:10 PM
318 ... 34567 ...
tools
    Maybe true but I don't like this kind of marketing no matter who does it and I'm sure I can speak for any mature individual on CB. If BlackBerry did it I would be angry with them.

It was nice to see so many people defend BlackBerry. Their marketing department should have taken advantage of facebook a while back. I noticed that fewer people were ranting that BlackBerry is dead on facebook as more and more people were doing the opposite on Crackberry. But, alas, there is no smart marketing (or rather no marketing at all) at BlackBerry.
    May I ask what type of marketing do you like? I don't understand why people are upset. LG is in business against the competition. Blackberry is almost dead so they took a shot. It's funny because when BlackBerry had their noses turned up at Apple and laughed at them as " tools not toys" there was no problem with the big smartphone leader laughing at the new little iPhone. Only difference is it backfired. I mean apple sells millions of phones and we still joke about them here. I think people need to lighten up.
    Bsbudd likes this.
    10-14-13 11:44 AM
    May I ask what type of marketing do you like? I don't understand why people are upset. LG is in business against the competition. Blackberry is almost dead so they took a shot.
    LG should have kept it as an internal thing.
    10-14-13 11:57 AM
    What a bunch of losers! "Oooh, I can't wait to get my hands on the LG *enter phone model*," said no one, ever.
    kcdist and bradu1 like this.
    10-14-13 12:00 PM
    I get it that many/most of the CB users didn't take well to petty shot in a marketing attempt. After all, who likes a kick in the gut when they're down? Was it in poor form? Probably. But let's be real here. If the positions were switched, and Blackberry was in the superior position and dumped on a failing competitor... This thread would be chock full of kudos and back-slaps towards BBRY.
    But it isn't switched so what we have here is a cheap shot and low blow by LG. Why bother speculating on what it would be the other way around?

Posted via CB10
    10-14-13 12:01 PM
    LG gimme a break. They're on Google sack. They bought WebOS and scared to use it. But wanna throw shots. Im glad they see that BB10 is what is and I give'em credit for being a realist. Now for the others that don't wanna recognize its just a matter of time. The Kraken is coming.
    gfondeur likes this.
    10-14-13 12:01 PM
    What a bunch of losers! "Oooh, I can't wait to get my hands on the LG *enter phone model*," said no one, ever.
    I can't wait to get my hands on the LG made Google Nexus 5.

I couldn't wait to get my hands on the LG G2 either, or the Nexus 4 or the Optimus G. Now I have had my hands all over each of those phones.

I think you may be underestimating the number of people out there who want to buy, own and use LG's phones. After all, LG is selling twice as many phones as BlackBerry is. The G2 by itself will outsell all four BlackBerry 10 devices combined. There must be a market for LG devices.
    techvisor, 21stNow, cckgz4 and 1 others like this.
    10-14-13 12:06 PM
    I think they definitely could have targeted BlackBerry users in a more positive manner. "Coming from a BlackBerry? You'll be happy to know that the new LG..blah blah blah"

It's like negative political ads...only really appeals to the already polarized, not the fence sitters.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-13 12:12 PM
    I can't wait to get my hands on the LG made Google Nexus 5.

I couldn't wait to get my hands on the LG G2 either, or the Nexus 4 or the Optimus G. Now I have had my hands all over each of those phones.

I think you may be understimating the number of people who want to buy, own and use LG's phones.
    How hard is it to only build the hardware. They caved with no effort into their own. BBRY is all about 6 the hard. And we you know what happen in the movie Tombstone when the barkeep ran his mouth.
    10-14-13 12:16 PM
    Hahahaha
    this is awesome!!!
    10-14-13 12:18 PM
    nice to kick the one it's in the ground, I would like to see them do it to samsung,
    10-14-13 12:19 PM
    I get it that many/most of the CB users didn't take well to petty shot in a marketing attempt. After all, who likes a kick in the gut when they're down? Was it in poor form? Probably. But let's be real here. If the positions were switched, and Blackberry was in the superior position and dumped on a failing competitor... This thread would be chock full of kudos and back-slaps towards BBRY.
    Which wouldn't make it any more tasteful to do.
    10-14-13 12:22 PM
    May I ask what type of marketing do you like? I don't understand why people are upset. LG is in business against the competition. Blackberry is almost dead so they took a shot. It's funny because when BlackBerry had their noses turned up at Apple and laughed at them as " tools not toys" there was no problem with the big smartphone leader laughing at the new little iPhone. Only difference is it backfired. I mean apple sells millions of phones and we still joke about them here. I think people need to lighten up.
    I understand. But there is a big difference between poking fun at a rival and kicking a dog when it's down. At least one acknowledges the other as competition and not just writing them off entirely. Think back to the Samsung adverts and the token BlackBerry guy who didn't want to give up his BlackBerry. That guy was my hero. Lol. Yeah Samsung was poking fun at BlackBerry users and that security and enterprise were not just BlackBerry things, but that's okay. It's showing that you can be as good as a rival in that category. So who wants to write a BlackBerry eulogy on their new LG? Poor taste IMO.

