10-20-13 12:10 PM
318 12345 ...
tools
    A bit unnecessary from LG, but this sort of 'have a jibe' at rival companies seems to be becoming more and more common in social advertising.

That said it was nice to see lots of supportive and positive replies from BlackBerry users and fans in response, instead of the usual generic 'BlackBerry is s**t' or 'nobody has a BB anymore' replies you see on many FB ads, particularly those posted on BlackBerry's page itself.
    10-14-13 04:43 AM
    Talk about getting backfired :-o
    10-14-13 05:26 AM
    If there ever was a company that would appreciate the underdog and know about comebacks I would have thought it would be Lucky Goldstar. Silly people.
    10-14-13 06:19 AM
    Haha wow. Just reading all the comments.. It totally backfired on them.

I just hate it that the media is fast tracking the death of the company. We can't help it though since BlackBerry PR ain't doing nothing to reassure consumers. That sucks.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-13 06:22 AM
    A whole lot of blackberry owners jumped on them. Maybe about 140 of them in a row.

(BBM#33)
    10-14-13 06:53 AM
    Any of you ever think it was a fake? Here is the LG FB page for LG Mobile. https://www.facebook.com/LGMobile

canuckvoip, you really need to let it go. It's a freaking cell phone company. Not your sister.
    Terser Nori likes this.
    10-14-13 06:56 AM
    I don't see anything wrong with aggressive marketing as long as your product back up your campaign.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
    MERCDROID and n8ter#AC like this.
    10-14-13 07:05 AM
    I love my G2, but I'm ashamed of LG for doing this. Not because they made fun of BlackBerry or because it was a low blow - I'm simply ashamed that they actually bothered to target such an irrelevant player in the smartphone market. It is beneath LG to be concerned about anything going on with BlackBerry.

It would kinda be like Micheal Jordan making fun of a senior citizen trying to play basketball. Sure Jordan is better at basketball than the old and nearly dead dude is, but pointing that fact out would just be bad form.

LG was irrelevant once also, but they kicked it into overgear and started pumping out great device after great device. Giving BlackBerry free advertising is the last thing they should be doing right now.
    10-14-13 07:18 AM
    LG needs to worry about Samsung not BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    LG makes phones??
    RazrRob and Coachbulldog like this.
    10-14-13 07:25 AM
    Classy....
    10-14-13 07:34 AM
    LG makes phones??
    Yep, they actually sold over 12 million of them last quarter. Compared to BlackBerry, who only shipped 5.9 million smart phones last quarter. The vast majority of which were over two years old.

We can make fun of LG's comment, but they are doing a lot better than BlackBerry is at the moment.
    helio9965 likes this.
    10-14-13 07:38 AM
    Ha at the comments. Well, that kinda backfired. And whoever thought of that ad for LG needs to be fired! They are definitely out of line!
    I don't like it either. It's a cheap shot....especially when the companies future is still uncertain. But, unfortunately, it's advertising. LG probably assumed that BlackBerry was an easier target and less likely to comeback at them than Apple or Android because of the current financial situation. Look at it another way, that says a lot about BlackBerries' history when a company will go to that level to try to ensure that it goes away and not be another competitor- one day in the future. Just remember......Karma.
    kbz1960 and gfondeur like this.
    10-14-13 07:42 AM
    Yep, they actually sold over 12 million of them last quarter. Compared to BlackBerry, who only shipped 5.9 million smart phones last quarter. The vast majority of which were over two years old.

We can make fun of LG's comment, but they are doing a lot better than BlackBerry is at the moment.
    Does that number include the nexus line, or do they count those separately?

(BBM#33)
    10-14-13 07:43 AM
    Any of you ever think it was a fake? Here is the LG FB page for LG Mobile. https://www.facebook.com/LGMobile

canuckvoip, you really need to let it go. It's a freaking cell phone company. Not your sister.
    Lol to u... U gave the LG mobile FB page whereas the link posted by OP is an LG USA FB page.
    And surely it's hidden now knowing they were backfired.
    Coz i noticed the likes increased after a while especially to the top commenter.

Definitely not a fake but were hidden due to the backlash.
    10-14-13 07:43 AM
    Guh, LG has a reputation for having laggy mid-spec smartphones. Even if you are planning to ditch your Blackberry, avoid LG like the plague.
    10-14-13 07:48 AM
    Does that number include the nexus line, or do they count those separately?

(BBM#33)
    Not sure, but even if that total includes the Nexus, it wouldn't account for all those sells. People keep bringing up the Nexus 4, but Google has said that the Nexus 4 shipped a little over 3 million units in the year that it has been available. That isn't that much, especially when LG is on course to ship over 40 million smart phones this year.

The Nexus 4 isn't what turned it around for LG, they have several devices that easily out sold the Nexus.
    10-14-13 07:48 AM
    Guh, LG had a reputation for having laggy mid-spec smartphones.
    Fixed it for you!

In the past, yea they made junk, but that isn't the case anymore. Look at the Optimus G, Nexus 4, Optimus G pro, G2 and soon to be the Nexus 5. You really gonna call those phones laggy and mid spec? Lol
    10-14-13 07:53 AM
    My nexus 4 is the least laggy phone that I have ever owned (that, and my galaxy nexus). I actually can't remember a time that they lagged on me unless I severely undervolt them. Actually my most reliable phones, and pretty much good enough to do everything I need.

(BBM#33)
    Saiga and MERCDROID like this.
    10-14-13 08:09 AM
    LG walk in the shadows of Samsung. It's the poor cousin of Samsung. The company can't compete at any level with any of it's products. Even if BlackBerry die in a tragic death still does not make LG phones any better. It just vulture circulating the dying hoping to pick up some left overs.
    gfondeur likes this.
    10-14-13 08:24 AM
    BlackBerry needs to stop being everybody's ***** and start standing up for themselves. Get a spine BlackBerry and believe in what you are.

Posted via CB10
    gfondeur likes this.
    10-14-13 08:30 AM
    It doesn't make me any worse either. I really don't know much about how lg skins android, but on hardware they seem decent enough (in hardware, not marketing ethics).

(BBM#33)
    10-14-13 08:34 AM
    *Make them any worse

(BBM#33)
    10-14-13 08:34 AM
    The fact is LG is doing the marketing, Blackberry doesn't. The hardcore Blackberry fans won't buy one but there are plenty of people who don't like the brand and probably would go for a new phone.

Nothing to get worked up about it. Seem to be very common these days to mention the competition in your own ads.
    10-14-13 08:46 AM
    If you don't see the humor in it, and the humor in the people's responses, the you're too emotionally attached to BlackBerry to understand. It's like watching SNL skits making fun of military black ops. People who actually do black ops probably don't find it very funny, but I do.
    I agree with you, particularly how it gets a lot less funny the closer you are to it. Beyond that, when something tickles your funny bone it just does. For me absurdity, such as here, often is a trigger. BBRY is a ridiculous target for LG so the idea of the ad makes little sense. OTOH, it may simply be their form of an "outrageous" ad to get mindshare. Lord knows questionable advertising is hardly new.
    10-14-13 08:47 AM
    i was rude about it and darn skippy I gotta right to be had an LG tv, died in first four months and they said it was out of warranty. it got thrown off a 10 story parking garage.
    10-14-13 08:56 AM
318 12345 ...