10-20-13 12:10 PM
318 1234 ...
tools
    I don't find anything about BlackBerry's ongoing decline funny. Lost jobs. Lost investors money. Lost choice in technology. Etc. What's funny about that.?

Z10STL100-4/10.2.0.1767
    The ad is funny, and the people's responses to the ad are even funnier. Not everybody can be a winner, that's just life. Every Sunday I live and die with my Giants.
    wincyUt and Etios like this.
    10-14-13 12:17 AM
    The ad is funny, and the people's responses to the ad are even funnier. .
    You seem reluctant to explain what it is that tickles your funny bone.
    What is so funny about it?
    10-14-13 12:20 AM
    I was liking the LG G2 before reading this. They lost any future business from me.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-13 12:23 AM
    Tell us why then.
    If you don't see the humor in it, and the humor in the people's responses, the you're too emotionally attached to BlackBerry to understand. It's like watching SNL skits making fun of military black ops. People who actually do black ops probably don't find it very funny, but I do.
    needforbbx and Etios like this.
    10-14-13 12:23 AM
    You seem reluctant to explain what it is that tickles your funny bone.
    What is so funny about it?
    You can't explain funny to another person. I think the 3 Stooges are hilarious, but it's impossible to explain why it's funny to someone who thinks it's either dangerous or just plain lame.
    rstevenw likes this.
    10-14-13 12:26 AM
    If you don't see the humor in it, and the humor in the people's responses, the you're too emotionally attached to BlackBerry to understand. It's like watching SNL skits making fun of military black ops. People who actually do black ops probably don't find it very funny, but I do.
    It's not that at all.
    It is the general desensitization in social media I have a problem with. Again, reveling in someone else's demise is proof of reverse evolution.
    10-14-13 12:31 AM
    The ad is funny, and the people's responses to the ad are even funnier. Not everybody can be a winner, that's just life. Every Sunday I live and die with my Giants.
    OK. Well to each their own. The ad needlessly alienates at least some potential customers I'd say. For example I generally like Android and would consider buying an Android phone. But I think I will now cross LG off my list of possibilities just because they've given me good reason to.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.0.1767
    kbz1960 and gfondeur like this.
    10-14-13 12:35 AM
    I wish LG started this six months ago, it'd have been great free marketing for BlackBerry. Love the replies of the BlackBerry users.

Post via CB Z10
    10-14-13 12:38 AM
    OK. Well to each their own. The ad needlessly alienates at least some potential customers I'd say. For example I generally like Android and would consider buying an Android phone. But I think I will now cross LG off my list of possibilities just because they've given me good reason to.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.0.1767
    He cares not about either, and that's ok. Being purposely antagonistic is not cool or helpful to anyone.
    bradu1 likes this.
    10-14-13 12:39 AM
    It's not that at all.
    It is the general desensitization in social media I have a problem with. Again, reveling in someone else's demise is proof of reverse evolution.
    Yes it is. For example, last night SNL, I thought the eMeth skit was funny. I have a friend who's a drug counselor, the thought it was in really bad taste. Basically, he's too emotionally attached to the subject matter, so he can't see the humor. I'm not a meth addict and don't know any people who are except what I see on Breaking Bad, so I think the skit is funny. In HS a kid wearing sweats got pantsed in the cafeteria one time. I thought it was funny. His best friend didn't think so. Again, emotional attachment.
    10-14-13 12:41 AM
    You can see that a lot of people don't know what BlackBerry 10 is. THAT'S the sad thing.
    Dave Bourque and metroside like this.
    10-14-13 12:45 AM
    Yes it is. For example, last night SNL, I thought the eMeth skit was funny. I have a friend who's a drug counselor, the thought it was in really bad taste. Basically, he's too emotionally attached to the subject matter, so he can't see the humor. I'm not a meth addict and don't know any people who are except what I see on Breaking Bad, so I think the skit is funny. In HS a kid wearing sweats got pantsed in the cafeteria one time. I thought it was funny. His best friend didn't think so. Again, emotional attachment.
    When you are older you will have sympathy and support for your friend (I hope), or he is actually not your friend.
    10-14-13 12:50 AM
    I also thought it was a little funny especially with some of the responses the ad got, and this is coming from a guy who sleeps with two blackberry phones at night. Kind of got me thinking what my eulogy for my blackberries I have owned through the years would be like. Still hoping for a comeback though.
    10-14-13 12:58 AM
    You can see that a lot of people don't know what BlackBerry 10 is. THAT'S the sad thing.
    True, even our executives, who are BlackBerry loyals, are hesitant bout OS 10,

Posted via CB10
    10-14-13 01:04 AM
    True, even our executives, who are BlackBerry loyals, are hesitant bout OS 10,

Posted via CB10
    It's such a shame.
    10-14-13 01:31 AM
    They did a targeted ad to who likes BlackBerry on Facebook... insulting it.
    How they could think that it wouldn't backfire? LOL

Posted via Z10
    richardat and BroncoVAL like this.
    10-14-13 01:43 AM
    What if this was a teaser that they are buying BlackBerry?!? ...

(One hell of a mean tease) .. and no I don't believe what I just wrote.
    10-14-13 01:48 AM
    I can't seem to find this pic on lg's fb page. Unless I use the link of course.

(BBM#33)
    10-14-13 01:52 AM
    They probably realised that and removed it from their timeline. But to delete it outright might cause even more controversy.... best to just hide their mistake!
    10-14-13 01:53 AM
    At least somebody in their advertising department is actually working - more than can be said of BBRY's i'm afraid.

And whilst it may be an own goal - it gets the LG name trending and ,hey, all us BBRY users know who LG is now - some people might call that a win.
    richardat and m1a1mg like this.
    10-14-13 02:23 AM
    Useless promo but not totally unexpected from a firm that pathetically gave refreshments to people lining up at the S4 event
    10-14-13 02:32 AM
    I had a Nexus 4 before my Q10. It was a good device but prefer Blackberry 10, the rest of LG's range is ruined by their terrible software they've crippled Android with.
    10-14-13 02:37 AM
    the rest of LG's range is ruined by their terrible software they've crippled Android with.
    And not only. It's typical from LG to "forget" previous devices and never release updates once the new phone has been released
    10-14-13 03:01 AM
    Anyone remember the LG Voyager? Lousy phone that I ditched for a Curve 8330. Glad to see the BlackBerry faithful put LG in it's place.
    10-14-13 03:23 AM
    IMO it doesn't make sense to make fun of people who could potentially be your future customers. I was turned off by bb's "tools not toys" ads for that very reason, and I'm turned off by this ad also.

Instead of making stupid ads targeting people, show me what the phone can do that's unique.
    Last edited by solitude1984; 10-14-13 at 06:22 AM.
    21stNow likes this.
    10-14-13 04:32 AM
318 1234 ...