P.S. - The tools not toys ads didn't help BlackBerry all that much either and more people despise it now than ever before. They also weren't directly calling anyone in particular out but actually showed their own weakness in not being a regular consumer product with the ability to be a toy as well as a tool.
    10-14-13 12:23 PM
    Good on BlackBerry faithful to voice themselves and defend their choice of device on that LG Facebook post. As they should on Crackberry, a BlackBerry fansite (I mean BlackBerry has been dumped on pretty much everywhere else), don't let anyone kick you when things are down.

Shame on those that give acceptance to the cheap shots by LG by acknowledging what they've done and then using the "but..." conjunction to pretty much nullify that acknowledgement.

Posted via CB10
    canuckvoip likes this.
    10-14-13 12:23 PM
    RIP BlackBerry

Sent from my new LG G2 with beautiful 5.2 full 1080HD display
    10-14-13 12:28 PM
    RIP BlackBerry

Sent from my new LG G2 with beautiful 5.2 full 1080HD display
    Great!!

Posted via CB10
    10-14-13 12:33 PM
    Interesting, anyone else notice they are advertising this phone right here on CrackBerry?

LG taking shots at BlackBerry with new Facebook ads-lg.jpg
    10-14-13 12:33 PM
    LG taking shots at BlackBerry with new Facebook ads-lgvsbb.jpg

You have to hand it to LG, they got balls, therefore they deserve some admiration and as per usual, Blackberry... is like a little puppy dog to scared to even bark when it comes to:

* Attacks
    * Media accusations
    * Patents

Its a dog eat dog world

LG's 1.5 million fan base VS Blackberry's 30 million

If Blackberry had any brass down there, they could bury LG with one Facebook message and 30 million users would see it.
    10-14-13 12:36 PM

canuckvoip, you really need to let it go. It's a freaking cell phone company. Not your sister.
    Let what go? My sense of decency or fairness? Reality? What?
    10-14-13 12:38 PM
    LG taking shots at BlackBerry with new Facebook ads-untitled.png

if i didn't translate that wrong they are saying US government use Blackberry and that is why its on shutdown now? lol
    10-14-13 12:42 PM
    Useless promo but not totally unexpected from a firm that pathetically gave refreshments to people lining up at the S4 event
    That was HTC that served the refreshments. LG ran an ad in Times Square at the same time of the S4 Launch that looked very similar to Samsung's ad.
    10-14-13 12:45 PM
    Damn! Those responses are killer! Loved the not fit to shine their shoes one!

Posted via CB10
    10-14-13 12:47 PM
    Interesting, anyone else notice they are advertising this phone right here on CrackBerry?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LG.jpg 
Views:	274 
Size:	42.8 KB 
ID:	210554
    Nice catch.
    techvisor likes this.
    10-14-13 12:48 PM
    I understand. But there is a big difference between poking fun at a rival and kicking a dog when it's down. At least one acknowledges the other as competition and not just writing them off entirely. Think back to the Samsung adverts and the token BlackBerry guy who didn't want to give up his BlackBerry. That guy was my hero. Lol. Yeah Samsung was poking fun at BlackBerry users and that security and enterprise were not just BlackBerry things, but that's okay. It's showing that you can be as good as a rival in that category. So who wants to write a BlackBerry eulogy on their new LG? Poor taste IMO.

P.S. - The tools not toys ads didn't help BlackBerry all that much either and more people despise it now than ever before. They also weren't directly calling anyone in particular out but actually showed their own weakness in not being a regular consumer product with the ability to be a toy as well as a tool.
    I guess it's all opinion. Btw we all knew "tools not toys" was for Apple..come on man. I think people here want all these imaginary rules now since blackberry has bad marketing. Blackberry has took shots at the competition throughout the years. Now they are the small fish all of a sudden now we want "rules" for advertising. Instead of being upset with LG how about asking blackberry where is their marketing. One of the best commercials out Imo is the Windows commercial when it pretty much embarrassed the iPad throughout. The whole thing. You don't here apple people crying..you know why?..because apple does their own ads that talk about their products too.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    10-14-13 01:03 PM

Name:	Untitled.png 
Views:	520 
Size:	153.2 KB 
ID:	210557

if i didn't translate that wrong they are saying US government use Blackberry and that is why its on shutdown now? lol
    How dumb can LG get?
    10-14-13 01:03 PM

Name:	Untitled.png 
Views:	520 
Size:	153.2 KB 
ID:	210557

The last one was pretty bad...this...is just sick...htf is a massive tech company like LG going to post such a moronic thing?!?
    10-14-13 01:29 PM
318 ... 34567 ...